Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Batman Arkham 5 Idea(s)

Even though its been said that Knight would be the last game, I still think there is lots to do with unused characters and storylines to draw inspiration from.

I have an idea (plus some more in-depth ideas) for the story, which includes "Batman (the new Bat vigilante from Arkham Knight's ending) being framed for murder of a wanted killer, being hunted by the police and their new commissioner, Ellen Yindel, while uncovering a conspiracy to discredit, or even assassinate, Mayor Jim Gordon and his campaign opponent for re-election Lincoln March who is being protected by a small time militia group called Leviathan."

Is there any way you would or could continue the Arkham series?
    Skeeter: Hey time traveling O5 members of the X-Men We don't take kindly to people who create a time paradox around here!

Bartender: Now calm down Skeeter they aint hurtin nobody.

Skeeter: No! I wanna know som'in from the "O5" How come you cant go back to your own timeline in the first place and how come when Reed Richards "fixed" the universe you wasnt put back and how come the changes that happn to you dont happn to your present day selves?

Bartender: Skeeter I dont want trouble

IMO the Arkham series did a Mass Effect 3: an installment that basically ruined the setting and made further sequels impossible without at least a soft reboot.

So you do flashback installations like Arkham: Origin, or you ignore the ending of Arkham Knight. Or you set it far enough in the future that the ending has become irrelevant.

IMO this 'new' bat-vigilante is just Bruce Wayne again who has added Scarecrow toxin to his utility belt.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

A Batman Beyond game done by the same people would be really cool.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

A battle for the cowl between Grayson and JPValley if its possible (have not played AKnight). You'd play both, one chapter Dick, one chapter JPV running the gauntlet.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 05-13-2017 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    IMO the Arkham series did a Mass Effect 3: an installment that basically ruined the setting and made further sequels impossible without at least a soft reboot.
    I disagree, with Batman's expanding 60 years of history (past, present and future wise), you could easily tell a story with what came after Protocol Knightfall: Mayor Gordon and if he decides to oppose the new darker vigilante who citizens see as just some crazy ripoff of Batman, Gotham's corrupt Goverment wanting to get rid of Mayor Gordon before he comes across white collar criminals and Government crimes in Gotham, New criminals wanting to fill the crime lord void in Gotham after the big ones failed in Knight. I think theres lots of potential to be done with what hasn't been used in the Batman's mythos.

IMO this 'new' bat-vigilante is just Bruce Wayne again who has added Scarecrow toxin to his utility belt.
    A new weapon you can use in the game, and it could be apart of the storyline with Bruce relying on it too much and it causes many policemen and other vigilantes in the game to oppose to him and fight him, seeing him as some murderous horror theme vigilante.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    A battle for the cowl between Grayson and JPValley if its possible (have not played AKnight). You'd play both, one chapter Dick, one chapter JPV running the gauntlet.
    That sounds kind of cool, kind of like the Spider-Man: Web of Shadows game where theres multiple endings depending on who you choose throughout the game. Also Azrael in the Arkhamverse is Lane not Valley.
    Skeeter: Hey time traveling O5 members of the X-Men We don't take kindly to people who create a time paradox around here!

Skeeter: No! I wanna know som'in from the "O5" How come you cant go back to your own timeline in the first place and how come when Reed Richards "fixed" the universe you wasnt put back and how come the changes that happn to you dont happn to your present day selves?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I disagree, with Batman's expanding 60 years of history (past, present and future wise), you could easily tell a story with what came after Protocol Knightfall: Mayor Gordon and if he decides to oppose the new darker vigilante who citizens see as just some crazy ripoff of Batman, Gotham's corrupt Goverment wanting to get rid of Mayor Gordon before he comes across white collar criminals and Government crimes in Gotham, New criminals wanting to fill the crime lord void in Gotham after the big ones failed in Knight. I think theres lots of potential to be done with what hasn't been used in the Batman's mythos.
    Let's just say I don't agree in the slightest.

A new weapon you can use in the game, and it could be apart of the storyline with Bruce relying on it too much and it causes many policemen and other vigilantes in the game to oppose to him and fight him, seeing him as some murderous horror theme vigilante.
    The series has way more gadgets than you use as it is, and that is IMO a terrible idea for a story.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

So, what would I do...

Okay, what actually is being done turns out to be what I first suggested: something set a few years after Arkham Origins.

But anyway... Arkham Knight follow-ups.

1) Frell continuity. Just do The Dark Knight Returns with a 60+ year old Bruce Wayne and an alive Joker, a retired Gordon who never went into politcs... all of it obviously not caring one whit about what was established in earlier games. With the mutant gang, and an epic Superman battle at the end.

2) Go light. Seriously tone down the gloom and doom.
    Dick Grayson takes over as Batman. His first job: take out the murderous lunatic who masquerades as a feargas-using Batmonster.

Let's just say I don't agree in the slightest.
    With what, that theres storylines in general that could be used with newer or obscure villains, or the specific plot points I used as an example?

The series has way more gadgets than you use as it is, and that is IMO a terrible idea for a story.
    So should it be like those survival horror games where you decide what you can carry in your inventory or in this case Utility Belt. I don't know Batman using Fear Gas in his weaponry is a pretty weird idea, so a cop or a hero who doesn't know its Bruce would assume he was a villain and try to fight him.

2) Go light. Seriously tone down the gloom and doom.
    Dick Grayson takes over as Batman. His first job: take out the lunatic who masquerades as a feargas-using Batmonster.
    Thats kind of Nightwing's point of view of the Batman fighting vigilantes plot point lol.

With what, that theres storylines in general that could be used with newer or obscure villains, or the specific plot points I used as an example?
    With all of it.

So should it be like those survival horror games where you decide what you can carry in your inventory or in this case Utility Belt. I don't know Batman using Fear Gas in his weaponry is a pretty weird idea, so a cop or a hero who doesn't know its Bruce would assume he was a villain and try to fight him.
    Seems like that would give you the option of not carrying stuff you need to advance the plot.

Anyway, Batman using fear gas is a terrible idea. It'd be like the Human Torch carrying a flamethrower.

Thats kind of Nightwing's point of view of the Batman fighting vigilantes plot point lol.
    Sorry, what? That doesn't make much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    A Batman Beyond game done by the same people would be really cool.
    That's what I'm hoping for, they could even do it sidestepping the ending of Arkham Knight, having Dick be the old mentor to Terry instead of Bruce if they don't want to touch the ending of Knight.

Seems like that would give you the option of not carrying stuff you need to advance the plot

I guess thats where the detective work comes out and you have to find an alternate way of advancing the plot lol,

Anyway, Batman using fear gas is a terrible idea. It'd be like the Human Torch carrying a flamethrower

In general yes, but to make the game different and its use as a story plot so I'm okay with only for this idea.

Sorry, what? That doesn't make much sense.
    I said earlier that Batman using fear gas will cause him to fight vigilantes who are going after him believing him to be a murderer and a monster and you said that, in your idea, Nightwing takes over as Batman and he fights a lunatic who masquerades as a feargas-using Batmonster which some people in my idea believe and I thought it was funny that we almost said the same thing.

In general yes, but to make the game different and its use as a story plot so I'm okay with only for this idea.
    Different isn't the same as better.
    People figured adding a Batmobile would make the game better. What happened instead is that Arkham Knight (AKA Batman: Tank Battle) is the weakest insallment in the series by far, including Origins (which had the best story by far).

I said earlier that Batman using fear gas will cause him to fight vigilantes who are going after him believing him to be a murderer and a monster and you said that, in your idea, Nightwing takes over as Batman and he fights a lunatic who masquerades as a feargas-using Batmonster which some people in my idea believe and I thought it was funny that we almost said the same thing.
    Crucial difference: the thing you see at the end of Arkham Knight is NOT Batman in this story, he's a villain (but probably not the Big Bad).
    Dick Grayson is Batman, and your player-controlled character.
    It's would not be a story about a vigilante anti-hero going off the deep end. It would be a game that thumbs its nose at the overly grim and über-serious tone of past games.

Different isn't the same as better.
    People figured adding a Batmobile would make the game better. What happened instead is that Arkham Knight (AKA Batman: Tank Battle) is the weakest insallment in the series by far, including Origins (which had the best story by far).
    I didn't say better though I said different, I think the Batmobile made the game stand out more, and I don't think Knight is the weakest but thats just my opinion. I think making the game stand out more isn't a bad thing.

Crucial difference: the thing you see at the end of Arkham Knight is NOT Batman in this story, he's a villain (but probably not the Big Bad). Dick Grayson is Batman, and your player-controlled character.
    It's would not be a story about a vigilante anti-hero going off the deep end. It would be a game that thumbs its nose at the overly grim and über-serious tone of past games.
    Sounds cool but Arkham games is all about grim and serious tones your game woud probably have more Teen Titan villains then Batman villains .
    Last edited by Mutant God; 05-13-2017 at 06:57 PM.

Incredible Member

Continue from Arkham Origins (Origins.2, Origins.3, etc.) with Arkham Knight being the final chapter of the series. The new games can start with an intro like '10 years before Arkham Knight', '7 years before Arkham Knight'.

Batman has a large cast of villains to use and organizations to use as the Big Bad. With the variety of weapons Batman uses he could have a limited space to carry them and have to pick which ones to carry at any time. They wouldn't necessary be vital to complete a mission, just make it more or less difficult to complete a mission (the end of the mission could be done by several different methods).

I didn't say better though I said different, I think the Batmobile made the game stand out more, and I don't think Knight is the weakest but thats just my opinion. I think making the game stand out more isn't a bad thing.
    Arkham Knight stands out for being the next-gen one. That's it. Oh, and for being the crap one.

Sounds cool but Arkham games is all about grim and serious tones...
    Doesn't have to be.
    A lighter tone would make it... what's the term again? Oh yeah. Stand out!

your game woud probably have more Teen Titan villains then Batman villains .
    What? Like Deathstroke?
    Dick Grayson didn't fight any Teen Titans villains when he was Batman in the comics.