Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 275
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member Captain M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,481

    Default Black Panther and the Crew Cancelled With Issue 6

    Sad but expected.

    https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/13/1...-nehisi-coates

    Edit: Just realized I was late on this and that there was already discussion on the big thread about cancelled books. Feel free to let this one die.
    Last edited by Captain M; 05-14-2017 at 07:22 AM.

  2. #2
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,892

    Default

    Gees, two issues out and dead already? I think that beats Ultimate FF's cancel record (cancelled just before Issue 3 was released and it was released in April and ended with 6 issues).
    Opinions may vary in quality.

    Current Manga Reviews: Twin Star Exorcists Vol. 3, Library Wars Vol. 15 and Inuyashiki Vol. 3

  3. #3
    Fantastic Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    279

    Default

    I'm wanting to know if we can now question if Marvel should make a change and work to push Black Panther profile higher instead of burdening him with pushing a feminist agenda. I see what Snyder and Strong have done with Batman, and i wonder why not that.

  4. #4
    Mighty Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    As I said in the BP thread i'm done with Marvel after this. They can keep relaunching Captain Marvel, Inhumans barely sells s$)$ and your going to try to sell me on books with black characters just couldn't find it's audience. Well FU Marvel Comics. My 20+ years of readership is done. It is what it is. You don't get diversity in the main books so people are aware of these characters and then they don't even give it time to catch on or promote it. Marvel gave Storm's solo 0 promotion. I just don't have the energy any more. Anything I want to read from them that's not BP i'll just use alternative channels and really don't give a flip anymore. Make mine marvel my a$$.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  5. #5
    Fantastic Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    As I said in the BP thread i'm done with Marvel after this. They can keep relaunching Captain Marvel, Inhumans barely sells s$)$ and your going to try to sell me on books with black characters just couldn't find it's audience. Well FU Marvel Comics. My 20+ years of readership is done. It is what it is. You don't get diversity in the main books so people are aware of these characters and then they don't even give it time to catch on or promote it. Marvel gave Storm's solo 0 promotion. I just don't have the energy any more. Anything I want to read from them that's not BP i'll just use alternative channels and really don't give a flip anymore. Make mine marvel my a$$.

    I understand a lot of your sentiment, but just in this case i would say that even if they did keep the book active, it seem like book was iffy in execution.

  6. #6

    Default

    Too bad that Priest probably isn't interested in picking up the baton with this. Oh well. They should reach out to Geoff Thorne.

    So did X-Editorial have something to do with this (again)?
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 05-14-2017 at 12:40 PM.

  7. #7
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    21,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Gees, two issues out and dead already? I think that beats Ultimate FF's cancel record (cancelled just before Issue 3 was released and it was released in April and ended with 6 issues).
    Weren't one of those Mercs for Money solo's cancelled after either the first or second issue because they did so badly?

  8. #8
    Spectacular Member Outburstz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Typical this book never had a chance

  9. #9
    Bitch, what? BBeeryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    In love with you.
    Posts
    569

    Default

    Marvel manages to give us a somewhat dignified portrayal of Storm that her fans can rally behind and they pull the plug. There seems to be no hope for character now. Sad news day indeed.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,293

    Default

    Thought it was a mini?

  11. #11
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I'm wanting to know if we can now question if Marvel should make a change and work to push Black Panther profile higher instead of burdening him with pushing a feminist agenda. I see what Snyder and Strong have done with Batman, and i wonder why not that.
    How do you get the profile higher named writer Priest don't work, guys from tv film Hudlin don't work, world renowned authors Coates don't work. Doomwar didn't work, MWF didn't work and Klaws didn't work. He's on multiple teams and appearing in multiple books Ultimates and New Invaders upcoming probably going to be on the Avengers reboot how do you get his profile higher turn him into a villian for a bit?

  12. #12
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    21,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Thought it was a mini?
    It is now, basically

  13. #13
    Mighty Member Valamist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I'm wanting to know if we can now question if Marvel should make a change and work to push Black Panther profile higher instead of burdening him with pushing a feminist agenda. I see what Snyder and Strong have done with Batman, and i wonder why not that.
    Well, each to there own and all, but Misty was one of the main reasons why I bought/enjoyed the Crew and Shuri was by far the best thing about Coate's Black Panther series, so more more of that for me please! Not sure what else they could be doing to push BP's profile anymore, given how he has a decent solo series, and is appearing in a team book.

    Anyway, sad to hear about this. I have really enjoyed the last two issues. Why is Marvel so trigger-happy to canceling books? I mean, they never seem to give them a chance to find the audience, or even given them space to improve before the end. Nope, its just 'Off with their heads!' the moment its bellow whatever standards they have.
    Last edited by Valamist; 05-14-2017 at 02:00 PM.
    Marvel: - The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Hulk, The Mighty Captain Marvel, Captain America: Sam Wilson, Captain America: Steve Rodgers, Old Man Logan, The Mighty Thor, All-New Wolverine, Gwenpool, Black Panther, The Ultimates2, Champions.

    DC: -
    Super-Girl, Batwoman

    Image: -
    Paper Girls.

    My Comics Review Blog!

  14. #14
    MYTH SMITH ∞ !!! G. Boney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    773

    Default

    I think that's one issue less than the original (superior, IMO) Crew series...
    All Lives Matter is right up there with Let Them Eat Cake. --Samax Amen

    https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,674

    Default

    This is just a prime example of a book getting drowned by Marvels insane monthly output. I bet if you asked 100 people that buy comics you would be lucky to find even 5 that even knew this series existed let alone bought it. If Marvel wants to give books like this a real chance they have to cut back on the number of series they publish every month.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •