Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Ehh...can't agree on that one. There are plenty of good books that don't sell. "Good" is totally subjective of course.
    Like I said the problem is Marvel is putting out so many new books every month nothing besides the A tier stuff even has a chance of selling these days. Any new book with a B lister is going to be lucky to get 12 issues before getting the ax. Marvel just throws too many books out there hoping one will hit, but since they are putting out so many at once nothing really has a chance to hit.

It is a very stupid business practice.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Gees, two issues out and dead already? I think that beats Ultimate FF's cancel record (cancelled just before Issue 3 was released and it was released in April and ended with 6 issues).
    What about S.W.O.R.D? How many issues were out when that series was canceled?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Like I said the problem is Marvel is putting out so many new books every month nothing besides the A tier stuff even has a chance of selling these days. Any new book with a B lister is going to be lucky to get 12 issues before getting the ax. Marvel just throws too many books out there hoping one will hit, but since they are putting out so many at once nothing really has a chance to hit.

It is a very stupid business practice.
    I also don't think Marvel does a good job of telling enough people about these books. The Nova and Gamora titles were good, but not enough people knew about them and poof, cancelled. Makes me worry about Black Bolt. The first issue was great, but it didn't get a lot of attention.

I think books like this being cancelled is just symptomatic of how marvel operates right now. In the last two years the series I have enjoyed the most (Nighthawk, Nova( Loveness run), Gamora and Star Lord( Zdarsky run) have all been cancelled before they hit there first Trade being released. I am pretty sure the same thing is happening with the new elektra and kingpin series as well (which is also depressing). A ton of people I know trade wait most of their books, and cancelling books before the first arc is over really hurts a books chances. If marvel isn't going to give these books time to find an audience, then what is the point of releasing them in the first place. It is certainly hard to support a title that you know has almost no chance of succeeding, because even if it is great it is hard to get attached to a story you know will end and probably have no long term consequences. I really wish marvel would give all new books at least 12 issues to see if a book can find fans, with a book like this even if it was getting rave reviews by the time fans hear about it, the book is being cancelled.
    Favorite Characters

DC-Mr. Miracle, Big Barda, Batman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Superman, Wonder Woman, Starfire, Flash(Barry), Deathstroke, Cyborg

Marvel- Thor (Odinson), Wolverine(Logan), Storm, Daredevil, Elektra, Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, She-Hulk, Spider-Man (Peter), Vision

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I'm wanting to know if we can now question if Marvel should make a change and work to push Black Panther profile higher instead of burdening him with pushing a feminist agenda. I see what Snyder and Strong have done with Batman, and i wonder why not that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Correction.

Black Panther:WoW & Black Panther:Crew were BP books in Name only that neither featured BP at all or portrayed him in good light much like the Coates helmed BP solo that's mischaracterized T'Challa as an ineffective King for 12 straight issues.

If the satellite books were any good, they would have sold better.

Can't be better said..

The cynic in me think Marvel is publishing materials they can repackage into BP collections/trade paperbacks, for you know, when the BP movie is released.

Fantastic Member

Marvel needs to look at themselves and see why other companies can afford to maintain books in the below 20K range but they can't. If more than 50% of your books are below or creeping just above that range, maybe it's time to look at ways to trim their bloated overhead, so you can pay creative teams more to keep them around, and can afford to keep books around at 20K sales.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Ehh...can't agree on that one. There are plenty of good books that don't sell. "Good" is totally subjective of course.
    The truth is that most books that aren't at least connecred to a long established franchise will get cancelled. That's simply the reality of the market.

Marvel gave it a shot, but the way the market works because initial numbers are really based on what shops order, most books are probably done before the first issue even hits the stands. In most cases being "good" (however you choose to subjectively interpret that) won't even have a chance to come into play. The deck is almost always stacked against new books unless they have Avengers or Spider-Man in the title. Or if marvel REALLY REALLY hypes it up.

Spider-Ninja

Books get cancelled for low sales all the time. The main reason everyone's suddenly so upset about it is because you all love your political high horses and shouting "yay diversity" at the top of your lungs. More voting with your wallets, spreading the word to your friends, and other small things would have kept the books going. But nope, you're just wanting to buy a few things (if any of you actually bought the books) and stand proud or make statements on forums. Marvel is a BUSINESS and as a business they have the right to cancel a product that is under-performing at anytime. Just be thankful that Marvel is even allowing the series to go to 6 issues instead of leaving you hanging at issue 2.

