Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151
Results 2,251 to 2,264 of 2264
    Extraordinary Member Gray Lensman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    There're plenty of Jott fans, the more you look for hate more you see it.

By Andrew Robinson

You don't have to look very hard - hate is loud. There are a couple posters who I question whether or not they are truly fans of their favorite characters or just people who hate Scott, since they seem to spend much more time doing the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Jott for sure, there are people who hate jean/logan (i dont) but you have a whole fandom (scemma) totally opposed to jean/scott.

Trying to be a little more optimist i believe that even if it takes another decade marvel will at some point try to solve things between jean and scott and they also have many fans that dont post all the time. There are people, x-men fans that maybe not very vocal or much into jean or scott that will always think of them as the x-couple.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah, it sucks lol, really doesn't make me feel very open to marriage, but i still hope for a good and fullfilling romantic relationship, a man can dream (sorry for what happen to you b in that regard by the way i had seen how difficult can be).

As for Jott, they are coming back together i don't doubt it and when it happens, the explosion in this forums would be big (i wonder what would the one that cause the worst reaction Jott or Jogan ).
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Not saying you're wrong or anything, pal. I've seen former couples who fit both of our posts. One talks about the other with mild annoyance and the other like they're describing Satan even if it's not that bad. I've been on both sides in my previous relationships lol
    People in the Cyclops thread are less passionate, though. In the Jean thread people treat Scott like he's a real person who is somehow to blame for all the misfortune of Jean, the X-Line, and probably for killing their childhood pet or something like that. I can only think of one or two people in the Cyclops thread who come close to that.

Yeah, it's the reason why my last post there was that joke about the Adversary and universities. It's also why I like this one so much. You can appreciate both here without the whole endless bitterness.
    Agreed, the thread used to be positive but lately, it's been a place where Cyclops haters come to lash out.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    People will complain regardless. "Ugh. Jean was finally having a healthy relationship with someone. Why you gotta put her back with Scott?! Screw you Marvel!"

Where are you getting this? No f-ing way Scemma is more loved than Jott. Not even here. Make a thread, put a poll, and you'll have your answer. I guarantee you Jott wins.
    Whatever happened it only hurt cyke as a character.So if marvel want them together than don't bring emma/logan in the mix for at least a decade.Now we know that's not gonna happen,marvel will always shoehorn logan in that relationship.So,i say keep jean/scott apart as much as possible.Don't want my man cyke get more hate than he already gets.

Now jean was dead for 14years,while scott lived.Much hate comes from that.Now one thing jean fans have over scott fans is that DPS will always be priority in all kind of media.So,they did/will get lots of jean even if she is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Whatever happened it only hurt cyke as a character.So if marvel want them together than don't bring emma/logan in the mix for at least a decade.Now we know that's not gonna happen,marvel will always shoehorn logan in that relationship.So,i say keep jean/scott apart as much as possible.Don't want my man cyke get more hate than he already gets.

Now jean was dead for 14years,while scott lived.Much hate comes from that.Now one thing jean fans have over scott fans is that DPS will always be priority in all kind of media.So,they did/will get lots of jean even if she is dead.
    The weird thing is that jean and scott have been apart for years and people keeps complaining. I mean adult jean and cyclops haven't been alive at the same time for 14 years ( and i see cyclops dead for more years) you cant be more apart than that. Jeen and tyke havent been together either. At this point i believe the only way to stop the hate is to put them together because if all this time didn't stopped it, it means that isn't the solution

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    You don't have to look very hard - hate is loud. There are a couple posters who I question whether or not they are truly fans of their favorite characters or just people who hate Scott, since they seem to spend much more time doing the latter.
    Agreed! Though they start to look like trolls when it comes to Jean/Scott topic, you can't do anything about that then. Best to ignore it, they will bring out the worst in you.

There're plenty of Jott fans, the more you look for hate more you see it.

