Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Because of Johns' influence the Lex/Superman hybrid thing will never go away, but it should. With Jon around, more than ever Conner needs to have the uniqueness he had when he was first created back. Bring Paul Westfield back, make him a legitimate threat and villain, and return things so that Conner is genetically his clone and just grown to look like Superman and mimic some of his powers. It was always the superior origin. There was no big name secret behind who he was a clone of but there didn't have to be. He didn't need the shock value because his character was quite original to the Super mythos and he flourished because of that. Johns forced in a shock value reveal then basically turned Conner into young Clark with the "edge" of being afraid that evil was in his genes. Its dumbfounding how generic he became. Rebirth would be the perfect time to jettison all of that. But for that to happen someone would have to convince Johns his changes weren't good.
    VERY MUCH THIS

It was the worst thing to happen to the character.

The "synthetic/reverse-engineered kryptonian" idea is quite original, and uses elements of the DC Universe fantastically. He has own similar yet unique power-set, his own supporting cast, mileau, villains, etc.

Human/Kryptonian hybrid is now more of a Jon thing, which is great. New Super-Man is a human altered with powers, and his mileau is quite similar yet opposite that of Kon.

They should also give him a decent costume. The whole "jeans and a S-symbol t-shirt" look is generic and uncreative. Perhaps give him the super-armor, and have it change to something less armor-ish and a bit more casual? Also bring back the glasses, they were really stylin'. Maybe make the more futuristic - think "Google Glasses, but from Krypton".

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Folks arguing here about Jon and Kon and I'm just sitting here like

*throws a flower into the air* For Cir-El
    Just bring Cir as Jon's younger sister... from the future. Who shows up around now and then while being tight-lipped about the future in order not to change the timeline. Extra bonus points if she is actually older than Jon, which she uses to lord over him, leading him to lord over her in the future she is from - Time-Loop Sibling Rivalry lol.

(also the classic "time-traveller holding his/her own baby self" image)

C'mon Lois, time to give Jon a sibling...

Also someone should have really fixed the wrong name - kryptonian females have their fathers or husbands' names, so she should be called Cir Kal-El. It also sounds better.

Like this

Reverse engineering kryptonian DNA is the perfect explanation,you could say the fact that they used human DNA and that they didn't get everything right mutated the clone
    #BRINGBACKKON

-Don't mess with the "S"

-kon is the human facsimile of superman

-kon-el is the human Superman,made by humans,for humanity

Kon-el appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....l-Appreciation!
    Young Justice (comic and TV) appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....c-and-tv-show)

My idea requires Tim to be back first. He'd escape with the help of Bart, who Oz would have taken from the Future because he planned to come to the present to meddle with history. The real Bart, not Bar torr. Tim has his memories of Bar torr, but Bart doesn't remember Tim because he hasn't met him yet. But they bond while escaping, and upon return to the present day Tim realizes "NOONE REMEMBERS CONNER" his pre Reborn memories, and post memories are starting to fight each other. But he tries convincing anyone who will listen that there is another Superboy. Him, and Bart track down Cassie, and with enough pleading he convinces her to help him find what happened to Kon.
    They raid all kinds of files they can for mentions of genetics projects associated with mentions of kryptonians, or Superman. They discover the cloning facility that was ran by Lex where Bizarro was made (see Red Hood and the Outlaws) and though it's closed, they somehow track where some of the machinery and samples ended up under secret direction of Luthor. Which would be Cadmus. They arrive at Cadmus and discover Kon in a stasis pod. The first and only successful clone of Superman, reverse engineered. The only one not to become a Bizarro. Tim reads all this from the files he finds in the lab computers. It may not be the exact person Tim remembers but they still decides it's the right thing to do to free him. Upon release, and contact, Tim's memories of new 52 Kon fade, and now their friendship can star over again. They flee, and the whole experience can be fairly reminiscent of the YJ pilot episode, but with Rebirth madness thrown in. They would take him to meet Superman, and there he can be given his kryptonian name and his human name but when called Superboy he tells them that the title belongs to Jon.

This is how I'd want it done I think
    "Beware my Power..."

"I'M THE G#&-&@√ BATMAN" - Batman

"The best bottle of single-malt I've ever tasted was uncorked by someone trying to sell me Loch Ness Monster pups..." - John Constantine

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post

Like this

Reverse engineering kryptonian DNA is the perfect explanation,you could say the fact that they used human DNA and that they didn't get everything right mutated the clone
    Maybe if you throw in a jacket

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Maybe if you throw in a jacket
    Here,let my friend point the perfect jacket out for you.
    #BRINGBACKKON

-Don't mess with the "S"

-kon is the human facsimile of superman

-kon-el is the human Superman,made by humans,for humanity

Kon-el appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....l-Appreciation!
    Young Justice (comic and TV) appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....c-and-tv-show)

Spectacular Member

Like this

Reverse engineering kryptonian DNA is the perfect explanation, you could say the fact that they used human DNA and that they didn't get everything right mutated the clone
    Seeing Conner as N52 Superman seems so right to me now. You can easily read him back into many N52 stories.

The current Superman is pretty much all pre-FP in most respects so that the bizarre merging is non-existent and really makes no sense. There is no gestalt. I am hoping that Conner breaks free of the forced merging by 'whatever power that be' and re-asserts/frees himself.

We can embrace two Supermen. Just call him Superion, Superbro, or just Conner. Heck, give him a Blue Lantern ring and have him do good things on Earth and in the DCU. He deserves better and still can be a great character.
    Last edited by cxranger; 05-15-2017 at 01:09 PM.

It doesn't surprise me especially with his title now taken

Here,let my friend point the perfect jacket out for you.
    And that was the issue that made me a DC fan.

I doubt Conner is gone. His exclusion from the flashback panels is too glaringly obvious. I expect one of two things to happen; either they'll introduce a new Conner, fresh out of the tube, or they'll put the entire Young Justice generation back in continuity during the big Rebirth showdown, and Conner's place in history (as well as Bart's and Cassie's) will be returned then.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

Discipline = Freedom.

Invincible: The greatest superhero comic in the universe!

BANNED

It would make for an interesting twist if Mr.Oz turns out to be Conner.

thanks Last Son of Krypton! I wasn't planning on sleeping anyway.
    you know, I never realized that Clark's track record for sidekicks isn't all that much better than Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Thats Manhattan talking to Supes aint it?

Astonishing Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    thanks Last Son of Krypton! I wasn't planning on sleeping anyway.
    you know, I never realized that Clark's track record for sidekicks isn't all that much better than Bruce
    At least Bruce's sidekicks doesn't get erased from existence by every reboot/relaunch.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-22-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Astonishing Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Thats Manhattan talking to Supes aint it?
    Yep, who made it used the tags "Dr. Manhattan" and "Doomsday Clock".
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-22-2017 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yep, who made it used the tags "Dr. Manhattan" and "Doomsday Clock".
    I miss Chris...will he ever be back?

Also this:
    Suprebros.jpg
    From the same artist.