Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Well, each to there own and all, but Misty was one of the main reasons why I bought/enjoyed the Crew and Shuri was by far the best thing about Coate's Black Panther series, so more more of that for me please! Not sure what else they could be doing to push BP's profile anymore, given how he has a decent solo series, and is appearing in a team book.

Anyway, sad to hear about this. I have really enjoyed the last two issues. Why is Marvel so trigger-happy to canceling books? I mean, they never seem to give them a chance to find the audience, or even given them space to improve before the end. Nope, its just 'Off with their heads!' the moment its bellow whatever standards they have.
    I agree, it's not good news when books with poc get cancelled so abruptly.

That said, this book could have kept the same make up of characters but I think not leading the series with BP putting this team together was a mistake. If you're going to call it BP & The Crew start out with BP doing an investigation on the murder, the same murder that Misty is investigating. They hear the locals talk about someone named Blue who turns out to be Storm. They find Storm and further investigation leads them to someone connected to Seagate Prison, the same prison where Luke was experiment on and became Power Man.

Imo, they started out all wrong.
    Fan Fiction at its' best! Join Us At Age Of Marvels!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Too bad that Priest probably isn't interested in picking up the baton with this. Oh well. They should reach out to Geoff Thorne.

So did X-Editorial have something to do with this (again)?
    Thorne is too busy battling X-Men fans who keep trying to tell him what Mosaic is really about despite never reading the book.

I understand a lot of your sentiment, but just in this case i would say that even if they did keep the book active, it seem like book was iffy in execution.
    True sooner or later the excuses have to stop.

You can't keep giving Carol, Nov & Moon Knight nonstop shots and make excuses for guys like Black Panther or even X-Men like Storm.

It gets to the point of maybe taking a year off would work and give someone else a shot.

I would say at least wait till the 6th issue and decide then. Take a few months off like Image is doing with many books.

And look at Amazon top sellers-it is now 107 of sellers of superhero books now. It was in the 500s last week. Now you got preorders causing it to move up to 107.

Thought it was a mini?
    It was. They can lie all they like but it was. It was done to get another book with Misty out for trades to milk off Netflix Misty and to put yet another BP trade on the shelf before the movie.

How do you get the profile higher named writer Priest don't work, guys from tv film Hudlin don't work, world renowned authors Coates don't work.
    Actually they all worked.

Priest got you a 62 issue run of a black hero at Marvel. If you count all of Miles's books you get 60+ solo issues. Luke Cage if you don't count costarring with Ironfist-50 solo issues + 20 from the 90s run-70.

Hudlin did what Kirby & Priest could NOT get BP trades into STORES.

Coates had BP living it up in the top 20 for a long time. BP was number on sellers list at one point. He is still the top selling minority for both companies. Every Coates BP trade ranks in top 110 in sales on Amazon. At one point BP had 3 trades in the top 10 on Amazon. Coates BP outsold ALL of DC not named Batman & Flash in trades.

So those guys worked. When you look big picture.

They took away excuses we keep seeing when it comes to black heroes.

I can think of 50 other characters who would KILL for the above. One is named Cyborg.

Incredible Member

They are making the same error than with Doctor Strange. Too much books with the same character. For the moment, Black Panther can sustain one book, he is not an A-lister for the moment. They need to continue to promote the main book, with good stories. And, maybe, another writer.
    Sorry for my english, not my first language.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Thorne is too busy battling X-Men fans who keep trying to tell him what Mosaic is really about despite never reading the book.

True sooner or later the excuses have to stop.

You can't keep giving Carol, Nov & Moon Knight nonstop shots and make excuses for guys like Black Panther or even X-Men like Storm.

It gets to the point of maybe taking a year off would work and give someone else a shot.

I would say at least wait till the 6th issue and decide then. Take a few months off like Image is doing with many books.

And look at Amazon top sellers-it is now 107 of sellers of superhero books now. It was in the 500s last week. Now you got preorders causing it to move up to 107.

It was. They can lie all they like but it was. It was done to get another book with Misty out for trades to milk off Netflix Misty and to put yet another BP trade on the shelf before the movie.

Actually they all worked.

