Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Incredible Member Uncanny Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    is it just me or the art is actually improving?
    Don't know, but I do miss JonBoy on art.
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 05-19-2017 at 09:17 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    LOL you're not even reading my posts. Im not pretending to like Nu Wally, I even said at the beginning of the last one that I don't like him. Of course you'd know that if you actually read it.

I don't mind people being assertive or confrontational with me, but being misrepresented like that is really annoying. Stop it.

Good, at least you admit to not liking him, therefore making the claims against Nu Wally moot. Good to know.

Incredible Member Uncanny Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm not reading this and from the sound of the posts here I'm extremely glad I'm sitting it out but I really hate how Teen Titans was once again dragged into poorly thought out and unnecessary crossover when the book and team have barely started to gell. They pulled this crap over and over with the N52 book and now it looks likes they're repeating that same mistake. Its so frustrating. If they needed to use certain characters they could have simply used them without derailing the book.
    If you think that's bad, try reading Priest's excellent Deathstroke book and the great Twilight arc he just did, and then read this crossover right after it. Slade goes from being a complex, multilayered character who transcends just being a standard DC villain, to the simplistic, hamfisted way he was portrayed in Part 1 and 2 of Lazarus Contract. I shutter to think how having it crossover into Deathstroke's book---which is probably the best and most consistent yet most underrated Rebirth book out there---will derail the flow of things and distrupt the awesome storytelling and character building that Priest has been doing every issue.
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 05-19-2017 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    sorry but this lillith is terrible. you can't even see her under all those dirty blankets. give her a personality and a fashion rescue and then lets talk
    Half of superhero community (including Starfire) have terrible fashion sense, I dunno why it's even an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I am reading this, but what you said here is exactly what I was thinking when this crossover was announced. IMO, especially for a team book, a book shouldn't get pulled into a crossover until at least a year in. OK, Titans has had almost a year and several stories, along with having some of their history supposedly restored...but with the Teen Titans, they've had two stories (One of which wasn't even focused on the team's dynamics), and for the most part we didn't even have an idea of what the relationship between most of these characters was going into this. And now, according to solicits, NuWally is already gonna be leaving the team. Now I'm not upset about that in its own, but its a bad sign when you're shaking up a team's roster after less than a year.
    At first this was just going to be a crossover between Titans and Deathstroke and in the end I think it will turn out that maybe it would have been a stronger crossover if they had just stuck to that. If they really needed Wally II or any other character being used over in Teen Titans they could have simply had them guest star instead. I'll be very happy when its over and done with so we can get back on track again. I'm really looking forward to the next TT arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    If you think that's bad, try reading Priest's excellent Deathstroke book and the great Twilight arc he just did, and then read this crossover right after it. Slade goes from being a complex, multilayered character who transcends just being a standard DC villain, to the simplistic, hamfisted way he was portrayed in Part 1 and 2 of Lazarus Contract. I shutter to think how having it crossover into Deathstroke's book---which is probably the best and most consistent yet most underrated Rebirth book out there---will derail the flow of things and distrupt the awesome storytelling and character building that Priest has been doing every issue.
    Honestly it's not just Deathstroke who is being written poorly in those two issues. Try reading the last arc of Nightwing that featured Dick and Damian and then reading this crossover. You'll feel the same way about Dick and Damian. Perhaps Priest will somehow salvage this one since I keep hearing good things about his Deathstroke run but this is really a subpar crossover thus far on so many levels its not funny.

Also as a side note I love your avatar. Rogue is one of my favorites.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 05-19-2017 at 09:57 AM.

