View Poll Results: Which is your favorite so far?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • DAREDEVIL, Season One

17 36.17%
  • DAREDEVIL, Season Two

13 27.66%
  • JESSICA JONES

15 31.91%
  • LUKE CAGE

2 4.26%
  • IRON FIST

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Favorite Marvel Netflix Series (or Season)

Which is your favorite so far?

Incredible Member Iron_Legion87's Avatar

Daredevil and Luke Cage are neck and neck in my book, but I give the edge to Daredevil season 2 due to it having much better fight scenes and I found the story in Daredevil (especially in season 2) to be a little bit more engaging than in Luke Cage.

Daredevil Season One is my favourite. Fantastic cast, great villains, good pacing and fantastic choreography. None of the other series nailed all those elements so perfectly. Though Jessica Jones came close.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

It's between Daredevil Season 2 and Jessica Jones for me. No one voted for JJ though so I guess I'll be the first
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series

I voted DD season 2, but just barely edges out season 1
    I will fight. Forever. For everyone, whether they know it or not. Whether they are watching or not. I will always fight.---Daredevil

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

DDS2 for me, mostly because of Elektra and Punisher.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Well, it appears Daredevil S2 is the favorite.

DDS1. It's the only one of them that justified it's 13 episode run time whereas all of them to varying degrees definitely didn't. It helps that it took the standard mcdefault origin idea and instantly made it more interesting by having it be a dual origin story for DD and Kingpin respectively with both men becoming who we know them to be by the end.

Jessica Jones for me.

Surprised Daredevil series 1 is not doing better in the poll though.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

Jessica Jones is my personal favorite, but technically DD is better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    Which is your favorite so far?
    So far, Luke Cage has been my favorite although it suffered from what most of the shows have suffered from which is being a bit too long for the material and fizzling right at the end.

In Cage's case, too much changing who the main villain was and, though I can't say more without spoiling, I will just vaguely say I hated the lack of resolution at the end. But I loved almost all of the buildup. Most real world feeling of any of the shows for me maybe because it was out in the world with everyday people.

Jessica Jones had a similar problem of having to run 13 episodes and it had run out of material by then and was dragging t out with a secondary plot that had nothing to do with the theme of the story.

I really liked DD2. At the time of DD1, I was REALLY not in the mood for the gore and the morbid. I had the same problem with JJ. But they were really good.

I've only seen 4 episodes of Iron Fist so far. I know it's getting slammed but I'll reserve opinion. At this point, I don't see where it's so bad.

Part of the appeal of Luke is how much he is the true hero and his respect for history. Granted DD in his own way has those qualities too.
    The Four Levels of Competence
    Unconscious incompetence - where one is not aware one stinks and has zero skill.
    Conscious incompetence - where one has trained enough to finally figured out one stinks and has zero skill.
    Conscious competence - where one has skill, but needs to concentrate and think about everything as one is doing it.
    Unconscious competence - where one has hardwired stuff in enough that one doesn't actually think about what one is doing, but just does it.
    -SharpandPointies

Jessica Jones is my favorite just barely edging out Daredevil Season 1 that it's practically a tie. So far my least favorite is Iron Fist which I'm slogging through. It's not offensively bad like some of the reviews said, it's just that it doesn't have an interesting hook and is kind of boring.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Jessica Jones is my favorite just barely edging out Daredevil Season 1 that it's practically a tie. So far my least favorite is Iron Fist which I'm slogging through. It's not offensively bad like some of the reviews said, it's just that it doesn't have an interesting hook and is kind of boring.
    The main character seems kind of bland. But I know what you mean about the reviews. The first one I read started with: Let's address the elephant in the room and then move on. The character should have been Asian.

Then, far from moving on, three-fourths of the "professional review" was a diatribe about that including invoking all kinds of 1970s stuff- when Iron Fist was created- that would be offensive today to the point of, "Where's the review?"
    The Four Levels of Competence
    Unconscious incompetence - where one is not aware one stinks and has zero skill.
    Conscious incompetence - where one has trained enough to finally figured out one stinks and has zero skill.
    Conscious competence - where one has skill, but needs to concentrate and think about everything as one is doing it.
    Unconscious competence - where one has hardwired stuff in enough that one doesn't actually think about what one is doing, but just does it.
    -SharpandPointies

Daredevil season 1 is the best in my opinion. Most complete and balanced from beginning to end. It narrowly beats Jessica Jones, which I thought dragged for a couple episodes in the middle, still excellent but it acts as a tie breaker. I really liked Luke Cage, but I felt it lost something after Cottonmouth died, Diamondback was a little too over the top imo. Daredevil season 2 is weird because basically the initial Punisher arc is amazing probably my favorite thing on Marvel TV but once it transitions to the Hand it loses a lot of steam.

So to rate
    Daredevil season 2 (Punisher story arc)
    Daredevil season 1
    Jessica Jones
    Luke Cage
    Daredevil Season 2 (Hand Story arc)

Have not worked up the interest to see Iron Fist yet, most of my friends say it's a slog to get through.
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 05-20-2017 at 08:31 AM.
    Current Pull: Deadpool, Ms. Marvel, Ultimates, USAvengers, Squirrel Girl, Jessica Jones.

Cottonmouth was definitely the better of the 2 LC villains (not including Shades and Mariah Dillard, of course).

LC, IF, and JJ all had slow episodes that dragged the seasons out. 13 could have been 10 to 12. Daredevil's two seasons didn't drag as much in the middle. Why? Vincent D'Onofrio in both seasons and Elodie Yung and Jon Bernthal in Season 2. These three actors totally nailed it in how I expected their characters to be portrayed in these series.

I also think DD benefited from debuting first. DDS1 was a new type of comic book show to all of us.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002