Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Default Isn't anyone a slight worried about Joss Whedon's Batgirl based around new 52 ?

I mean there was some controversy surrounding the new 52 Batgirl that Gail Simone had to endure given what happen. So should anyone be a bit worried that despite his claim to fame for Joss Whedon when it was announced that he would be doing the Batgirl movie around the new 52 Batgirl ?

Not really. Comic movies take influence but for the most part do their own thing. I don't expect that this would be any different.

I'm worried we'll get Burnside Batgirl.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Very worried. I hold out hope that it'll be more like Batgirl Year One.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

I heard many times about this batgirl of Whedon in newsarama and...

None of those times I've seen images of batgirl of burnside... I've seen pictures of a normal batgirl like this:

Batgirl.jpg

I think that we will see a normal batgirl.
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-21-2017 at 06:21 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    None of those times I've seen images of batgirl of burnside... I've seen pictures of a normal batgirl like this:

Batgirl.jpg

I think that we will see a normal batgirl.
    That's New 52 Batgirl. Let's hope that Whedon's is more like Pre-Flashpoint.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

DC Pulls - Action Comics; Batman; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Superman; Wonder Woman

Marvel Pulls - Captain America: Steve Rogers; The Mighty Thor

Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    That's New 52 Batgirl. Let's hope that Whedon's is more like Pre-Flashpoint.
    Better this version... Than Batgirl of Burnside..

I hope the same... I only want one normal Batgirl..

Personally, I don't care. If Burnside Babs makes it to screen, good for her. If OG Babs,makes it, good for her too.

I have no positive feelings about either version, so for me it just comes down to whether or not the script is good.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

No, I'm not worried about the New 52 influence. Captain America Civil War took one of the most painfully bad stories ever and turned it into something watchable. I'm much more concerned that it's Joss Whedon writing.
    I'm on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/Atlanta962

And YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/false314

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Incredible Member Lady Nightwing's Avatar

I think Year One would have made a better movie, I say that as a fan of Simones run.

Unlike Batman, Batgirls origin hasn't been done to death. I'd change Killer Moth to a more sinister enemy. I think a movie going audience would think Moth is a bit lame.

If they are using Simones run, does that mean the Killing Joke would be canon in the DCU ? Because Whedon has been saying he want to know "what's her damage?" (Paraphrasing)

I mean he could just mean what drives her but I really don't want to see Jared Leto acting out any of the Killing Joke. Plus going from Batgirl, to Oracle and back to Batgirl would be a lot for one movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I mean there was some controversy surrounding the new 52 Batgirl that Gail Simone had to endure given what happen. So should anyone be a bit worried that despite his claim to fame for Joss Whedon when it was announced that he would be doing the Batgirl movie around the new 52 Batgirl ?
    Only apoplectic, anal retentive fanboy geeks would worry about it at this point.
    It's not as if the movie is going to encapsulate the entire fifty-six-year history of all the Bat-Girl/Batgirls in a single movie. They'd be more likely to use the Nerw52 version of Barbara Gordon's Batgirl as a springboard into whatever story they tell.

I believe they're going for the concept of New 52 Batgirl: post TKJ Batgirl with the emotional baggage. Story wise probably not, there's nothing iconic in that run. He'll probably borrow bits and pieces from all over Babs's history and will streamline a story with his own ideas. I don't see him trying to recreate that run for a movie.

I'd say since it's post TKJ they will definitely have the Joker play a role in the movie. And since TKJ is part of Barbara's story, I could see WB trying to use the movie to rebrand Leto's Joker to not be so...whatever he was in Suicide Squad.

I haven't always agreed with Joss's story decisions, but I have mad respect for his creativity and his story telling capabilities. He's gone on to describe his Barbara as "intense" and "driven" so this is probably not going to be Batgirl-lite.

So long as she's not having sex with Batman(the Killing Joke movie still gives me shivers) I'm fine with whatever they decide to do with Batgirl. They can make her biracial and give her a black or chinese mother for all I care. Just no screwing Batman!

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    I believe they're going for the concept of New 52 Batgirl: post TKJ Batgirl with the emotional baggage. Story wise probably not, there's nothing iconic in that run. He'll probably borrow bits and pieces from all over Babs's history and will streamline a story with his own ideas. I don't see him trying to recreate that run for a movie.
    This is my take on it too .

Incredible Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by geomon View Post
    I'm worried we'll get Burnside Batgirl.
    My thoughts exactly. Either New 52 Batgirl or Year One Batgirl i'll be happy with.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 04-21-2017 at 09:45 AM.