Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Already posted it a few pages ago. It's a commission that Ryan Kelly ( http://funrama.blogspot.ch/ ) made for me.

Quote Originally Posted by alitab View Post
    I don't know if you guys read this interview with Bunn, but he says something that is true and that is awesome.

Here is the link to the interview: https://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfi...=IN04051710033
    Sorry I didn't mention this in my last post, but thanks a bunch for finding this as well.

I agree with Bunn's sentiment. I can't remember the last time an X-men writer acknowledged the weight of the Cyclops/Jean relationship. For a while, it became popular to undermine them in every way. It happened in the movies. It happened through nearly a decade of comics. But no matter what anyone did, it was impossible to push them completely apart.

Even going back to the Astonishing X-men days, Cyclops acknowledged that Jean was always going to be a part of him. And throughout Bendis' All-New X-men run, we saw O5 Jean gravitate towards Cyclops, even when she tried to avoid it. I think that's an important element for both characters. Their romance goes all the way back to the Lee/Kirby days. It has had such an enormous impact on the history of the X-men that it's impossible to completely remove it from the X-men mythos without losing something vital.

Romance in general should still be part of the story here. That's something I think Marvel has lost sight of in all its comics. Look at every iconic romance in Marvel's history. At the moment, pretty much all of them are gone. Reed and Sue are MIA. Peter and Mary Jane have been undone. Vision and the Scarlet Witch were torn apart. I think the lack of those iconic romances, including Cyclops/Jean, takes something vital away from the comics. DC seems to have realized that and has steadily rebuilt their iconic romances. I hope Marvel follows suit and I hope they start with Cyclops/Jean.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

Incredible Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    i like the we can dance song... and i think it haved to he included on the movie... they screw that up
    we can be heroes, just for one day

I liked the mall scene and was annoyed it was deleted also annoyed for Jubilee it was deleted most she was in the film and she was kind of the representation of Mall Culture when she was introduced and I thought it was cool having her in a film set at the height of Mall Culture and them going to the Mall.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Thanks! I appreciate your kind words. Love the drawing by the way! Is there any way you can email me a larger version? I'd love to put that on my site.
    The drawing seems a bit weird because I tried to do something more ethereal with pastel and colage, but I have other ones that are more comic-style. I'll find some Jean and Scott ones I'm allowed to post here.

kiss2.jpg

I believe that Scott's and Jean's character have been built so strongly around each other that there is no conceivable or credible way to write them as completely separate individuals. Bunn is an excellent writer that is able to express a lot about the characters in a few pages, and he often works around the way relationships reveal the complexities of each one. I wish he were writing Jean Grey as well. (Sorry, this was supposed to be a reply to MarvelMaster616's last post, but I'm still learning how to post here).

The drawing seems a bit weird because I tried to do something more ethereal with pastel and colage, but I have other ones that are more comic-style. I'll find some Jean and Scott ones I'm allowed to post here.

kiss2.jpg
    Thanks! This is great. Looks a lot better than anything I could've done. The style really works, especially given the context of the scene. They were in space, alone, and extremely emotional. That's a potent combination for these two. If you have more like this, please share them. I'm sure many on this board would love to see them.

I believe that Scott's and Jean's character have been built so strongly around each other that there is no conceivable or credible way to write them as completely separate individuals. Bunn is an excellent writer that is able to express a lot about the characters in a few pages, and he often works around the way relationships reveal the complexities of each one. I wish he were writing Jean Grey as well. (Sorry, this was supposed to be a reply to MarvelMaster616's last post, but I'm still learning how to post here).
    Marvel has tried to split them up in the past. Chris Claremont famously planned to do it in the early 90s, but the editors stopped him. The commercial failure of X-men Forever showed that they made the right decision. Even after Jean died again, the Cyclops/Emma relationship was never on the same level. During the Uncanny X-men Fear Itself tie-in, Namor actually pointed it out. No matter what Emma did, she'd always be second in Cyclops' heart. Eventually, they broke up. Now, Emma's misguided passions have pushed her to make difficult decisions that put her at odds with everyone who ever trusted her.

I hope that with Bunn, and other X-men writers down the line, embrace this romance instead of trying to avoid it. I believe it brings out the best in both characters. DC has shown that embracing iconic romances can work. I hope Marvel does the same.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

loved the end with jean and scott closing the comic on x men blue #3

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Already posted it a few pages ago. It's a commission that Ryan Kelly ( http://funrama.blogspot.ch/ ) made for me.
    Every time I randomly come across a nice piece of art, it belongs to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Theres a new toy with jean and scott on the box.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    Theres a new toy with jean and scott on the box.
    Can you post a link please? I might want this
    Im Mary Poppins, yall.---Yondu

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

"Man wants to punch a beehive, let him punch a beehive"---Mark Waid

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Thanks for posting the pics
    Im Mary Poppins, yall.---Yondu

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

"Man wants to punch a beehive, let him punch a beehive"---Mark Waid

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

I saw a few images for this toy as well, but I was under the impression that it wasn't going to be available in the United States. I thought it was going to be one of those European exclusives. Does anyone know if that's the case? Is this something I'll be able to buy at a con or over Amazon?