Aftershock: Alters/Eleanor and the Egret/Rough Riders
    Dark Horse: Rebels
    DC: Action/Batman/Batman Beyond/BoP/Blue Beetle/Bug/DoomPatrol/Flash/Gotham Academy/GLS/JLA/Kamandi Challenge/Mother Panic/New Super-Man/Nightwing/RHATO/Shade:TCG/Supergirl/Superman/Super Sons/Teen Titans/Trinity/Wild Storm
    Image: Invincible, Monstress
    Oni: Angel City
    Valiant: Britannia/Faith/Ninjak/X-O Manowar
    Manga: Blue Exorcist/Devil's Line/My Hero Academia

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Half of superhero community (including Starfire) have terrible fashion sense, I dunno why it's even an issue.
    half the superhero community arent doing bad ragman cosplay and at least you can see them. she may as well be a big green ghost

let's do a team swap. we will take starfire for the titans in exchange for lillith to to teen titans. donna and kory need to focus on rebuilding their friendship.
    I support this

sorry but this lillith is terrible. you can't even see her under all those dirty blankets. give her a personality and a fashion rescue and then lets talk
    No this Lilith is the best we got in many years and I will enjoy every moment with her. If your only argument is her "horrible" fashion then this discussion is over because I can't take you serious.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    No this Lilith is the best we got in many years and I will enjoy every moment with her. If your only argument is her "horrible" fashion then this discussion is over because I can't take you serious.
    her horrible fashion is only half the problem!

it's also her complete lack of personality. they've turned her into some knock-off jean grey lite when you can actually see her face, and even during those moments she's used as the team telephone (at best!) and not much else.

i don't know how you can seriously consider yourself a fan of lillith and be ok with this take on her character. she's a demigod for pete's sake! and she's been reduced to some wretched girl hidden behind a bunch of cloth and playing phone operator for the team. it's disgraceful if you ask me

her horrible fashion is only half the problem!

it's also her complete lack of personality. they've turned her into some knock-off jean grey lite when you can actually see her face, and even during those moments she's used as the team telephone (at best!) and not much else.

i don't know how you can seriously consider yourself a fan of lillith and be ok with this take on her character. she's a demigod for pete's sake! and she's been reduced to some wretched girl hidden behind a bunch of cloth and playing phone operator for the team. it's disgraceful if you ask me
    Well I'm not the one who is asking for her to be switched, no need to worry about me being a good fan or not. Lilith has a long story of horrible stories, she was gone for a long time as well. The team is still trying to collect their lost memories and working on their powers. Abnett has been writing her very well and I approve his approach of the character. No idea how you can say she lacks personality, she is one of the best developed Titans right now. If you want to talk about disgraceful take the New 52 Tim as example.

LoL, Lilith is a bore. I'd take Starfire over Lilith easy. Hell i'd even take Raven.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-19-2017 at 11:16 AM.

I don't think we should be wanting any new additions to Titans until Abnett is gone. He's not very good at writing the team. His take on Starfire would probably be an angry control freak with a lack of common sense.
    I'm on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/Atlanta962

And YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/false314

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Well I'm not the one who is asking for her to be switched, no need to worry about me being a good fan or not. Lilith has a long story of horrible stories, she was gone for a long time as well. The team is still trying to collect their lost memories and working on their powers. Abnett has been writing her very well and I approve his approach of the character. No idea how you can say she lacks personality, she is one of the best developed Titans right now. If you want to talk about disgraceful take the New 52 Tim as example.

if that's true, then what exactly has she done since this book started? nothing. what are her motivations? has she had a single story or arc (or even scene) dedicated to just her? no, at best she is facilitating everyone else's story. i don't know how you can call that "writing her very well" unless you are that desperate to see her appear somewhere. me personally, i'm sick of it, and she deserves better than she's been treated so far

Incredible Member

Yep even when the book stopped focusing on Wally, Abnett's character work hasn't improved. Everyone on the Titans team is generic. The last Nightwing had a better showing of Dick and Wally together than this entire run so far. Also I am holding out hope that Priest can fix this lame crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    LoL, Lilith is a bore. I'd take Starfire over Lilith easy. Hell i'd even take Raven.
    Agreed. I don't really care about Lilith, though I don't hate her. Imo her role was similar to what Raven had on NTT.

But then again I don't mind.