Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The ending of #2 has leaked - big plot twist!
    http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...-spoilers.html

spoilers:
    Well, well, well.... apparently HydraCap is an imposter!
    end of spoilers
    Wow. Now that's disappointing. And he called changing things back to normal with the cube a weak solution? Lmao.

Fantastic Member

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, this is superior all over again.

Fantastic Member

Regarding the spoiler they only said it was Steve Rogers people tend to forget they have two of them, you know who I mean...51t8awsHodL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    Last edited by Mr Reader; 05-16-2017 at 07:57 PM.

Fantastic Member

edit........................
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mr Reader; 05-16-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The ending of #2 has leaked - big plot twist!
    http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...-spoilers.html

spoilers:
    Well, well, well.... apparently HydraCap is an imposter!
    end of spoilers
    Wow, what a suprise :/

Man what the heck has happened to Marvel? It's like they have no idea what they want to do with their stories, no set plan

contrast that to DC ever since Rebirth, where they have been making good decision after good decision

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    when did he insist that?
    In, like, every interview he gave right around the time Cap #1 was released. Various comments to the effect of "This is the real Steve, its not a clone, it's not brainwashing, not a Skrull, etc etc, it's the real Steve, no tricks."
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Reader View Post
    Regarding the spoiler they only said it was Steve Rogers people tend to forget they have two of them, you know who I mean...51t8awsHodL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    You mean Ultimate Cap?

you felt that the writers betrayed the concept of Captain America by making him Hydra affiliated. so what are you complaining about?
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    In, like, every interview he gave right around the time Cap #1 was released. Various comments to the effect of "This is the real Steve, its not a clone, it's not brainwashing, not a Skrull, etc etc, it's the real Steve, no tricks."
    you might want to read the story for yourself. "real" can mean a number of things in a fictional universe, like this. for instance, is the axe that Thor is wielding real?
    11/10/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, this is superior all over again.
    Superior Spider-man? how is it anything like that?
    11/10/2016

Fantastic Member

I think it's quite possible we haven't seen the genuine article since this issue portrait_incredible.jpg

Ultimate Member

Since at some point during the Dimension Z arc anyhow. This would also mean that Sam Wilson's role as Cap is illegitimate, as it wasn't actually Steve who gave him the shield.

you might want to read the story for yourself. "real" can mean a number of things in a fictional universe, like this. for instance, is the axe that Thor is wielding real?
    Excuse you. I have read it.

Superior Spider-man? how is it anything like that?
    In the sense that Slott said pretty much the exact same things about SpOck that Spencer did about Hydra!Cap: that SpOck was permanent, yada yada, while apparently lying through his teeth about it. In essence, that the change(s) would be meaningful and lasting. I don't have a problem with the lying part in either case, but the refusal to commit to the ideas after bringing them up.
    Last edited by Caivu; 05-17-2017 at 12:59 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I've read the entirety of issue #2, via ComiXology. I'm not entirely sure things are as clear as they seem from that leak alone.

That spoiler image is part of a larger multipage sequence - which honestly felt more like a dream then reality:

spoilers:
    It starts with a blond haired girl (that I don't recognise) being chased by three snakemen in a moonlit forest. Yes, you read that correctly, snakemen. These aren't normal Hydra soldiers but half-man/half-snake creatures. I'm pretty sure that one of these creatures also had the face of Steve Rogers but it was a distance shot and it's hard to tell. Then a shadowy being emerged from the darkness to defeat the snakemen and save the girl. Only then does the shadow take form and reveal itself to be 'Steve Rogers' in WW2 GI gear.
    end of spoilers

My interpretation of this event is that we could be looking at some kind of metaphor for Steve Roger's psyche. That there's still only one Steve Rogers running around but now, somewhere inside his mind, there's the classic Captain America persona gaining strength. Of course, that's just speculation on my part. This sequence was deliberately designed to be misleading. Only future issues will clarify the key details.

BANNED

You telling me a Marvel creative might have lied about the truth of their comic to keep their year long thematically incoherent, only mildly compelling mega-narrative in tact?

huh