Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Looks like the door has been slammed shut on Connor returning

According to the history given in Action Comics this week Connor was never a part of the Reign Of The Supermen storyline after Clark's fight with Doomsday. Obviously there is a big hint that there are still sinister forces that may be manipulating the timeline in regard to just how much is either being remembered or what is allowed to come back into Clark's live in this post-Reborn phase but the fact that everyone BUT Connor was shown is a pretty stark indication that they don't want to have both Jon and Connor as Superboy. That is a damn shame since we have 3 Flashes, 2 of which were once known as or is currently a Kid Flash. One can only hope that perhaps Oz has Connor in containment or like the JSA and Jay perhaps he has fallen victim to the speed force and may be seen at another time.

Here's my fingers crossed that they will at least mention him at some point. I think Geoff and company have some explaining to do on this one.

Incredible Member

No way they're not preparing Connor's return. The classic Reign of Superman tale is very well-know, no way they're simply getting rid of one of the key players and the most popular character who spun off that time. You can't just get rid of Kon-El like that. They call them the Four Supermen for a reason.

I don't see why it would be a problem to have Connor be Superboy. Just have him BE the former Superboy.

Btw, maybe its just me, but I would love to see a story where Kon-El finally becomes Superman and Jon is Superboy - think Batman (Dick) and Robin (Damian).

I think at some point (AC #1000?), we're gonna find out that Dr. Manhattan eliminated Kon-El/Conner from everybody's memories for some reason. Its why Supes is trying to make sure he knows everything.

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

I still think there's a plan for him. I believe that for the most part, what we were told in these past two issues is what is canon, period, and won't be changing. Not in Action #1000 nor anytime soon. This is the history until the natural course of time begins to feed into retconning (which should be at least 5 years before they start messing around with things again) But all this issue implied was that Conner was not a part of The Reign of the Supermen. What it didn't do though is make his existence impossible. So IMO, the door is still open for him to be one of if not THE inconsistency Superman has a nagging feeling about even though he can't find it, or he could be just completely started over from scratch in the present day.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-26-2017 at 10:59 PM.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Spectacular Member

Unfortunately, there's NO plan for him. Not now. Not in the near future.

Dc guys think they dragged a lot of new (young) readers with Jon as Superboy and they don't want to confuse them with the insertion of another Superboy.

Of course, that was all DiDio.

Even the Kents are dead because of the continuity problems they thought he could generate with the grandparents.

TWO HUGE MISTAKES IN MY OPINION.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    No way they're not preparing Connor's return. The classic Reign of Superman tale is very well-know, no way they're simply getting rid of one of the key players and the most popular character who spun off that time. You can't just get rid of Kon-El like that. They call them the Four Supermen for a reason.

I don't see why it would be a problem to have Connor be Superboy. Just have him BE the former Superboy.

Btw, maybe its just me, but I would love to see a story where Kon-El finally becomes Superman and Jon is Superboy - think Batman (Dick) and Robin (Damian).

I think at some point (AC #1000?), we're gonna find out that Dr. Manhattan eliminated Kon-El/Conner from everybody's memories for some reason. Its why Supes is trying to make sure he knows everything.
    There has seriously been no evidence of it so far though. In fact there has been far more evidence for their not being a Kon-El than there actually being one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I still think there's a plan for him. I believe that for the most part, what we were told in these past two issues is what is canon, period, and won't be changing. Not in Action #1000 nor anytime soon. This is the history until the natural course of time begins to feed into retconning (which should be at least 5 years before they start messing around with things again) But all this issue implied was that Conner was not a part of The Reign of the Supermen. What it didn't do though is make his existence impossible. So IMO, the door is still open for him to be one of if not THE inconsistency Superman has a nagging feeling about even though he can't find it, or he could be just completely started over from scratch in the present day.
    The problem with this tho is Reign Of The Supermen did an incredible amount to establish that character and he grew from there. We don't want another watered down version of Kon-El. We want the genuine article and it will be seriously hard to stomach anything but the genuine article with his full history intact. Hopefully he is just lost in the Speed Force or he is being held in Oz's prison or something. If not then just keep him out of the books all together. No more half measures.

Quote Originally Posted by AntoKent17 View Post
    Unfortunately, there's NO plan for him. Not now. Not in the near future.

Dc guys think they dragged a lot of new (young) readers with Jon as Superboy and they don't want to confuse them with the insertion of another Superboy.

Of course, that was all DiDio.

Even the Kents are dead because of the continuity problems they thought he could generate with the grandparents.

TWO HUGE MISTAKES IN MY OPINION.
    Whoa. Even with Young Justice season 3 coming out? Still no plans?

Amazing Member

He's one of Johns' favourite characters and he said he didn't like the new 52 version, so he probably just took that version out so they could make something better later. With Tim missing it wouldn't surprise me if they use that subplot to launch Young Justice with Conner and Bart to coincide with the new cartoon series.

You're definitely jumping to conclusions anyway.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Whoa. Even with Young Justice season 3 coming out? Still no plans?
    NOPE.

Guys we have to accept that. Even though it's a huge mistake, along with Ma and pa being dead long before Clark donned the costume.

CONNOR? Is not Conner Kent?

This statement can not be made until the end of rebirth.. Or within 1 year.. He should appear before the end of rebirth.
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-27-2017 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    He's one of Johns' favourite characters and he said he didn't like the new 52 version, so he probably just took that version out so they could make something better later. With Tim missing it wouldn't surprise me if they use that subplot to launch Young Justice with Conner and Bart to coincide with the new cartoon series.

You're definitely jumping to conclusions anyway.
    I wish people would stop spouting lines about character's being someone's favourite. How naive can you be? at some point you people need to realise that being someone's favourite doesn't count for anything since Johns doesn't own DC and has to answer to other not fuel his desires.

I don't think the door is closed for Kon esp not with YJ coming back. He isn't gonna be Superboy that's for sure but he's coming back. DC is a business and Kon is valuable IP so don't see them getting rid of him just like that even with Jon's popularity. Heck Tim Drake manages to linger on despite Damian and Duke making him redundant.

I have no worries for Kon.

Maybe he should return as SuperDude?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Maybe he should return as SuperDude?
    Poor fellow...retconned by his own water bottle...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I wish people would stop spouting lines about character's being someone's favourite. How naive can you be? at some point you people need to realise that being someone's favourite doesn't count for anything since Johns doesn't own DC and has to answer to other not fuel his desires.

I don't think the door is closed for Kon esp not with YJ coming back. He isn't gonna be Superboy that's for sure but he's coming back. DC is a business and Kon is valuable IP so don't see them getting rid of him just like that even with Jon's popularity. Heck Tim Drake manages to linger on despite Damian and Duke making him redundant.

I have no worries for Kon.
    Johns might not control whether or not Conner gets to be a part of the DCU, but he's clearly in control of the rebirth plot and will influence how he gets integrated in. Cutting him out of the death of Superman scene was clearly done in favour of another story somewhere else. You're really splitting hairs here dude.

I was thinking about this the other day and it occurred to me that there is no way that the whole Death/Funeral/Return storyline could happen as we remember it anyway in that it only works in the context of the post-Crisis continuity. Things like the Matrix Supergirl, the birthing matrix, Lex faking his death and pretending to be his own son, all are necessary components of that story. Even Clark having been a Superboy as a youth messes up that story in that the whole reason Lois figured out the cyborg was lying was because Clark WASN'T one when he was younger. So I don't necessarily see Conner needing to be connected to Superman's death in order to work.
    Jokerize those fries!