By Andrew Robinson

That's a really cool piece. I'm taking drawing courses, so when I reach a reasonably good level I might post some Scott/Jean stuff here for you guys to criticize. For now it's just lectures and practice

The weird thing is that jean and scott have been apart for years and people keeps complaining. I mean adult jean and cyclops haven't been alive at the same time for 14 years ( and i see cyclops dead for more years) you cant be more apart than that. Jeen and tyke havent been together either. At this point i believe the only way to stop the hate is to put them together because if all this time didn't stopped it, it means that isn't the solution
    First step is for the movies to fix JOTT, Scott etc. I mean, people who don't know anything about comics will you 10 reasons to hate Cyke.

The mess in comics can be handled.

That's a really cool piece. I'm taking drawing courses, so when I reach a reasonably good level I might post some Scott/Jean stuff here for you guys to criticize. For now it's just lectures and practice
    Great! It's hard to find new arts for JOTT.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    I don't dispute that stuff from the movies made it's way into the comics. First movie, Toad and Mystique's looks from the movie made their way into the comics. X MEN FOREVER transformed them and I certainly think that was because of wanting them to look more like their movie versions.
    That is just one thing. I could go on.

I spoke specifically about what Morrison did with Scott and Jean. If he wanted to emulate the movie the third party in the triangle would have been Logan. Instead of trying to help the marriage, which is what he did under Morrison, he would have been pursuing Jean.

Joe Casey, in UXM 394, perhaps an argument could me made. Not like it went anywhere. IIRC, Casey only used Jean in that one issue. As I said earlier, Mark Millar said the first movie influenced Jean hooking up with Logan early in ULTIMATE X MEN.
    As I said, Salvador Larroca answered questions and apparently Logan was again the third in discord, but Marvel did not want Logan to be hated and changed the triangle to Storm (Claremont's old idea), but Quesada opted for Morrison's new idea with Emma. By the way, Larroca expresses anger several times with Quesada for preferring the ideas of Morrison and Casey.
    Last edited by v_jeovanne; Yesterday at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    People will complain regardless. "Ugh. Jean was finally having a healthy relationship with someone. Why you gotta put her back with Scott?! Screw you Marvel!"

Where are you getting this? No f-ing way Scemma is more loved than Jott. Not even here. Make a thread, put a poll, and you'll have your answer. I guarantee you Jott wins.
    is exactly this, if Jean is with someone by the time Scott returns that will bring a lot of drama, there will be a lot of tension between Jean and Scott and many moments "they will do it, they will doin't it?" in the end Jean breaks up with whoever is and will be back with Scott and all the haters of Scott will scream with fury at Marvel for having broken "the best relationship and true love of Jean" even if it is not true.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah, it sucks lol, really doesn't make me feel very open to marriage, but i still hope for a good and fullfilling romantic relationship, a man can dream (sorry for what happen to you b in that regard by the way i had seen how difficult can be).

As for Jott, they are coming back together i don't doubt it and when it happens, the explosion in this forums would be big (i wonder what would the one that cause the worst reaction Jott or Jogan ).
    People in the Cyclops thread are less passionate, though. In the Jean thread people treat Scott like he's a real person who is somehow to blame for all the misfortune of Jean, the X-Line, and probably for killing their childhood pet or something like that. I can only think of one or two people in the Cyclops thread who come close to that.

Yeah, it's the reason why my last post there was that joke about the Adversary and universities. It's also why I like this one so much. You can appreciate both here without the whole endless bitterness.
    some fans of Jean are a little hypocritical criticize Scott for cheating Jean saying he was a bad husband but they forget that Jean cheated on Scott with Logan... twice before the matter with Emma!
    they say that Scott limited her but that is not the case, they complain that Scott did not agree with Jean's return to wearing the Phoenix costume but, how to blame him when it brings up the memory of his wife's death?
    or they just blame it on Scott that Jean was dead for so long, when that's the fault of the writers who just didn't want to risk their new and precious status quo.
    It is incredible the great hatred they have against Scott just for how their relationship ends and they forget all the good times they have had throughout their history!