Maybe next time, less complaining and more spending.

Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Storm's will be fine in the X-books.

She's an integral part of the X-tapestry.

In fact, the X-verse can't function without her.
    Wow it's hot out here today, thank god for this shade.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, Falcon, Tales of Suspense, Avengers
    DC Comics: Challengers of the Unknown, The Terrifics, Justice League

PSN Gamertag:

CR1MS0N_DYNAM0

Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    What about S.W.O.R.D? How many issues were out when that series was canceled?
    Priest's original "The Crew" series was cancelled before the first issue even hit the stands.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, Falcon, Tales of Suspense, Avengers
    DC Comics: Challengers of the Unknown, The Terrifics, Justice League

PSN Gamertag:

CR1MS0N_DYNAM0

Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post
    How do you get the profile higher named writer Priest don't work, guys from tv film Hudlin don't work, world renowned authors Coates don't work. Doomwar didn't work, MWF didn't work and Klaws didn't work. He's on multiple teams and appearing in multiple books Ultimates and New Invaders upcoming probably going to be on the Avengers reboot how do you get his profile higher turn him into a villian for a bit?
    Not to disrespect but most of those titles or mini series you mentioned either wrote the supposed main character as underwhelmingly flawed and weak, or just had plots that were not supported on a big scale. One example of the latter would be Ultimates. I love the team and even Panthers role on it, I even love Ewing as a writer, but face it this team should be the one leading the charge on earth in this Secret Empire plot. hell if anything it would lift the profile of the team to go against Rogers while also showing the level of threat he is to be able to fight this team, but like many thing Panther related there is some kind of issue putting him into the A level events with noted exception of Story where he got to use the infinity gauntlet. To close on that very point i think that story line left the best opportunity to show Panther belongs aside Thor, Iron Man, Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Not to disrespect but most of those titles or mini series you mentioned either wrote the supposed main character as underwhelmingly flawed and weak, or just had plots that were not supported on a big scale. One example of the latter would be Ultimates. I love the team and even Panthers role on it, I even love Ewing as a writer, but face it this team should be the one leading the charge on earth in this Secret Empire plot. hell if anything it would lift the profile of the team to go against Rogers while also showing the level of threat he is to be able to fight this team, but like many thing Panther related there is some kind of issue putting him into the A level events with noted exception of Story where he got to use the infinity gauntlet. To close on that very point i think that story line left the best opportunity to show Panther belongs aside Thor, Iron Man, Captain America.
    Steve's plan was to ensure that powerful characters like the Ultimates couldn't lead the charge against him on earth Secret Empire. That was the point of trapping them in space outside of the shield. I'm sure they will come into play later, but in the early parts of the story I think it was necessary to take out the really heavy hitters for the story to work.

But ultimately the Ultimates are a sattelite book. They're a secondary Avengers team without the name Avengers in it. The MAIN EVENT for most company wide events will likely always be the Avengers. So BP being on that team is probably what is needed to help establish him more. But right now I'm not even sure we have a CORE Avengers team... I'm sure that's coming though. We'll probably get one somewhere between Secret Empire and the next Avengers movie.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Steve's plan was to ensure that powerful characters like the Ultimates couldn't lead the charge against him on earth Secret Empire. That was the point of trapping them in space outside of the shield. I'm sure they will come into play later, but in the early parts of the story I think it was necessary to take out the really heavy hitters for the story to work.

But ultimately the Ultimates are a sattelite book. They're a secondary Avengers team without the name Avengers in it. The MAIN EVENT for most company wide events will likely always be the Avengers. So BP being on that team is probably what is needed to help establish him more. But right now I'm not even sure we have a CORE Avengers team... I'm sure that's coming though. We'll probably get one somewhere between Secret Empire and the next Avengers movie.
    I get your point X, i can understand if they plot this particular event in that manner, but why isnt Panther and things related not more interwoven into more large events. Rarely will you see much go down in all of DC universe without Batman being accounted for. There seemed to be some hesitation to do this for Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Wow it's hot out here today, thank god for this shade.
    You know how I roll.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.