Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If this comes to fruition, fantastic!
    I know people will want to see things like Cursed Earth or Judge Child or Origins etc serialised, but I hope they don't try and do something that big too early, let season one introduce Dredd and everything about him and his city before trying to tell an epic.

I just hope they don't stick to the "Realistic" Version like the movie and say No to things like Judge Death and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    If Karl Urban comes back as Dredd I'm in.
    I don't hope for his return in the role for a TV show, unless it's one season. Dude is approaching his 50.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Please turn off your ad block, ads accompanying my videos are how I earn money

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I don't hope for his return in the role for a TV show, unless it's one season. Dude is approaching his 50.
    But that is one of the wonderful things about DREDD. Dredd can be done by an Older Person. Unlike alot other comic book heroes who can only be portrayed by a 20 something.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    But that is one of the wonderful things about DREDD. Dredd can be done by an Older Person. Unlike alot other comic book heroes who can only be portrayed by a 20 something.
    I'd prefer someone notably younger, and have the role adjusted to him aging.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Please turn off your ad block, ads accompanying my videos are how I earn money

Karl Urban is only 44 and looks 10 years younger... He'd be perfect for the role, though someone else will probably get it.

Unless it receives about 20 seasons, his aging's not going to be a major plot development.

They could cast anyone from about 30 to 50s in my view and it wouldn't matter, as long as he's effective in action sequences. I wouldn't recommend trying to replicate his comics' age, mind you I can remember stories referencing his advancing age back in the 90s.

I don't know how much crazy action would be required of Dredd - it's a tv show budget, the guy always has his face covered and he usually just shoots or punches and rides his bike. Not like he's Spider-Man. Stuntman and EFX would cover any actor, regardless of age.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-15-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't know how much crazy action would be required of Dredd - it's a tv show budget, the guy always has his face covered and he usually just shoots or punches and rides his bike. Not like he's Spider-Man. Stuntman and EFX would cover any actor, regardless of age.
    Kind of depends. I can recall some extraordinarily ridiculous action sequences in the comic, but I agree that he is not going to be swinging from any skyscrapers.

They can take any approach they like, of course, so long as they don't introduce a romance subplot or get him to remove his helmet. Hell, they could take inspiration from Wagner's America, and have him as a supporting character

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    Unless it receives about 20 seasons, his aging's not going to be a major plot development.

They could cast anyone from about 30 to 50s in my view and it wouldn't matter, as long as he's effective in action sequences. I wouldn't recommend trying to replicate his comics' age, mind you I can remember stories referencing his advancing age back in the 90s.
    Exactly. If it does take off and is done right I wouldn't want the show to last any more than 7 seasons at the very most, maybe less depending on the season format. I'd rather you got 7 great seasons with a finale and be sad to see it go than watch the show string along and run out of juice to the point where you don't really care they have taken it off tv. Whether you love or hate Breaking Bad that was always a plus point of the show, it didn't outstay its welcome.
    Last edited by Judge Ted; 05-17-2017 at 07:19 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    No backflips required for Dredd!

Amazing Member

Link to podcast with the producers for the show below. Sounds like if Urban is available he will be in it. They also mentioned Olivia Thirlby as a possibility for Anderson.

https://soundcloud.com/2000-ad/judge...-mega-city-one
    Last edited by Judge Ted; 05-17-2017 at 03:02 PM.