no matter what Marvel does, it will create controversy. but I'm sure that Jott's return will not bring so much I mean they are one of their iconic couples, of course some shippers Scemma, Jogan and those who simply hate Scott or Jean willn't be happy but personally I think they are an minority, is just that they always create a lot of controversy on every occasion they can.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    As I said, Salvador Larroca answered questions and apparently Logan was again the third in discord, but Marvel did not want Logan to be hated and changed the triangle to Storm (Claremont's old idea), but Quesada opted for Morrison's new idea with Emma. By the way, Larroca expresses anger several times with Quesada for preferring the ideas of Morrison and Casey.

Hold on a second. There was going to be a Jean Logan Scott triangle, but Marvel changed their mind because they didn't want Logan hated? But it's okay for the movie version, which is infinitely bigger, to be hated? Then they were going to substitute Storm. And she was going to crossover regularly to NEW X MEN or vice versa to do a triangle? Then Emma was third choice as if this was forced on Morrison.

I don't believe any of that. Certainly not anything of that sort being forced on Morrison. I don't believe anything was forced on Morrison. i mean once his run started. This guy had free reign like no other X creator in a LONG time. I know he wanted to use Colossus originally, they told him the character was dead, and he replaced her with Emma and gave her new powers to somewhat replicate his. I don't believe for one second that the movies had anything to do with what Morrison did with JOTT. I know at the time that I felt that PERHAPS a stronger showing of Jott in the 1st movie might have somewhat cemented their relationship in the comics. I used all caps because I was and still am somewhat dubious that it would have protected them.

Larroca said this in the Spanish version of XTREME? Like in a TPB? To be clear, I don't doubt for a second that there was a lot of editorial interference in that series. We Claremont was supposed to have Beast and Morrison decided he wanted him. The return of British Psylocke was another aborted plan. This is stuff that Claremont said in interviews back. That it extended to telling Morrison to create a third wheel for Scott and Jean I don't buy. That it may have had something to do with Joe Casey's Jean/LOgan kiss I could buy, but that never went anywhere.

So, did Larroca give the timeline of when Marvel decided, oh uh, people might hate Logan for this?
    After the Logan/Jean kiss in NXM 117? Even though the annual where it's left ambiguous that Scott and Emma slept together came out before this issue. Well, I'm not 100% sure. It either came out between NXM 116 and 117 or 117 and 118. I believe the first. If not, definitely the second.

Newsflash, gang, JOTT always had detractors. Pretty much every comics couple that I've followed does. Are there a lot more now? Can't be sure, but from my message forum experience, I'd certainly say yes. Amazing how that works. Scott has a fucking affair on his wife. Scott is sucking face with his mistress where his wife is buried, MULTIPLE FUCKING TIMES, and that has turned some readers off the relationship. Shocking, I say, shocking.

I'd venture to guess that I was a JOTT fan longer than the great majority of posters here. Maybe some, but I don't imagine too many. Soured me on them. Not that I'm rooting actively against them getting back together. I just can't see myself, without a retcon, ever feeling the same way again. i mean about the couple. Far as I'm concerned, that is on Marvel. They told that story.
    Don't expect me not to judge the characters' on their actions even if they are my favorite. Hell, them being my favorite just makes it worse. That's why I dropped all the X books, not just the ones that had Cyclops. The sour taste just permeated across that universe.

This Larroca stuff has me bamboozled. How this never came out before. Even if it's in Spanish, I've seen plenty of posters from other countries. I mean over the years. This is 15 years since Morrison left and that was when Larroca was on XTREME. He was the book's first artist, IIRC..

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Hold on a second. There was going to be a Jean Logan Scott triangle, but Marvel changed their mind because they didn't want Logan hated? But it's okay for the movie version, which is infinitely bigger, to be hated? Then they were going to substitute Storm. And she was going to crossover regularly to NEW X MEN or vice versa to do a triangle? Then Emma was third choice as if this was forced on Morrison.

