Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Empire

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    well I mean, I think his art worked great for the part of the story that focused on what was going on in the darkforce. His art style works well there, especially the image of dagger lighting the city from atop the cathedral. I think they should have swapped artists like they did back with Angela when they had different artists cover the different "elements" and it would have felt much better. He could have done the darkforce, Dauterman could have handled the rest. It would have highlighted the other-worldy nature of the darkforce and would have been just fine.

EDIT: reference snippet. The full page flows from light to dark with each panel, the black and whites use the color well. This is the kind of "moody" work that makes Sorrentino shine.

Attachment 49577
    ok, that sounds right.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

I liked Malin's Zemo. I prefer the character with brown hair. http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/up...Spoilers-3.jpg
    11/10/2016

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    I love Sorentino (sp?) work but it needs to be in the right context. He's perfect for OML, he's all wrong for this. I think this is one of those "wrong tools for the job" scenario.
    Bad news for you then. #5 will now be drawn by Sorrentino instead of Yu.
    http://www.newsarama.com/34556-secre...s-artists.html

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Darn. This event is going to die by death of a thousand cuts.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Baaaaaaah!

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Darn. This event is going to die by death of a thousand cuts.
    because you don't like the art?
    11/10/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    because you don't like the art?
    Exactly. The opinion that "Sorrentino is a bad artist" isn't exactly a popular one.

Mighty Member

Is anyone losing faith in Marvel

after this recent "plot twist" in Secret Empire, it just seems like they don't have a steady idea or plan of what they are doing

contrast that with DC and Rebirth which they seem to have had a huge plan in place, and have been knocking it out of the park since the relaunch

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post

after this recent "plot twist" in Secret Empire, it just seems like they don't have a steady idea or plan of what they are doing

contrast that with DC and Rebirth which they seem to have had a huge plan in place, and have been knocking it out of the park since the relaunch
    yeah we're not talking about dc rebirth we're talking about marvels secret empire.

I like judging a story before I finish it.
    "Cra cuervos y te sacarn los ojos."

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

The good thing is with sorrentino replacing yu as the artist for issue five is that it most likely will not get delayed since yu is doing issue four which releases on June 14th and issue five wasn't supposed to release until June 28th so it most likely won't get delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    The good thing is with sorrentino replacing yu as the artist for issue five is that it most likely will not get delayed since yu is doing issue four which releases on June 14th and issue five wasn't supposed to release until June 28th so it most likely won't get delayed.
    I'm fully aware that the only reason we seem to be seeing more Cloak and Dagger is because a series is on the way, but I will say that the last issue has kind of made me want to see a return of the old C&D book with Sorrentino doing the art. Strike the right tone in the book and it could work, heck the light/dark theme is pretty prefect for his art style.

Is Cloak known to fly? I ask because he's seen hovering, watching out over Dagger. I didn't know he could fly, but the shield around Earth is supposed to stop teleportation, so...
    "Cra cuervos y te sacarn los ojos."

Yeah no. Not only is Rebirth irrelevant to this discussion, but it's a plot thread that's taking way too long to develop. I've already lost interest in the whole "Watchmen" twist. I'll pick DC back up. When Impulse, Tim Drake, Superboy, and Static are relevant again.

Astonishing Member

As others have said, no.

The twist in #2 is part of the story Spencer has been telling all along. There is a "steady idea" and a "plan of what they are doing." I don't know how a plot twist that has yet to be expanded on would cause anyone to think otherwise.

As far as Rebirth goes, based on the events of The Button, I see a lot of non-answers and narrative stalling - not any evidence of a "huge plan" in place. But as others have said, we're talking about SE, not Rebirth.