Page 214 of 214 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214
Results 3,196 to 3,209 of 3209
    My tandem of Mutant MUSES Heroine Addict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    I just took the Brotherhood comment to be Esme's manipulation. She hasnt mentioned the HFC to anyone but Lorna and Andy. Also the HFC was founded before the Brotherhood.
    Good point.

But with Mags being a leader of both, basically, don't see how they couldn't be connected... in some way(s). Taking First Class into consideration, and what lil' of Gifted HFC history has been shown/made known, I'm of the idea that when it crumbled more or less... Mags & his BH moved in to seize control, and take over, per his/their usual style. They were probably pretty desperate, and just went along with it, not offering much resistance.

The BH is 'confrontational', and works from the outside as the 'face' of the Resistance, bold & brash that they are. The HFC, are 'behind-the-scenes' master manipulators, and try to coordinate things in Mutants' favor from the inside... within the 'system', as it were. Both organizations likely have loosely affiliated INOs (in name only) rogue elements, who make the claim, but aren't eXactly/necessarily 'official'. Such could be the case, with the group Clarice got involved & had a run-in, with.

This is all just speculation on my part, tho, not sayin' any of it is true.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-18-2018 at 07:50 AM.
    My TOP 2 X-Faves+
    PolarisDazzler
    BlinkFrenzyCeCe ReyesDani MOONSTAR Jean Grey/PhoeniX

THE GiFTED 💚 NewMUTANTS 💙 X-Men:D.P
    X-Men:BLUE ♦ PhoeniX RESURRECTION
    😍

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I've been laboring under the impression that both 'vanished' & became M.I.A., during the...

... 7/15 incident?![/CENTER]

And judging from that power sig, I'm gonna say it's probably all... Cyke & Wanda's fault. ;p
    I've envisioned her (for the BH) & Scott (for the X'ers) facing off as the last woman & man standing, and just totally ULEASHING upon each other, with the 'kickback' (like when NuFenris went all Cain & Abel-ette) causing that MASSIVE energy eXplosion... (cum implosion?).
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Last edited by wano; 01-18-2018 at 07:03 PM.

Just watched the season finale. I guess they actually went through with the Hellfire Club TV series.
    "Did you know that half of the teens in America are virgins? Not because they haven't the right person, but they haven't found the right teacher. " ~ Arsenio Hall

I've been laboring under the impression that both 'vanished' & became M.I.A., during the...

... 7/15 incident?!

And judging from that power sig, I'm gonna say it's probably all... Cyke & Wanda's fault. ;p
    That’s a very clever observation.

I just took the Brotherhood comment to be Esme's manipulation. She hasnt mentioned the HFC to anyone but Lorna and Andy. Also the HFC was founded before the Brotherhood.
    Good point....
    Sorry DiamondQueen, gonna have to take that back, as it's not entirely accurate. In episode 11's 3 X 1, after Esmé gives Lorna a lil' psychic nudge to 'summon' her, and during their somewhat adversarial tête-à-tête that follows:

... (shortly before the above) Polaris steps in front of her, cuts her off, & gets a bit confrontational, stating in accusatory fashion:

"... I'm not so sure about that. There's a rumor, about some terrorist group you're part of, the Hellfire Club? - I'm sorry, something funny?!..."

Besides, if humans have & have HAD, suspicions:

... the Mutants SURELY must, I would say.

So clearly, the implication is, that the HFC isn't eXactly a well-kept secret. Also, regarding Esme being deceitful when giving John's BH call-out credence, in retrospect:

CBR.com, The Gifted: 17 Easter Eggs And Cameos That X-Men Fans Missed
    ... 2. THE NEW HELLFIRE CLUB

Along with X-Men, the Hellfire Club is one of the most influential mutant organizations in the world. While the Brotherhood left the Inner Circle of The Gifted‘s Hellfire Club with enough resources to furnish lavish safe houses, the Club is still in a fairly desperate place. The Hellfire Club got a much-needed injection of fresh blood when several Mutant Underground defectors joined it in the season finale.

