Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default If you could base aTv show on a run

To you guys what run is the best run to start a tv show on ? To be honest I would want a golden age show
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

A run based off the Perez/Jimenez/Rucka runs.

Weismann could do a top job.

It would depend on a lot of factors.

Ideally I think a molding of Golden Age with the Perez/Jimenez/Rucka runs would be my ideal Wonder Woman adaption, even though I imagine the latter era(s) would get more favoritism over Marston's work.

Rucka's current run would probably be pretty practical to base around a TV show. It's modern, has a strong foundation, and has already found it's own "team" dynamic ala the other Arrowverse shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would depend on a lot of factors.

Ideally I think a molding of Golden Age with the Perez/Jimenez/Rucka runs would be my ideal Wonder Woman adaption, even though I imagine the latter era(s) would get more favoritism over Marston's work.

Rucka's current run would probably be pretty practical to base around a TV show. It's modern, has a strong foundation, and has already found it's own "team" dynamic ala the other Arrowverse shows.
    Maybe they'll do a CW WW where Felicity will do cameos

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Maybe they'll do a CW WW where Felicity will do cameos
    Well, she'll definitely need at least one adorkable computer hacker/tech person since each show has one .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    a run based off the perez/jimenez/rucka runs.

Weismann could do a top job.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I read WW mainly in the Simone Run and i was interested in Strayzinski's Oddysey storyline so i might take a few cues from there. I'll probably just read alot of the runs and just do my own take on the material.

Standing Member

The original Marston run, the Sekowsky mod run, and the Byrne run have the most potential for a TV show budget.

The Byrne run has the advantage that Paradise Island exists outside normal time and space (same more or less for the Sekowsky run). So WW and a kind of Blackhawks/Challengers of the Unknown team could leave their base on Paradise Island and fly to different periods in history.
    For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool
    By making his world a little colder

Amazing Member

Gerry Conway's Kobra storyline from WW #269-285. Sets up supporting cast with Steve Trevor, Etta Candy and Amazons. Also includes stories with The Cheetah and Angle Man.

Roy Thomas' run from WW #288-293. You get Dr. Psycho and The Silver Swan and the all-heroine team up.

For live-action or cartoon, my picks would be the Byrne or Chiang-Azzarello runs...no contest. I think, with a few tweaks - occasionally guest-starring Steve Trevor, X-Files-styled secret agent - the Chiazzarello run would go about seven or eight seasons on BBC, ..and the Byrne run is perfection for American television, with no tweaks at all.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-13-2017 at 11:18 PM.
    FINALLY! The greatest comic book movie, ever made... The ORIGIN of the GOLDEN AGE WONDER BOY!

I think merging Perez's and Rucka's 2nd run would be ideal as a TV series. With Perez's run, you get Vanessa Kapatelis which young girls could identify with, plus the epic storylines that could easily cover quite a few seasons. Rucka's 2nd run would incorporate a young Steve Trevor for the romantic lead, Barbara Ann as a major character, and Godwatch for more classic villain stuff.

I could see a four season series adapting the Perez, Rucka, Jiminez and Simone runs.

Is there anything in the runs you think can be better? Like can devastation be made a better villain?
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    To you guys what run is the best run to start a tv show on ? To be honest I would want a golden age show
    Rucka's first run is TV ready as written. I think the Perez run and portions of Byrne's run (but most especially WW:GODS AND GODDESSES) are big screen ready. They are dying to be adapted to film.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I think merging Perez's and Rucka's 2nd run would be ideal as a TV series. With Perez's run, you get Vanessa Kapatelis which young girls could identify with, plus the epic storylines that could easily cover quite a few seasons. Rucka's 2nd run would incorporate a young Steve Trevor for the romantic lead, Barbara Ann as a major character, and Godwatch for more classic villain stuff.
    Agreed with all of this, plus some of the Jimenez take on the characters and villains.