Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Empire

they said that issue 4 would be when they start revealing what, exactly, happened to Wanda and Vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

Bought the first two TPBs of Steve Rogers: Captain America and have been catching up. Can't believe I had missed out for so long.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 05-15-2017 at 08:06 PM.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    they said that issue 4 would be when they start revealing what, exactly, happened to Wanda and Vision.
    It's obvious what happened. They got brainwashed. The question is who by and how.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's obvious what happened. They got brainwashed. The question is who by and how.
    According to spencer the truth about how and vision, and wanda and odinson became loyal to Steve and hydra will be revealed slowly in the main story we'll be shown the reasons why will most likely be given to us in issues four and six as will how Steve became worthy to lift the hammer despite betraying his friends and leaving them to die.

I think bervoort even mentioned how some clues to why they're loyal to Steve and hydra will be shown in some tie ins particularly deadpool for example who we know joined Steve and hydra willingly.

I'm assuming someone within hydra was able to hack into vision and Wanda is being possessed but by who? And odinson is a real mystery honestly.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 05-15-2017 at 08:45 PM.

Mighty Member

Hydra has the Darkhold in its possession and I think they found a spell in it with which to control Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    According to spencer the truth about how and vision, and wanda and odinson became loyal to Steve and hydra will be revealed slowly in the main story we'll be shown the reasons why will most likely be given to us in issues four and six as will how Steve became worthy to lift the hammer despite betraying his friends and leaving them to die.

I think bervoort even mentioned how some clues to why they're loyal to Steve and hydra will be shown in some tie ins particularly deadpool for example who we know joined Steve and hydra willingly.

I'm assuming someone within hydra was able to hack into vision and Wanda is being possessed but by who? And odinson is a real mystery honestly.
    I do think this is being over thought. The Avengers team are shown dealing with a treat. The only divergence from Avengers methodology is killing a monster. A rather presumptuous monster at that. It isn't as if Steve is having the Avengers attack civilians. Again a lot of this is going to come down to who knows what and how information is being controlled. We also have no idea how Thor's story pans out in her own book, but if it goes the way I expect she may not be acting out of character at all.

Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar

So I read the FCBD and issue #1 having not read any of the issues leading up to it and it felt surreal.
    I did't like it enough to buy the single issues for the rest of the story. But I admit I'll likely buy the eventual trade if for no other reason than to see if my hunch is right about the fix to this. Cosmic Cube.
    I literally felt like Ophelia/AIDA was going to show up in some panel cause this felt as fake as that AoS storyline to wrap Season 4.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So I read the FCBD and issue #1 having not read any of the issues leading up to it and it felt surreal.
    I did't like it enough to buy the single issues for the rest of the story. But I admit I'll likely buy the eventual trade if for no other reason than to see if my hunch is right about the fix to this. Cosmic Cube.
    I literally felt like Ophelia/AIDA was going to show up in some panel cause this felt as fake as that AoS storyline to wrap Season 4.
    I'm glad someone else said it. The Framework arc in Agents Of SHIELD right now very much feels like a hybrid between Avengers Standoff and Secret Empire, and I wonder how much of that was intentional.
    Current Reading List: Sonic The Hedgehog, Sonic Universe, Spider-Gwen, Unbelievable Gwenpool, Hawkeye, Hulk, U.S.Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, Secret Empire, Secret Warriors, I Am Groot
    DC: Green Lanterns, Batgirl, Batman, Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Hydra has the Darkhold in its possession and I think they found a spell in it with which to control Wanda.
    that was my thinking. they couldn't have possibly shown it in zemo's possession solely to explain Blackout's re-emergence. the new 'cabal' is already steeped in the occult; with Hive and Madame Hydra. as for Vision, i'm almost expecting something Ultron-related. he graces one of the covers. and Ultron did give us Vision (as a short-term villain, even). i'm interested to read the explanation, for myself; though.
    11/10/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Please don't spoil things that are still airing in other countries! Like mine for example.

Ultimate Member

The ending of #2 has leaked - big plot twist!
    http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...-spoilers.html

spoilers:
    Well, well, well.... apparently HydraCap is an imposter!
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    So much for spoilers:
    Spencer et al's insistence that that wasn't the case. Weak.
    end of spoilers
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    So much for spoilers:
    Spencer et al's insistence that that wasn't the case. Weak.
    end of spoilers
    when did he insist that?
    11/10/2016

Regarding that spoiler... man, this feels cheap. Like he was getting so much heat that he had to come up with something to make people get off his case. We'll see how it plays out though. Still. Not really feeling this.
    Marvel Pull - Amazing Spider-Man, Astonishing X-Men, Avengers, Captain America, The Mighty Thor, The Uncanny Avengers, X-Men: Blue, X-Men: Gold

DC Pull - Action Comics, Green Lanterns, Hal Jordan and the GLC, Superman

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    That lends to my comments on the subject. I have noted something similar myself. But we'll have to see how this pans out. It doesn't seem possible that spoilers:
    there could be two Steve Rogers. Why would Kobik just split them in half like that? I was more aiming for the Steve Rogers who is Hydra Cap is another identity because he was changed into a not-Steve-Rogers.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by jackolover; 05-16-2017 at 07:46 PM.