Many of the Club’s new recruits have a history of switching sides in comics. While Sage secretly joined the Hellfire Club to serve as Xavier’s double agent, Esme Cuckoo left the X-Men for a new Brotherhood. As she’s struggled to deal with her heritage as Magneto’s daughter, Polaris has occasionally left the X-Men to train at his side. Polaris also became an unwilling villain when she was possessed by the evil entity Malice and served as one of Apocalypse’s Horsemen. ...
    ... while it's still possible, I personally don't think that was the case, in that instance.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; Yesterday at 06:07 AM.
    My TOP 2 X-Faves+
    PolarisDazzler

😍

Spectacular Member DiamondQueen's Avatar

Sorry DiamondQueen, gonna have to take that back, as it's not entirely accurate. In episode 11's 3 X 1, after Esmé gives Lorna a lil' psychic nudge to 'summon' her, and during their somewhat adversarial tête-à-tête that follows:

... (shortly before the above) Polaris steps in front of her, cuts her off, & gets a bit confrontational, stating in accusatory fashion:

"... I'm not so sure about that. There's a rumor, about some terrorist group you're part of, the Hellfire Club? - I'm sorry, something funny?!..."

Besides, if humans have & have HAD, suspicions:

... the Mutants SURELY must, I would say.

So clearly, the implication is, that the HFC isn't eXactly a well-kept secret. Also, regarding Esme being deceitful when giving John's BH call-out credence, in retrospect:

... while it's still possible, I personally don't think that was the case, in that instance.

Ok I see your point. So Mags creates the Brotherhood and takes Shaw's place as King of the Inner Circle then?

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    That’s a very clever observation.
    ThanX, Psyknight! From that same CBR article, here's another VERY interesting proposal posited I thought, to consider & keep in mind:

... 14. WHAT HAPPENED IN DALLAS

Most of the X-Men and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants disappeared after a mysterious event in the world of The Gifted. The July 15 incident resulted in a large explosion in Dallas, Texas that inspired Coby Bell’s Jace Turner to join the Sentinel Services. While the full details of this incident haven’t been revealed yet, it could point towards a major X-Men story.

Dallas usually isn’t a hotbed for superhero action, but it was the center at one of the X-Men’s first major comics crossovers, “The Fall of the Mutants.” During that 1988 storyline, the X-Men seemingly died in Dallas while fighting the Adversary, an ancient mystical entity. Although they were instantly revived, the X-Men’s deaths were broadcast on live TV in Chris Claremont and Marc Silvestri’s Uncanny X-Men #226. While the X-Men relocated to the Australian Outback, the rest of the world believed that they were dead for years. ...
    My TOP 2 X-Faves+
    PolarisDazzler

😍

Ok I see your point. So Mags creates the Brotherhood and takes Shaw's place as King of the Inner Circle then?
    It more or less makes sense, and seems reasonable enough, considerin'...

... so I'd say, yes, it looks that way.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; Yesterday at 07:27 AM.
    My TOP 2 X-Faves+
    PolarisDazzler

😍

All I have to say is:

FB_IMG_1516297397371.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldoeaf View Post
    All I have to say is:

FB_IMG_1516297397371.jpg

Last edited by Heroine Addict; Yesterday at 12:30 PM.
    My TOP 2 X-Faves+
    PolarisDazzler

😍

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldoeaf View Post
    All I have to say is:

FB_IMG_1516297397371.jpg
    While I have seen the comments online including today.

I will just say The Gifted is a Marvel Television production. Mind you a joint Fox and Marvel Television production that Fox brought out some of their A team from their films to help put together. It still doesn’t change its co-produced by Marvel Entertainment.
    Last edited by jmc247; Yesterday at 10:29 AM.

Ultimate Member

This may sound strange, but we haven't seen the DVR numbers since episode 9 and that was the first DVR increase viewership for an episode. Though we just tonight were given the average for The Gifted for the first 10 episodes L + 7. Overall the 6th highest percentage gain of all shows Fall 2017 with an average of 100% growth L + 7. I have the feeling the finale is going to do better then usual on DVR and other platforms then we have seen since perhaps Rx.
    Last edited by jmc247; Yesterday at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Just watched the season finale. I guess they actually went through with the Hellfire Club TV series.
    Sorta, but I think their original intention was to do like a 'Mad Men' version of it, set in the 60's and maybe... before what we saw in First Class? Not sure 'bout that, tho, could've been afterward & them trying to rebuild after Shaw's death. OR, not even related at all & completely it's own thing, kinda like Gifted is... IDK.
    My TOP 2 X-Faves+
    PolarisDazzler

😍