I don't believe any of that. Certainly not anything of that sort being forced on Morrison. I don't believe anything was forced on Morrison. i mean once his run started. This guy had free reign like no other X creator in a LONG time. I know he wanted to use Colossus originally, they told him the character was dead, and he replaced her with Emma and gave her new powers to somewhat replicate his. I don't believe for one second that the movies had anything to do with what Morrison did with JOTT. I know at the time that I felt that PERHAPS a stronger showing of Jott in the 1st movie might have somewhat cemented their relationship in the comics. I used all caps because I was and still am somewhat dubious that it would have protected them.

Larroca said this in the Spanish version of XTREME? Like in a TPB? To be clear, I don't doubt for a second that there was a lot of editorial interference in that series. We Claremont was supposed to have Beast and Morrison decided he wanted him. The return of British Psylocke was another aborted plan. This is stuff that Claremont said in interviews back. That it extended to telling Morrison to create a third wheel for Scott and Jean I don't buy. That it may have had something to do with Joe Casey's Jean/LOgan kiss I could buy, but that never went anywhere.

So, did Larroca give the timeline of when Marvel decided, oh uh, people might hate Logan for this?
    After the Logan/Jean kiss in NXM 117? Even though the annual where it's left ambiguous that Scott and Emma slept together came out before this issue. Well, I'm not 100% sure. It either came out between NXM 116 and 117 or 117 and 118. I believe the first. If not, definitely the second.

Newsflash, gang, JOTT always had detractors. Pretty much every comics couple that I've followed does. Are there a lot more now? Can't be sure, but from my message forum experience, I'd certainly say yes. Amazing how that works. Scott has a fucking affair on his wife. Scott is sucking face with his mistress where his wife is buried, MULTIPLE FUCKING TIMES, and that has turned some readers off the relationship. Shocking, I say, shocking.

I'd venture to guess that I was a JOTT fan longer than the great majority of posters here. Maybe some, but I don't imagine too many. Soured me on them. Not that I'm rooting actively against them getting back together. I just can't see myself, without a retcon, ever feeling the same way again. i mean about the couple. Far as I'm concerned, that is on Marvel. They told that story.
    Don't expect me not to judge the characters' on their actions even if they are my favorite. Hell, them being my favorite just makes it worse. That's why I dropped all the X books, not just the ones that had Cyclops. The sour taste just permeated across that universe.

This Larroca stuff has me bamboozled. How this never came out before. Even if it's in Spanish, I've seen plenty of posters from other countries. I mean over the years. This is 15 years since Morrison left and that was when Larroca was on XTREME. He was the book's first artist, IIRC..
    it is an ambiguous situation, the ideas of the authors apparently were discussed in the meetings before launching the new stage (New, Uncanny, Xtreme), Larroca mentions a couple of times the insistence of Quesada to make changes (mainly visual) to follow a line inspired by the movie.
    I suppose that being an old series (Xtreme) and a limited publication (Forum Spain) there is not so much diffusion, I have the bad habit of buying foreign editions, that's why I remember the Larroca section.

If marvel/disney keep the love triangle out,then i'm all for jott.If they don't then i don't want jean anywhere near scott in comics.It's very unhealthy for scott's future in the x-men.

Yup, i think most of the toxicity and hate comes from the love triangles. They make fans of each character feel bretayed. I like jott but if marvel makes another love triangle with them it will only make things worse. I really hope that regardless of the status of their relationship we dont have more of that horrible drama.

Yup, i think most of the toxicity and hate comes from the love triangles. They make fans of each character feel bretayed. I like jott but if marvel makes another love triangle with them it will only make things worse. I really hope that regardless of the status of their relationship we dont have more of that horrible drama.
    Well,there's hope.If prime x-men's got same number of movie contracts,that'll limit logan's appearance because of his solo & avengers team up movies.And the actor will have a hard time to live up hugh jackman's success,so marvel won't shoehorn him in every movie.