Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    www.taurianfilms.com

Amazing Member

Great news but it is a couple of years away apparently! Big fan of Dredd and 2000 AD.

Heres the the announcement from EW:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/10/judge-dredd-tv-show/

Heres a video of 2 of the producers talking about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1ei...ature=youtu.be

Here's a link to recommended reading advice for Judge Dredd from the 2000 AD team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G25g...ature=youtu.be

Link to the 2000 A.D. shop if anyone wants to pick up digital or physical copies of the graphic novel collections of 2000 A.D. characters including Judge Dredd and and some other classic British Comics in general:

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/graphic-novels

I'll believe it when I see it.

Amazing Member

Yeah, alot can happen in 2 years. fingers crossed

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

If Karl Urban comes back as Dredd I'm in.

I'll look at the interviews and articles later, but two things I think are key:
    -- Keep his helmet on
    -- Keep the social commentary and satire in place

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Hes not above tv he did almost human (i liked that show him and Michale whats his face had good chemistry) so its possible.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Hes not above tv he did almost human (i liked that show him and Michale whats his face had good chemistry) so its possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- Keep his helmet on
    This. It would make up for something like GOTHAM.

I was pretty impressed with the look of the Judge Minty fan film some years ago, which showed you could be pretty faithful to the comics on a tight budget. The Lawmaster bike was presumably all cgi but worked very well, at least on youtube, and the uniforms were straight off the page.

Would people here prefer the new series follow the Urban film or the comics when it comes to visual aesthetics?

Amazing Member

-- Keep his helmet on
    Rebellion seem to be very closely involved with this production so its a safe bet the helmet is remaining on plus, from the interview, it sounds like the intention is to incorporate the satire from the comic into the show. So its 2 for 2 on your wishlist.

Amazing Member

Yeah, Here's hoping Urban is cast.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I was pretty impressed with the look of the Judge Minty fan film some years ago, which showed you could be pretty faithful to the comics on a tight budget. The Lawmaster bike was presumably all cgi but worked very well, at least on youtube, and the uniforms were straight off the page.

Would people here prefer the new series follow the Urban film or the comics when it comes to visual aesthetics?
    From the interview it actually sounds like they are going to try and capture the comic version aesthetically for the show. The comics have represented so many different artists versions of Mega City 1 over the years so there is a variety of ways to go with it. Personally, i'd like the aesthetic to skew as closely as possible towards the comics but if whats on the page doesn't work on the screen then they should definitely change it. I was perfectly happy with the Dredd film aesthetic and if we get that then I am fine with it. I mean visually I preferred the 2012 version of the Judges costumes to the Stallone version but you could mix and match. Its more important to capture the tone than the actual aesthetic in my (comic) book.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Ted View Post
    I mean visually I preferred the 2012 version of the Judges costumes to the Stallone version but you could mix and match. Its more important to capture the tone than the actual aesthetic in my (comic) book.
    I agree - the tone is more important. But a Lawmaster with those giant, chunky wheels would be awesome.

I agree - the tone is more important. But a Lawmaster with those giant, chunky wheels would be awesome.

I'm a sucker for the old-style Lawmaster. One of the few things I really didn't like about Dredd was its fiberglass-looking lawmaster bike, though I appreciated the fact that the actors could actually ride the things.

It would be awesome if he did. And I can see him doing the first season seeing as how it will probably only be about 6 episodes.