Page 135 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138 LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2069

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Actually, Eclipse is from Colombia.

http://ew.com/tv/the-gifted-fox-char...pse-sean-teale
    That page refuses to be open. Well damn, his is South American then. I had read something completely different:

https://www.themarysue.com/youre-killing-me-the-gifted/
    Last edited by Graconius; 10-11-2017 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Spelling

The Struckers aren't the only ones with potential comic-book connections. Eclipse, a mutant helping to organize the Underground Railroad-type movement ushering mutants to safety away from Sentinel Services and who's able to manipulate photons and light, may also have deeper roots in the comics' mythology. "Somewhere down the line," Teale teases, "there may be a familial connection to a character from the comics."
    But at the top of the series, even Eclipse doesn't fully understand his history. "He’s a boy that at a very young age is kicked out of the home," Teale explains. "He was from a wealthy family but was forced to live in a cardboard box in Colombia, and to survive, he had to do a lot of things he isn’t proud of... He’s searching for family, he’s searching for a place to belong and for the right to be a mutant. It’s quite hard to find that. He’s trying to do what’s right." That's not easy to do, because...

My tandem of Mutant MUSES Heroine Addict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Daken would be a perfect addition to the show? I imagine him in an adversarial role and could show up only every now and then so he doesn't overstay his welcome. He could be anything from a druglord (Maybe they introduce MGH into the show) to a really well connected guy that the underground needs something from at some point (Transportation? Concealment?).

I'd just love to see this hyper-suave, hyper-sexualized (he's bi and blatantly uses sexuality and sensuality as tools to get whatever it is he wants), power-hungry son of Wolverine get on-screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    ... I think he could be an awesome villain. His powerset might be relatively low-budget too possibly? Not sure how much bone claws cost to replicate on screen, but his pheromones should be easy.

The only problem I see is Fox/Marvel being stingy about letting the show have anything they might want to use in a future Wolverine film. It's why we're not getting any of the major x-men characters. :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Daken could be a LOAD of fun, but I'd hope they introduce a version of X-23 as well. I'd love to see their relationship on-screen, and it's highly unlikely we'll get him in the film-verse.
    LOL! Only because just the other night, I began to muse how long it would be, before we got the eventual, INEVITABLE appearance... from one of Wolverine's pack. Or more aptly, in this case, one of his... litter, lulz. ;p

Seriously tho, Northstar & Aurora, Daken & Laura, them & more, ALL would be fun, and GREAT! There's also been mention/wild speculation, that OT cast could indeed actually show up at some point too, under/given the right circumstances.

Likely suspects usually include Rogue/Paquin (for obvious reasons), Cyke/Marsden, Iceman/Ashmore, & Kitty/Page, and I've even seen Janssen's Jean talked about recently. Never say never, I would say, 'cause things can change. We've seen no X gravestones, or Brotherhood bodies, yet. And maybe the cast knows somethin', we don't:

Nerdist.com, THE GIFTED Stars Reveals Which X-MEN Character Cameos They Want On the Show

... the cast members have some ideas on how the Fox drama can get even better from here: cameos from all their favorite X-Men movie stars.

“I’ve gotten asked this question and I know it immediately,” Lind told Nerdist on the set of The Gifted in Atlanta of who she wants to see appear this season. “Storm… She’s my favorite X-Men, I’m a huge Halle Berry fan. I love her power, I think it’s so cool.”

And she wasn’t the only one dying to see an original X-Men movie star, as Sean Teale, who plays Eclipse, giddily replied, “Who doesn’t want to work with Sir Patrick Stewart?”

“I think that would be excellent,” Blair Redford, who plays John Proudstar a.k.a. Thunderbird, agreed, as Teale then went on to list off Magneto (Ian McKellen) as his dream pick. Just think of the family drama that could bring if Magneto popped up on The Gifted to educate Polaris on her powerful mutant legacy!

Watch the video above to find out what other X-Men characters The Gifted cast wants to see make cameos this season... Nothing is off limits!
    And I agree:
    RULE almost...

... NO ONE OUT!!!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 10-11-2017 at 05:36 PM.
    My TOP 2 X-Faves+
    PolarisDazzler
    BlinkFrenzyCeCe ReyesDani MOONSTAR Jean Grey/PhoeniX

THE GiFTED 💚 NewMUTANTS 💙 X-Men:D.P
    X-Men:BLUE ♦ PhoeniX RESURRECTION
    😍

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    LOL! Only because just the other night, I began to muse how long it would be, before we got the eventual, INEVITABLE appearance... from one of Wolverine's pack. Or more aptly, in this case, one of his... litter, lulz. ;p

Seriously tho, Northstar & Aurora, Daken & Laura, them & more, ALL would be fun, and GREAT! There's also been mention/wild speculation, that OT cast could indeed actually show up at some point too, under/given the right circumstances.

