Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117
Results 1,741 to 1,752 of 1752
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    And they remembered her powers do more than just move metal. We saw her effect electricity as she used her powers. Awesome.
    She seems to be trying to use her eyes to kill the people touching her hair.

Anyway I saw Fox Portugal and Spain were given opening dates and The Gifted billboards are going up in Italy.

Also various Fox affiliates around the US are going to be doing things like holding house parties for the first ep.

http://www.arklatexhomepage.com/news...arty/816119781
    Last edited by jmc247; Yesterday at 06:46 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I know when it comes to films China is a giant market what about for TV? Do ratings in other countries even matter that much for whether FOX will keep Gifted on air?
    Chris Claremont, Peter David, Mike Carey, Cullen Bunn = canon. Others = fanfic.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I know when it comes to films China is a giant market what about for TV? Do ratings in other countries even matter that much for whether FOX will keep Gifted on air?
    International markets around the globe buy licenses to the show from Fox and yes if they sell well bring in loads of cash if tens of millions watch around the world each week. Call it extra cash for the show.

Walking Dead justs keeps doing better in global markets as they mature.

Walking Dead’ Season 7 Debut Up 34% Internationally

High global ratings also means many more X-fans for a new generation to buy merchandise, DVDs and comics around the world.

Astonishing Member

As for pure awareness among adults 18-49 over the course of the last three weeks, here’s how this fall’s broadcast network shows stack up:

“Will & Grace” (NBC) 66.5%
    “Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders” (NBC) 44.7%
    “S.W.A.T.” (CBS) 36.9%
    “Young Sheldon” (CBS) 36.1%
    “Marvel’s Inhumans” (ABC) 36.0%
    “The Good Doctor” (ABC) 33.3%
    “Dynasty” (The CW) 32.3%
    “Me, Myself & I” (CBS) 29.3%
    “The Gifted” (Fox) 28.0%
    “SEAL Team” (CBS) 23.7%
    “The Orville” (Fox) 20.8%
    “Kevin (Probably) Saves the World” (ABC) 19.6%
    “Ghosted” (Fox) 18.5%
    “The Mayor” (ABC) 18.0%
    “The Brave” (NBC) 16.4%
    “Valor” (The CW) 14.5%
    “Wisdom of the Crowd” (CBS) 9.9%
    “Ten Days in The Valley” (ABC) 9.6%
    “9JKL” (CBS) 9.4%

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/09/wil...ss-1201879029/
    In terms of pure public awareness the show exists The Gifted is right now in the middle of the pack. I would feel better with it closer to half the key demographic. Well 8 days to attract attention.
    Last edited by jmc247; Today at 07:59 AM.

Well it is higher than the other two Fox shows, and The Orville looks pretty pricey as well, and the article said that it debuted to strong numbers. I honestly don't think just because people are talking about a show means that its going to do well. Nothing I've seen about the Inhumans has been positive in the slightest, and I can't imagine it doing too well. The Marvel name will do more for it at the start I'm sure, but the content won't keep people sticking around imo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Well it is higher than the other two Fox shows, and The Orville looks pretty pricey as well, and the article said that it debuted to strong numbers. I honestly don't think just because people are talking about a show means that its going to do well. Nothing I've seen about the Inhumans has been positive in the slightest, and I can't imagine it doing too well. The Marvel name will do more for it at the start I'm sure, but the content won't keep people sticking around imo.
    Inhumans may start off with not too bad ratings even after the bad worth of mouth just on the level of publicity before fans change the channel and never look back.

For The Gifted the real question comes down to how many show up for issue 1, because we can bet a large chunk will stay on. Anything over ten million viewers to start is good for the first ep. Below that... well it depends on how far.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Yep not being associated with MCU is a downside. Many people now only think of comic and superhero as Marvel vs DC. Fox is just "bad" to avg person now it seems
    Chris Claremont, Peter David, Mike Carey, Cullen Bunn = canon. Others = fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yep not being associated with MCU is a downside. Many people now only think of comic and superhero as Marvel vs DC. Fox is just "bad" to avg person now it seems
    What?...... The "average person" doesn't even know the difference between Marvel, DC and Fox Marvel productions INCLUDING characters. You have the average viewers who simply tune in to watch anything that catches their eye, you have your core viewers (those who would care or know a thing or two about Marvel and DC shows and the like.) Then you have your hardcore viewers (pretty much you and me, and everyone else on this site) The only people who would know about the Fox/Marvel/DC/Sony? landscape are the hardcore.

I think this show in particular will just be one of those shows that needs to prove itself before jumping to the head of the pack. I know a few people who want to watch Inhuman's simply for the fact that they hear that it is the dark juice found at the bottom of a back alley dumpster, not because it's tied to the MCU. Hell, if i'm being honest, even I want to see Inhuman's for myself as well! I can't resist the temptation to see just now "bad" it really is for myself.
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; Today at 09:49 AM.

There are other factors that can help The Gifted's ratings as well. DVR numbers can help bump things up, as a number of people use this as a tool to watch the show after its original air date because they might not have time when it comes on, and hopefully the international numbers can help The Gifted as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    There are other factors that can help The Gifted's ratings as well. DVR numbers can help bump things up, as a number of people use this as a tool to watch the show after its original air date because they might not have time when it comes on, and hopefully the international numbers can help The Gifted as well.
    What is also really going to help it is when people review and react to episodes online. That will spread the message that the show is legit like wildfire! Granted each episode has to be amazing to keep up momentum. I've got a great feeling about this show. If the show really takes off the way I hope it will, I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel takes a stab at making a similar team/roster in comics.

Astonishing Member

It's important to understand that poll of how many people know about which show was done in late August to mid September so shows that already aired and the Inhumans did on IMAX as have some others are going to have higher numbers of public awareness then they were 8 days from airing like The Gifted currently is.

I do think the show will have to prove itself to a lot of skeptical viewers buried in super heroes shows, but I look at it this way about a third of 18-49 year olds know about the show and that number will rise over the next two weeks. But, how many show up for ep one and the level of word of mouth response after the first two episodes is unknowable.

What is also really going to help it is when people review and react to episodes online. That will spread the message that the show is legit like wildfire! Granted each episode has to be amazing to keep up momentum. I've got a great feeling about this show. If the show really takes off the way I hope it will, I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel takes a stab at making a similar team/roster in comics.
    Word of mouth definitely comes into play in a much more significant way after October 2nd.
    Last edited by jmc247; Today at 10:02 AM.

Happy for you Polaris fans! This really seems like its going to be a great show for her!

I hope I love it. I have had a hard time getting into superhero TV shows.
    Defenders | Hawkeye | The Mighty Thor | Generation X | Invincible Iron Man | Ms. Marvel | Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man
    Deadly Class | Descender | Extremity | Harrow County | Sisters of Sorrow | Wytches