Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I like Gail Simone's run on batgirl. A darker story centering on a not so dark character. I rrrreeeaaalllllyyy did not like the burnside move. Like at all. But to each their own. As long as they focus on something like the Darker gail stuff, I'm confident it would be good. However, considering how much flack DC has gotten (for good reason) about their movies, they might go the burnside route. I wouldn't mind that depending on the story. So basically I'm good for whatever but prefer one over the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Question
    If this is a batgirl origin story
    Does Batman need to be in it?

Same question for Nightwing

If anything Gordon is like Alfred another father figure to Bruce but to Batman he is a friend so its weird. Makes the Babs/Bruce relationship a bit incestuous
    No. It doesn't. Not at all.

Question

If anything Gordon is like Alfred another father figure to Bruce but to Batman he is a friend so its weird. Makes the Babs/Bruce relationship a bit incestuous

Disagree. Gordon wasn't really a father figure. They knew each pretty well but so what? It's okay.

Question

Nah they don't need Batman although they probably should reference him at some point
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

Amazing Member

Well i believe that a Batgirl Movie needs to fit into the Movie Universe already created in Batman vs Superman, Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman. So Batgirl should be a serious fighter and not be like she is in Burnside taking selfies and falling in love with every new guy who shows up.
    I want to see a mature heroine not something aimed at children.
    Burnside Batgirl in my opinion was a big mistake. Gail Simones Batgirl is the way they should go and I really hope they do. It was mature, serious, shows how strong Barbara really is and shows that she is capable of taking care of herself!
    I dont mind a bit of humour in the movie here and there but overall I want to finally see Barbara Gordon on the big screen taking care of herself and kicking major arse.
    Its the first time we will see Barbara Gordon as Batgirl on the big screen in a live action movie ever.
    So I hope they do her justice!

Ideally there should be balance, Batgirl needs to appeal to children too.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ideally there should be balance, Batgirl needs to appeal to children too.
    So does Superman, and we all saw how that turned out.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

"Don't we at the very least deserve the right to exist?" - Doctor 13: Architecture and Morality

Exactly, and characters like Batgirl and Nightwing is an opportunity for them to lighten up.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Exactly, and characters like Batgirl and Nightwing is an opportunity for them to lighten up.
    I don't mind the movies to have some humour but don't want it lightened up to the point of the Batgirl Of Burnside comics or the Batman And Robin Movie starring George Clooney!