Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Abnett Heads Back to the Future with "Guardians 3000"

Dan Abnett discusses the October-launching "Guardians 3000," taking the original incarnation of the Guardians of the Galaxy back to their far future roots.

Full article here.

This should be good stuff!

Huh, still no Nikki. In a universe where everyone and their dog has a ray-gun, you'd think there'd be some call for a woman who is immune to blasters (and radiation, fire and lightning), super-acrobatic, has super-senses, and is a crack shot with her own energy pistol(s). Even more so than a big strong guy or a dude with a bow...

That was a great interview and I am most certainly excited.

I hope people don't overlook this book because it is set in the future/deemed unimportant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Huh, still no Nikki. In a universe where everyone and their dog has a ray-gun, you'd think there'd be some call for a woman who is immune to blasters (and radiation, fire and lightning), super-acrobatic, has super-senses, and is a crack shot with her own energy pistol(s). Even more so than a big strong guy or a dude with a bow...
    Yeah I'm annoyed there is still no Nikki mention either. Last I heard she wasn't dead so she should be around.

Another ting I'm wondering: In "Marvel continuity time" it's been about 5-6 years since the stories of the mid-'90s (Onslaught, Clone Saga, etc.) in the modern set comics ... I wonder if Guardians 3000 begins 5-6 years after the end of the '90s GotG series or picks up shortly thereafter. Since it's set in the future, it could go either way.

It is a little disheartening that not only is she (apparently) not going to be in the book, she's not even mentioned in any of the interviews. She was the fifth member introduced in 1976 and has been a mainstay with the group ever since. Hopefully Abnett will provide a decent reason for her not being there and will just not ignore her.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    It is a little disheartening that not only is she (apparently) not going to be in the book, she's not even mentioned in any of the interviews. She was the fifth member introduced in 1976 and has been a mainstay with the group ever since. Hopefully Abnett will provide a decent reason for her not being there and will just not ignore her.
    How do you know she's not going to be in it? He specifically talks about his plans to include more female characters to counterbalance the male centric original team. I'm pretty confident he's aware of Nikki, but he's not going to spoil which characters will appear and when. Let's wait and see.

If they do bring in Nikki they'll have me hooked. The art looks great and she'd be a fantastic visual with the flaming hair. Not to mention she could be the perfect strong female.

Gerardo Sandoval's art looks a lot like Joe Madureira.
    ☆*・゜゚・* Carnage sucks *・゜゚・*☆

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Gerardo Sandoval's art looks a lot like Joe Madureira.
    seriously the resemblance is uncanny... I'll probably buy this book for the art alone

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    They mentioned there would be several female characters - they just did not say who.

Quote Originally Posted by xavkoenig View Post
    How do you know she's not going to be in it? He specifically talks about his plans to include more female characters to counterbalance the male centric original team. I'm pretty confident he's aware of Nikki, but he's not going to spoil which characters will appear and when. Let's wait and see.
    Weird that THIS is the post that gets me to re-register and comment. Funny how things work.

My first reaction upon reading this was "Why in the world isn't he mentioning Nikki?" Especially given that he mentions the lack of female characters I mean, for me, (born a little after 1976 when she joined) there has always been at least 1 (later 2) female Guardian. It seems very strange not to even mention her name. Why would it be a surprise? Why wouldn't she be on the cover? Starhawk is there and he wasn't a founding member (I think he popped up like 4 issues before her), IIRC. It's not like they are banking on this appealing only to original readers from the 70s who like, hated Nikki or something, are they?

I hope you're right, and she's there because NOT having her there (again, especially after having mentioned the lack of females) would disappoint me.

I so want to get this.

Just reminds me I need to get caught up DnA's last run.

Legion and Guardians both showed how talented they are at sci-fi superheroes.

It was a shame Hypernaturals didn't take off. Of course, I lost interest in it when I found out it wasn't creator-owned. I was thinking it was.

This is going to be amazing. Nikki will be in the book. I have no doubt. Between this and Starlin working on Thanos I am in heaven!!

CBB Killah Beez..

Dan Abnett!! im in!! Especially if it's the originals. HIs WH40K novels are the best they have in the Black Library!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...