Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041 LastLast

I love Fassbender and his Magneto and I'm trying to keep an open mind about Dark Phoenix, but if it's yet another Magneto-switching-sides story I think I'll barf. I'd rather have more screen time devoted to making us care about Jean, and ideally building up her relationship with Scott, rather than rehashing the same old tropes. But again, open mind, let's see what happens.

I like the ideas of a cameo Mystique bringing a young Rogue that would be awesome

Magneto like I already said, is fine as long as he doesn't dominate the movie too much, there is a LOT to get through in this film plot-wise and relationships

I see 0 chance whatsoever he'll switch sides BTW. he will for sure be an ally at this point
    Chris Claremont, Peter David, Mike Carey, Cullen Bunn = canon. Others = fanfic.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I agree Kurt.

Those in charge of the movie will make it their way, meaning giving parts to those characters they prefer. Magneto will probably play a large part of the movie.

I just Hope that Jean, the Phoenix and the Phoenix storyline get enough time for things to make sense and be a good movie about Jean.
    to me, to make a really great Dark phoenix movie, the director has to really make sure that the audience not only cares for Jean, but for the actual X-Men too. Something I highly highly doubt Kinberg will achieve. They havent achieved it in these 17 years. I havent any proof to expect it now in Dark Phoenix. I dont believe in magic. Some x-men will be sidelined once again. so the audience wont care about them once again.

Incredible Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i just want wanda to say NO MORE MAGNETO...
    we can be heroes, just for one day

I love Fassbender as Magneto, as he clearly enjoys the role, the franchise, and does a wonderful job bringing him to life. I'm always happy to see actors feel that way about these characters (unlike Lawernce....), so if they can find a way to incorporate him into a role that doesn't hog the spotlight I'll be okay. Honestly, the Magneto well has run dry when it comes to telling his origin, so this go around they wouldn't need to really establish anything about him since the audience knows him at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    i just want wanda to say NO MORE MAGNETO...
    Ahahaha. Jean can telepathically put that idea into Wanda's head!

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar

Speaking recently on Josh Horowitz’s podcast Happy Sad Confused, Fassbender seemed to confirm that he’ll be reprising his role as Magneto when asked if we can expect to see him in any of these future X-Men movies:

“Possibly. Yeah, likely.”
    When asked if he’s in New Mutants or Dark Phoenix, the actor seemed to playfully hint he’ll be in the latter, but his cageyness suggests that contract negotiations may still be ongoing. Still, it sounds like Fassbender is interested in continuing on, which is a big get for Fox.

He'll be there.

Actors today are so afraid and cagey to say anything. It really does not pay to wait to hear something directly from them, because by that time, it is usually common knowledge.

I love Magneto but I'll honestly be kinda disappointed if he's back. His arc is more than complete. It's time to move on.

#MrSinister

Honestly, the only person who I don't want to come back is Mystique. I'd prefer if Magneto took a breather, but I'll wait to learn more about what kind of role they have in mind for him before I get too frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    I love Magneto but I'll honestly be kinda disappointed if he's back. His arc is more than complete. It's time to move on.

#MrSinister
    But hasn't Apoc been destroyed? That's what I don't get how will they do Mr Sin
    Chris Claremont, Peter David, Mike Carey, Cullen Bunn = canon. Others = fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    They could just make it that Sinister has been experimenting on himself to become this powerful... And I think Sinister has become less connected with Apoc over time anyway.
    My ResurrXion thoughts/ list:

1. X-Men Blue
    2. Jean Grey
    3. All-New Wolverine
    4. X-Men Gold
    5. Weapon X

Incredible Member TheRealWashout's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Sinister's origins date back to the Victorian Era. Beyond his origin (and really not even there), Apocalypse isn't necessary for Sinister to be featured.

Cinemablend did an interview with producer Hutch Parker, where they asked him whether or not Mystique and Magneto would be showing up in Dark Phoenix, and said that they had the characters in mind when working out the details of the story. He was also asked about Rogue appearing in this film (though I don't know why the author of the article implies that Rogue is integral to Dark Phoenix....) and Parker replied that the film will be more "expansive" then Logan.

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1660...e-dark-phoenix

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar