Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Empire

The "snakemen" are members of the Serpent Society, longtime Cap foes.

Yeah, this is quite the cliffhanger, in that it could go any number of ways.

I posted a few weeks back that the 'real' Steve--and his timeline--could be folded away in spacetime somewhere, and he'd somehow find a way into this current reality. But then, this could also be--as Kintor brilliantly theorized--a dream sequence (the girl seemed to be glowing a bit--was she supposed to be a representation of 'hope'?). This could be (ugggh) Ultimate Cap. It could even be the Grand Director, who, unless I missed something, is still wandering around out there. Assuming he's still around the guy is far too nutty and Cap-fanatical to just sit by and feed the pigeons as all this is happening.

I dunno, it's interesting.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Astonishing Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Which Serpent Society members were in the book?
    Stop complaining and start dancing

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    You telling me a Marvel creative might have lied about the truth of their comic to keep their year long thematically incoherent, only mildly compelling mega-narrative in tact?

huh
    I've never exactly gotten over Brubaker giving all those interviews about Steve being dead, and then just doing that "omega beam" story where Steve never died at all.

But this sounds very interesting, more thought out.

Fantastic Member

My personal guess which will probably be wrong is based off the art it seems like those last few pages had almost a dream sequence feel to it and the true battle will take place in his psyche

Fantastic Member

Also now that I've read it again, Rick mentions he hacked in to top level clearance database and learned about cap. If reality has truly been changed even if it was just caps reality how would anyone else know this. Skull is out of the picture and not part of hydra and kobik is not there. They have zero reason to know this or for there to even be a file. I hope I'm wrong but this seems like a bit a plot hole just used to progress the plot.

I'm also behind the theory that the scene takes place in Hydra Caps mind, as Hydra Cap referring to the real Cap as a separate person inside of him in Civil War II: The Oath.

Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 9.09.58 AM.jpg

I know this might seem like a repeat of how Superior Spider-Man concluded, but I prefer it to Cap just being restored by the Kobik.

EDIT: ..aaaand issue 10 of Secret Empire was just announced as if it was the plan the whole time... I'm enjoying the event, but adding issues always gives me the impression that don't have story fully mapped out yet, which only shakes my confidence in it.
    Last edited by SlimeBeherit; 05-17-2017 at 09:22 AM.

Cap's mind was formatted, and the "original Steve" has been partitioned on the hard drive?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

I'm enjoying this book very much so far, but the #2 twist does make this event feel a lot more conventional.
    Currently enjoying:
    Daredevil ~ Incredible Hulk ~ Old Man Logan

Currently anticipating:
    Avengers: No Surrender ~ Two-In-One

Could be... than
    spoilers:
    this other Stev Rogers is really the time traveler Steve from the death of Capsince the first civil war?
    end of spoilers
    I don't know. Is just a speculation.
    “When you're arguing with a fool, make sure he isn't doing the same thing.”

There is now going to be a tenth issue to Secret Empire.

Two thoughts :
    1 - Awesome cover.
    2 - No non on no no nono. MARVEL WHY ARE YOU STILL DOING THAT AFTER SECRET WARS AND CIVIL WARS ??

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post

Two thoughts :
    1 - Awesome cover.
    2 - No non on no no nono. MARVEL WHY ARE YOU STILL DOING THAT AFTER SECRET WARS AND CIVIL WARS ??
    At least Marvel is consistent on that front .

That Hydra armor actually looks pretty good, though I can imagine Steve (once he comes back) will go back to the classic to get away from that kind of image.

Interesting to note that the Hulk on that cover looks more like Bruce then Amadeus.

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post

Two thoughts :
    1 - Awesome cover.
    So, this new 10th issue should hit about...November let's say? Given the Marvel event pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    So, this new 10th issue should hit about...November let's say? Given the Marvel event pattern.
    And by then we'll probably already be into Legacy or know pretty much what will happen by the end of this event .

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    given the Marvel event pattern it is going to be released the last week of December

But (bad) joke aside, it should be early September if the rotating artist strategy works (one issue every two weeks).

April : #0
    May : #1, #FCBD, #2, #3
    June : #4 #5
    July : #6 #7
    August : #8 #9
    September : #10