Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

If something has gone wrong, it's safe to assume it's the editors fault.
    I'm on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/Atlanta962

And YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/false314

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Interesting how Percy's issue focused on the whole team, but Abnett's issue only really focused on Ginger Wally and had very little of the other Titans. I think the Titans are pretty insignificant in Abnett's plan overall, that's disappointing.

On the other hand, the lack of Ginger Wally in this issue was annoying. Yes he was the star of the last one but having him take a backseat to Nu Wally like that was frustrating, and is more reason for fans to dislike that kid. There is no reason storywise to split the focus between the 2 Wally's like that, it was a frustrating read.

I guess I liked the rest of the issue, but the sh*t situation with the speedsters made it a lot worse IMO.
    NuWally only had one page in part one. You hate that OGWally gets more screen time than his team but you find it criminal to give focus another character.

Can you be anymore contradictory?

If there's one thing I didn't like about this issue is the fact the Titans(well Donna, Roy and Garth at least) were unnecessarily confrontational with the Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    If there's one thing I didn't like about this issue is the fact the Titans(well Donna, Roy and Garth at least) were unnecessarily confrontational with the Teen Titans.
    I think it's crossover law that when an older team that isn't the JSA teams up with a younger team, the older team will come off as jerks.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I think it's crossover law that when an older team that isn't the JSA teams up with a younger team, the older team will come off as jerks.
    Yeah, the older team always tends to underestimate the younger one.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    NuWally only had one page in part one. You hate that OGWally gets more screen time than his team but you find it criminal to give focus another character.

Can you be anymore contradictory?
    I hate that they gave focus to THAT character. That's not contradictory at all.
    I'm on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/Atlanta962

And YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/false314

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Yeah this kind of didn't make much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Yeah this kind of didn't make much sense.
    Yeah, what really gets me is the fact after Jackson suggests talking instead of fighting Garth apparently felt the need to follow up and claim Jackson doesn't even know what a fight is.
    I meant that entire sequence didn't need to happen but this was just the worst part of it for me personally.

Yeah, what really gets me is the fact after Jackson suggests talking instead of fighting Garth apparently felt the need to follow up and claim Jackson doesn't even know what a fight is.
    I meant that entire sequence didn't need to happen but this was just the worst part of it for me personally.
    Yeah very off-putting reaction. Only for Garth to then give him an arm around the shoulder seconds later. Weird.

So Batman believes in body cams? I can only imagine the kind of footage that emblem has picked up over the years .

I was a little underwhelmed by the meeting between the two teams. It feels a little too early, and we didn't get to really see the group mesh, bond, or whatever before they all moved on with the plot. Just the Team's confronting each other angrily for "reasons" and the teams' counterparts having one-panel conversations with each other.

We didn't even get any insight onto whether Kori's Titans history is restored, which is what I was really hoping for out of this. Or at least more on the Titans' history and how Judas Contract happened then what we're getting so far.

Donna throttling Damian was kind of satisfying though .

It sounds like both Kori and Donna are going to challenge the leadership of their respective teams in the future. I guess it was nice to have them say at least one line to each other .
    Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I still don't understand how someone who is writing such a good Aquaman book fails to write Garth. At this point I'm not sure if it's simply Abnett's fault or if it's the editorial of the Titans who are pushing the warrior role for Garth. Anyway I hope he becomes the mentor of Jackson, it would be a good way to develop both characters.
    I ask myself this same question every time I read an issue of Titans.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Batman believes in body cams? I can only imagine the kind of footage that emblem has picked up over the years .

"Hmm, I wonder what Dick is doing? I'll check his camera... whose boobs are these?!"

Regarding Garth... I strongly suspect the way he is now is completely intentional the same way Donna is being written unlike anything she was in the past.

I really didn't like how Donna grabbed Damian to tell him how Dick was the first Robin, as if Damian doesn't already know or Dick needs Donna to come to his rescue from Damian.

Incredible Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Donna is totally out of character since she came back in N52 and later in Rebirth.
    She was used to be the a goodhearted girl, evereyone's big sister but now she's too aggressive (although i found myself really satisfied when she grabbed Damian).
    We really know little about Donna, her atrocious N52 origin contrast with her Titans past and with her youth as Wonder Girl. I'm hoping DC will fix that as soon as possible.
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 05-19-2017 at 01:32 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I was a little underwhelmed by the meeting between the two teams. It feels a little too early, and we didn't get to really see the group mesh, bond, or whatever before they all moved on with the plot. Just the Team's confronting each other angrily for "reasons" and the teams' counterparts having one-panel conversations with each other.

We didn't even get any insight onto whether Kori's Titans history is restored, which is what I was really hoping for out of this. Or at least more on the Titans' history and how Judas Contract happened then what we're getting so far.

Donna throttling Damian was kind of satisfying though .

It sounds like both Kori and Donna are going to challenge the leadership of their respective teams in the future. I guess it was nice to have them say at least one line to each other .

Kori challenging leadership would be fine, but I wouldn'tt let this Donna lead a kindergarten class. She shouldn't be challenging anything.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I hate that they gave focus to THAT character. That's not contradictory at all.
    "Oh no a character I don't like is give time for character development. I rather he gets nothing and barely contributes to the storyline so I can hate him for that instead.."

Ok you don't like nuWally, quit beating around the bush and just say it. But it's better that he gets some development rather than nothing.
    Last edited by AquaLantern; 05-19-2017 at 05:46 AM.