Priest got you a 62 issue run of a black hero at Marvel. If you count all of Miles's books you get 60+ solo issues. Luke Cage if you don't count costarring with Ironfist-50 solo issues + 20 from the 90s run-70.

Hudlin did what Kirby & Priest could NOT get BP trades into STORES.

Coates had BP living it up in the top 20 for a long time. BP was number on sellers list at one point. He is still the top selling minority for both companies. Every Coates BP trade ranks in top 110 in sales on Amazon. At one point BP had 3 trades in the top 10 on Amazon. Coates BP outsold ALL of DC not named Batman & Flash in trades.

So those guys worked. When you look big picture.

They took away excuses we keep seeing when it comes to black heroes.

I can think of 50 other characters who would KILL for the above. One is named Cyborg.
    Maybe it's just a knee jerk reaction to the Crew being cancelled similar to how the original was cancelled and you are right when looking​ at the big picture as far as BP is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Damn.
    I want to feel outrage but i dont.
    Maybe I was dooped.
    I was actually finally enjoying Coates work.
    Well...... Storm had some shine away from the Xbooks.
    And um who know maybe something else is down the line for her. Other than this event and xbooks.
    I guess ill start picking up Gold now. Eh.
    Wish I saw this thread first.

i think Black Panther isn't a character that can support two books. I know they were both different, but he's just not a big enough name. Also, price is an issue too. if this had been a cheaper book, i think people would have been willing to give it a try, but at $3.99, i'm not doing it. Marvel is too expensive and i'm not taking risks with my money

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Marvel manages to give us a somewhat dignified portrayal of Storm that her fans can rally behind and they pull the plug. There seems to be no hope for character now. Sad news day indeed.
    Storm's will be fine in the X-books.

She's an integral part of the X-tapestry.

In fact, the X-verse can't function without her.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Storm's will be fine in the X-books.

She's an integral part of the X-tapestry.

In fact, the X-verse can't function without her.

I think you missed the

"dignified portrayal of Storm that her fans can rally behind"

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    i think Black Panther isn't a character that can support two books. I know they were both different, but he's just not a big enough name. Also, price is an issue too. if this had been a cheaper book, i think people would have been willing to give it a try, but at $3.99, i'm not doing it. Marvel is too expensive and i'm not taking risks with my money
    Correction.

Black Panther:WoW & Black Panther:Crew were BP books in Name only that neither featured BP at all or portrayed him in good light much like the Coates helmed BP solo that's mischaracterized T'Challa as an ineffective King for 12 straight issues.

If the satellite books were any good, they would have sold better.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I think you missed the

"dignified portrayal of Storm that her fans can rally behind"

Yes, you're absolutely correct.

The comic wasnt promoted.

I would love Storm to join the Uncanny Avengers.
    "Lightning, deliver this place from darkness." - Storm in X-men TAS.

You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo, Black Panther And The Crew and Black Panther: World of Wakanda

"The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month"

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post

He wasn't in either book however, price wasn't a issue either because if that was true than Image/DC/Valiant fans would bring that up and they rarely do

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    He wasn't in either book however, price wasn't a issue either because if that was true than Image/DC/Valiant fans would bring that up and they rarely do
    then that's even worse of marvel, using his name to sell. i think price is an issue. walking dead and saga, two big image sellers are only $2.99. I think Image actually goes out of it's way to make things affordable for fans. DC's rebirth line, which kills marvel is $2.99 for their twice monthly books. If marvel's books were more reasonably priced they would sell more

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Correction.

Black Panther:WoW & Black Panther:Crew were BP books in Name only that neither featured BP at all or portrayed him in good light much like the Coates helmed BP solo that's mischaracterized T'Challa as an ineffective King for 12 straight issues.

If the satellite books were any good, they would have sold better.
    Ehh...can't agree on that one. There are plenty of good books that don't sell. "Good" is totally subjective of course.
    All Lives Matter is right up there with Let Them Eat Cake. --Samax Amen

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Ehh...can't agree on that one. There are plenty of good books that don't sell. "Good" is totally subjective of course.
    Are you telling me that the current BP ongoing is the only bad book that sold well?
    "Lightning, deliver this place from darkness." - Storm in X-men TAS.

You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo, Black Panther And The Crew and Black Panther: World of Wakanda

"The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month"

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)