Page 245 of 255 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 3820
  1. #3661
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    I always take interviews with Hollywood types with an extreme grain of salt. Both positive and negative.
    That's my point. Kinberg's word is useless, so when he says he' gets it now, how can you trust that?

    Also, him returning to DP, doesn't mean he wants to right his wrongs, it means that a DP movie, even when it sucks, it will still make lots of money (no other x movie has matched X3 in this country). That's the most likely XMEN story to make a billion dollars.

  2. #3662
    Astonishing Member SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    That's my point. Kinberg's word is useless, so when he says he' gets it now, how can you trust that?

    Also, him returning to DP, doesn't mean he wants to right his wrongs, it means that a DP movie, even when it sucks, it will still make lots of money (no other x movie has matched X3 in this country). That's the most likely XMEN story to make a billion dollars.
    That had less to do with DPS(general audience didn't even know what the hell that is, and most of them still don't) movie, and more to do with that it was the last movie in a successful movie trilogy. The last movie in a trilogy usually makes most money.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

  3. #3663
    X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    That had less to do with DPS(general audience didn't even know what the hell that is, and most of them still don't) movie, and more to do with that it was the last movie in a successful movie trilogy. The last movie in a trilogy usually makes most money.
    It was also the most heavily marketed, though that could just be my recollection.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

  4. #3664
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    That had less to do with DPS(general audience didn't even know what the hell that is, and most of them still don't) movie, and more to do with that it was the last movie in a successful movie trilogy. The last movie in a trilogy usually makes most money.
    Apocalypse says hi!

    Granted, when X3 came out, the goodwill towards the X-franchise was at an all time high. I don't believe it's been that high since. Almost got back there with DOFP but Apocalypse stopped that momentum.

  5. #3665
    Astonishing Member SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Apocalypse says hi!

    Granted, when X3 came out, the goodwill towards the X-franchise was at an all time high. I don't believe it's been that high since. Almost got back there with DOFP but Apocalypse stopped that momentum.
    I said usually.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

  6. #3666
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3,293

    Default

    hopefully this trailer is awesome

  7. #3667
    Mighty Member Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,642

    Default

    They probably won’t release a teaser trailer until May at least. And they’re going to be very careful with releasing images. They completely botched the Apocalypse rollout (they were never able to overcome Ivan Ooze) and even DoFP was really bad with that. Good marketing is the only thing that matters when it comes to an opening weekend box office.

  8. #3668
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    http://deadline.com/2017/11/anthony-...rd-1202205839/

    The sub-human scum known as Bryan Singer must be pissing himself these days.

    The main reason why Spacey went down and Singer hasn't, is because Singer has powerful friends. Now those powerful friends are falling too.

    The fact Chastain came out against him too must mean something big is coming. I really hope so, because the allegations against Singer make Spacey look like a saint.

  9. #3669
    Mighty Member darewithpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    i hate this world, so corrupt
    we can be heroes, just for one day

  10. #3670
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They probably won’t release a teaser trailer until May at least. And they’re going to be very careful with releasing images. They completely botched the Apocalypse rollout (they were never able to overcome Ivan Ooze) and even DoFP was really bad with that. Good marketing is the only thing that matters when it comes to an opening weekend box office.
    Just tried to change subject lol

  11. #3671
    Time Police BishopsJuice91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    VABATL
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They probably won’t release a teaser trailer until May at least. And they’re going to be very careful with releasing images. They completely botched the Apocalypse rollout (they were never able to overcome Ivan Ooze) and even DoFP was really bad with that. Good marketing is the only thing that matters when it comes to an opening weekend box office.
    They weren’t able to get past the Ivan ooze masquerade was because everything we thought from the looks of it were actually true...

  12. #3672
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    276

    Default

    I think the Ivan Ooze comparison happened because of the purple lighting they used. I agree that the pictures weren't the best but Apocalypse looked nothing like Ooze in the movie.

  13. #3673
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    480

    Default

    New Mutants arrive in April, so more than likely Fox will attach XMDP teaser with it, as other fans have suggested out there

  14. #3674
    Astonishing Member Man of Sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    http://deadline.com/2017/11/anthony-...rd-1202205839/

    The sub-human scum known as Bryan Singer must be pissing himself these days.

    The main reason why Spacey went down and Singer hasn't, is because Singer has powerful friends. Now those powerful friends are falling too.

    The fact Chastain came out against him too must mean something big is coming. I really hope so, because the allegations against Singer make Spacey look like a saint.
    Actually, it was because Singer's attorney presented evidence to Federal District Judge stating that neither Singer nor Mike Egan were in Hawaii at the time like the accusers claimed. Then the dude dropped the charges after that. Sometime later Egan was jailed for being a con-artist, revealing he had a motive of the story was false.

    At least that was the case with the last one. Seriously, like I said earlier you need to look into these cases before making a statement.
    Last edited by Man of Sin; 11-10-2017 at 06:17 PM.
    "Did you know that half of the teens in America are virgins? Not because they haven't the right person, but they haven't found the right teacher. " ~ Arsenio Hall

  15. #3675
    Incredible Member JeanGreyForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    978

    Default

    Let's hope that the first thing Disney/Marvel does when they buy the Fox rights is cancel this film. Or at least bury it amongst a busy weekend with many new film releases with little to no promotion as if it never existed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •