Page 73 of 112 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1666

By that metric, the financial trade reports that only Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and last year's live action Jungle Book have done better in that time frame. Wonder Woman now also boasts the fourth-highest grossing third weekend of any superhero movie, with only Avengers, Spider-Man, and The Dark Knight performing better in the third week of their respective runs. The film has also claimed the title of the eleventh-biggest third box office weekend of all time for any film, in terms of domestic numbers.

Diana is doing well for her third week.
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    Then who do you think she is going to be paired with? Batfleck? *vomits* Thats one of the reasons why I want Steve to come back.
    I hope not...I am glad her email said "Thanks for bringing him back to me." I hope that was the 'official friend zoning of Bruce Wayne.'

I think it's very likely we're gonna have a Barbara Minerva relationship gone wrong to be honest. I just don't see how Diana could be paired with another male lead after Steve.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Invincible Member

^That could actually work if it's handled with the right kind of finesse. And it gives Diana a personal motivation/connection to the villain, and it shows her "love and compassion" in a different way.

And after seeing how Patty handled Diana/Steve, I think that she could make it work honestly.

Standing Member

I'd like to see Diana and Barbara Minerva as very good friends--and thus it's tragic when she becomes Cheetah. Just like with Bruce and Harvey Dent. However, to suggest any romantic relationship would put such a movie into the same category as old movies where gay relationships were always doomed. It wouldnt be as bad as the Bury Your Gays trope, where one lover always has to die, but it would come close to that.

On the other hand, showing that Diana had a romantic relationship in Themyscira (which she must have had) and that other Amazons had strong relatioships would be a positive development. It's already implied in the current movie, so lets have more on that.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I hope not...I am glad her email said "Thanks for bringing him back to me." I hope that was the 'official friend zoning of Bruce Wayne.'

I think it's very likely we're gonna have a Barbara Minerva relationship gone wrong to be honest. I just don't see how Diana could be paired with another male lead after Steve.
    That would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    That would be great.
    And it will probably be Halle Berry.

Mighty Member

And it will probably be Halle Berry.
    Who would YOU cast as Cheetah, RWM?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Who would YOU cast as Cheetah, RWM?
    Halle Berry, Gabrielle Union, Emily Blunt, Charlize Therone (with her Atomic Blond accent,) Aisha Tyler, Angelina Jolie, Lupita Nyong'o

But I really think she should be a strong black woman.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 06-19-2017 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    That's not a problem at all. It just means that they've seen a pretty clear indicator of what people want from their movies.

They tried something different, and it was never meant to be a permanent thing to begin with. The plan was always to take the DCEU in a more positive direction, so this just confirms to them that that's what the audience wants. Now that they know that, they'll make movies more in line with this movie. They'll sell lots of tickets. The critics will love it. Everyone wins.

And yeah, I agree with Jeevanjacobjohn. This article writer is just bashing Snyder's movies and isn't even really using facts to do it. Jonathan Kent did NOT at any point try to convince Clark not to be Superman. He told him that one day he would change the world, and that he needed to be very sure he knew who he was and what he wanted to be before he made the decision to reveal himself. That's not discouraging. That's emphasizing the importance of Clark's decisions.

I could point out other flaws in the article, but I've countered these arguments so many times, I'm just bored with it. The important thing is that Wonder Woman is successful and DC/WB can analyze what worked and what didn't work and apply that knowledge to their future movies and hopefully this golden age of CBM has not yet even truly begun. Once Marvel and DC start offering each other some truly serious competition, both sides are going to just keep getting more and more innovative with these movies and we, as fans, will just be loving every minute of it. When two companies offer two very similar products and start competing with each other on more or less equal terms, the customers win.
    Yeah, the writer is also taking one scene of alleged "hero-worship"-- one structured to look forward to Superman's own sacrificial death-- and from that he gets the Nietzchean ubermensch. I've re-read ZARATHUSTRA recently, and while Nietzche has a lot to say about the importance of supermen determining their own values, there's next to nothing about them sacrificing themselves for humanity, which would have been entirely Christian for the philosopher.

Halle Berry, Gabrielle Union, Emily Blunt, Charlize Therone (with her Atomic Blond accent,) Aisha Tyler, Angelina Jolie, Lupita Nyong'o

Yes, I agree. I most like Aiysha Tyler, then Lupita for the role.

Mighty Member

Juggernaut status
    Cars 3*couldn’t take much away from*Wonder Woman, which was down a stellar 30% to $40.8 million in its third weekend. That is the fourth-best third-weekend total ever for a superhero film behind only*The Avengers($55.6 million),*Spider-Man*($45 million) and*The Dark Knight*($42.7 million), and*Avengers*and*Dark Knight*opened signficantly higher than the DCEU film. In fact, comparing to the other DCEU movies*Wonder Woman’s*third weekend take is far better than the full third weeks ofMan of Steel*($31.9 million),*Batman V Superman*($29.1 million) andSuicide Squad*($29.2 million). It’s now ahead of all of those films’ domestic grosses at the same point aside from*Dawn of Justice, sitting at $274.6 million domestically and $571.8 million worldwide. Its domestic total should run out over $350 million and could go even higher than that conceivably. With a $149 million budget, this is a big win for Warner Bros.

Mighty Member

I hadn't really considered a FPOC because I'm working with a 1945 script in my head, but a first generation Kenyan polyglot educated in Britain would be an interesting wrinkle to the story that would actually add to the character's rage.

As for an actress, I feel there's a need to pair Gal with a considerable acting force of nature. Someone that can pull seething rage, cold clarity, bloodthirst, envy, and repressed lust... as well as do action.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I hadn't really considered a FPOC because I'm working with a 1945 script in my head, but a first generation Kenyan polyglot educated in Britain would be an interesting wrinkle to the story that would actually add to the character's rage.

As for an actress, I feel there's a need to pair Gal with a considerable acting force of nature. Someone that can pull seething rage, cold clarity, bloodthirst, envy, and repressed lust... as well as do action.
    I'm thinking post Justice League. WWII could be in Flashback maybe?

Standing Member

I don't like Halle Berry and I stay away from her movies. But I don't think there's any danger of her playing another comic book cat person. Besides she's a Marvel and they have to sign a blood oath not to work for DC (kidding).

I'm sure there are lots of actresses who could play Barbara Minerva. Offhand, Gugu Mbatha-Raw would do a good job.

Mighty Member

I'm thinking post Justice League. WWII could be in Flashback maybe?
    Honestly I was thinking it'd be both. Most in the past, but the final capture would be present time, cause Cheetah would be immortal too.

If we went with a white Cheetah, I was going to get behind either Rosamund Pike or Yvonne Strahovski. Black Cheetahs are harder to find. I'd love to see if Teyonah Parris, Rutina Wesley, or even Vicky Jeudy have the ice in their veins to pull it off. Naomie Harris definitely could, but I don't know enough about her physicality.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 06-19-2017 at 07:50 PM.