Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144
Results 2,146 to 2,153 of 2153
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    I personally believe that a retcon is not the solution, you can fool yourself and say that it is someone else's fault or do as it never happened, but the comics that show otherwise are there and that does not solve the problems. What I would prefer would be for both Scott and Jean to talk about their problems and solve them as adults. Many marriages in real life have fallen into adultery and despite this they have managed to overcome it, it is not easy but it can be overcome if one shows true repentance and the other is able to forgive. Both Jean and Scott made mistakes maybe Scott did worse but Jean is not a saint either and that can help them overcome this pothole more easily. I think that if Jean and Scott overcome their problems as I am mentioning they wouldn't only be in the pantheon of the best couples but that they would be the best of them, because not only would they be a couple that they love each other but they would also be a Realistic couple that could help with the example to other couples in real life. But that would be too good and too much work for Marvel to do, but the last thing that is lost is hope.
    To each his own. If you can get past it because real life marriages deal with adultery, knock yourself out. These are superHERO comics and I want Scott to be better than that. FOR ME, he crossed a line he cannot cross. And once he crossed it it's in bounds for the next writer who wants to use it.
    Eventually, they will go back there again. Like Hank Pym. It's why you need to think about that before the story is told. Again, for me, no amount of talking between Scott and Jean is going to change that.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they will do a full retcon if/when the O5 finally go back in time. It won't be just the affair, though; it'll be a lot of stuff--Scott killing Xavier, Scott and Jean's marriage, probably a lot of the Madelyne Pryor business, etc.
    I would sign for that. Go back as far as you need. Certainly I would not like losing the marriage, but if that's what it takes to undo what happened after he came back, it's better than now. Now, he's broken for me. Perhaps that's not the right word He cant be the character who was my favorite X Man.

Do I see it happening? No way. And I think, even for Marvel, one OMD was enough.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Marvel isn't going to retcon anything.
    1-they don't care
    2-it would be disrespectful to scemma fans and cause even more hate
    3- people would complain about scott being whitewashed and going free without consecuences
    It won't be just Scott and Jean's histories that will be retconned. It will be all of X-Men continuity back to the Silver Age. Editorial will use the retcon to streamline X-Men history, picking and choosing what remains in-continuity, what's thrown out, and what still "happened" but in a different way.

I think the best we can expect is Marvel bringing back scott in a path of redemption, one of the people he have to apologize would be Jean. Maybe they don't get together after that but talking about it will be healthy for both the characters in universe and the fans.
    I doubt it. Scott and Jean already reconciled in PR#5. Marvel has zero interest in revisiting this.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Worst case scenario, you get OMD for the X-Men, they were together but not married and broke up when the whole Emma business happened, all those stories when they were husband and wife?, they were super serious boyfriend and girlfriend .
    That's pretty close to what I expect.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    That's pretty close to what I expect.
    Man, i don't wish that to any other fanbase, but i think that they might be dumb enougth to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Why would ppl would complain about being whitewashed... He is already a white guy ??
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Sorry, wrong term. I suck at english. I was trying to say that many people wouldn't like the whole morrison thing ignored. it's something that needs resolution. we kind of got t in phoenix resurrection but many people aren't convinced yet.
    Actually, if you meant to say that Scott's bad deeds were being concealed, then "whitewashed" is correct. The use of the term to mean literally lightening someone's skin color is new to me.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Extraordinary Member Gray Lensman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    Actually, if you meant to say that Scott's bad deeds were being concealed, then "whitewashed" is correct. The use of the term to mean literally lightening someone's skin color is new to me.
    In film 'whitewashing' is the act of replacing a minority character with a white actor. See the live action Ghost in the Shell.

Scott & Jean by Kyler Clodfelter, marvel swimsuit 2018.