Likely suspects usually include Rogue/Paquin (for obvious reasons), Cyke/Marsden, Iceman/Ashmore, & Kitty/Page, and I've even seen Janssen's Jean talked about recently. Never say never, I would say, 'cause things can change. We've seen no X gravestones, or Brotherhood bodies, yet. And maybe the cast knows somethin', we don't

And I agree:

... NO ONE OUT!!![/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
    Interesting list. I never really noticed how many of the old X-Men actors have moved to the silver screen. Rogue (Anna), Storm (Halle), and even Jean! Famke was awesome in Hemlock Grove.

But yeah, the video made a good point that Jackman (Wolverine), Patrick (Xavier) or Mckellen (Magneto) all probably would either cost too much and/or aren't interested in reprising their x-men roles atm.

Would love to see any of these guys show up for awhile. Probably be disruptive for the show if they stuck around for every long, but maybe used in the way the Avengers should have been in AoS... as plot pieces for big events and story-lines, that go back to saving the world on a bigger scale once the threat is over. Could even possibly boost ratings significantly for audiences to recognize them from the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Interesting list. I never really noticed how many of the old X-Men actors have moved to the silver screen. Rogue (Anna), Storm (Halle), and even Jean! Famke was awesome in Hemlock Grove.

But yeah, the video made a good point that Jackman (Wolverine), Patrick (Xavier) or Mckellen (Magneto) all probably would either cost too much and/or aren't interested in reprising their x-men roles atm.

Would love to see any of these guys show up for awhile. Probably be disruptive for the show if they stuck around for every long, but maybe used in the way the Avengers should have been in AoS... as plot pieces for big events and story-lines, that go back to saving the world on a bigger scale once the threat is over. Could even possibly boost ratings significantly for audiences to recognize them from the movies.
    It's becoming more and more common for film actors to do TV these days. It's not the place where stars go when their careers are fading, anymore.

And I wouldn't rule out an appearance by Stewart, since he's indicated an interest in appearing on Legion or in Deadpool.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Pull List
    AN Wolverine Deadpool

Spectacular Member

I don't get why their are videos or specs about what characters from the movies as played by the actors from the movies will come to this show. They've already made it clear that this show is its own thing. I for one am tired of hearing about the movies and how this show must be connected to them somehow.

All-New Member

The Gifted" was a gripping and savvy series that carves out its own space in the cluttered comic-book TV landscape.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    I don't get why their are videos or specs about what characters from the movies as played by the actors from the movies will come to this show. They've already made it clear that this show is its own thing. I for one am tired of hearing about the movies and how this show must be connected to them somehow.
    They have not actually made that clear. It's pretty ambiguous. I think it's best to approach all these issues about canon and continuity with a flexible mentality. Not just either literally fits within seamlessly other movies or has absolutely 0 to do with them. It will be in between those poles.
    Chris Claremont, Peter David, Mike Carey, Cullen Bunn = canon. Others = fanfic.

If ya haven't already, PLEASE WATCH for FREE, on Yahoo + Hulu TV:

View.Yahoo.com, The Gifted

View.Yahoo.com, The Gifted 1.01 - eXposed

View.Yahoo.com, The Gifted 1.02 - rX

TVafterDark.com, ‘The Gifted’ Review [102]: “rX”

The mutants' superpowers bring magic to life on-screen, but it's their humanity, their sense of family, that produces a spectacle of a second episode. ...

MOTHER sTRUCKER!!

GREEN IS the New Black!

My TOP 2 X-Faves+
    PolarisDazzler

😍

Fantastic Member

one of my fave scenes of the episode and the overall show to date.
    and lol at Green is the new black good one

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    They have not actually made that clear. It's pretty ambiguous. I think it's best to approach all these issues about canon and continuity with a flexible mentality. Not just either literally fits within seamlessly other movies or has absolutely 0 to do with them. It will be in between those poles.
    It was confirmed though. Gifted is separate just like legion. Meaning gifted can so whatever they want
    Wolverine,Rogue,Gambit,Jubilee top 4 x-men Favorites

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    one of my fave scenes of the episode and the overall show to date.
    and lol at Green is the new black :-D good one
    Same! All Polaris' scenes were X-cellent, and pretty epic!! After Lorna tho, as I've said, I thought T-bird was the most awesome in this ep:

My TOP 2 X-Faves+
    PolarisDazzler

😍

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    It was confirmed though. Gifted is separate just like legion. Meaning gifted can so whatever they want
    It was not confirmed.... and neither was it for Legion... Legion tied directly into the wider X-verse with Xavier's wheelchair and the chalkboard scene straight from the comics and animated cartoon

Again, it's not such an absolute either/or, it can borrow aspects from the movie verse without being 100% within it
    Chris Claremont, Peter David, Mike Carey, Cullen Bunn = canon. Others = fanfic.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    It was not confirmed.... and neither was it for Legion... Legion tied directly into the wider X-verse with Xavier's wheelchair and the chalkboard scene straight from the comics and animated cartoon

Again, it's not such an absolute either/or, it can borrow aspects from the movie verse without being 100% within it
    It was confirmed. This show is its own timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    It was confirmed. This show is its own timeline.
    Really? I thought it was confirmed there WOULD BE ties to the movies.

Forgive my ignorance if that's not accurate.