Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Isn't Nightwing getting kicked off the team now that Donna is going to be the new leader? It ain't easy getting canned after over half a century of being the Titans' leader.
    Kicked out or just challenged? Either way it would be a terrible idea.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Isn't Nightwing getting kicked off the team now that Donna is going to be the new leader? It ain't easy getting canned after over half a century of being the Titans' leader.
    That already sounds dumb and contrived. Why the hell would anyone want this Donna or even listen to her? I mean I would'nt be surprised but she shows like no leadership skill at all. I'm curious how that story line would go though.

Ultimate Member

I wouldn't be at all opposed to the JL swooping in and pinching Raven, Garfield and/or Kori from Titans/Teen Titans... to me it would just be about damn time at least two of them start being on other teams and meeting other people than the same bunch over and over. Also it would finally force the TT writer to come up with a new generation of Titans that fits the time and team rather than desperately seeking legitimacy by attaching one or more of those old characters.
    As for the JL, it's wouldn't even be that strange for them to do so when they've had far stranger choices... like Jessica and Simon were complete newbies and they were added, as was Firestorm. And perhaps most importantly, Raven, Garfield and Kori are not just younger versions of any of the League members and have not been mentored by them in any way... so whats the problem?

Regarding a change in Titan leadership, I get why Kori would and should replace the Teen Tyrant. But I don't get why Donna should or even could replace Nightwing as the leader of the Titans... because right now I wouldn't trust her with leading a group of kids through a supermarket.

It's worth mentioning that Donna lead the Titans when Dick and Wally left in the Wolfmann run.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    It's worth mentioning that Donna lead the Titans when Dick and Wally left in the Wolfmann run.
    And it was an utter disaster because it featured Hawk, Dove and Jason Todd and no one could function as a team.

And when Donna went to talk some sense into Dick, who was spiraling over the death of Jason at the time, he laid it on thick how bad her leadership had been before he stormed off to find Raven who had been missing since Trigon's last visit. And that Donna had done nothing about it despite Arella having approached them to help find her.

Last edited by Outside_85; 05-20-2017 at 05:39 AM.

Deathstroke seems to be acting... odd. He honestly acts and talks more like he did when he was posing as a superhero during Twighlight than he does himself. I'm starting think that resurrecting Grant is not his real objective and that Deathstroke has an ulterior motive here.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batdog?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Deathstroke seems to be acting... odd. He honestly acts and talks more like he did when he was posing as a superhero during Twighlight than he does himself. I'm starting think that resurrecting Grant is not his real objective and that Deathstroke has an ulterior motive here.
    He sounds like a stranger trying to give me candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    He sounds like a stranger trying to give me candy.
    Good ol Slade.

Spectacular Member Earth-2 Refugee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Remember when Superheroes used to have files on all their villains that they could just show new members? Weren't those the days .
    I remember Superboy in Young Justice: Invasion, "Freshmen never do the homework."

I didn't find Monster Men or Button very interesting, but I can ignore them and rest of the King's run works with little problems. Here Deathstroke ends on cliffhanger that leads into this and supposedly Deathstroke gets new direction that will be based on the finale of the crossover. Thematically Priest was also building towards something similar in his run. Basically this means that I can't ignore it since it is vital to what Priest is doing with Deathstroke.

And it just isn't good so far. It feels like very contrived storyline where bunch of things happen because they have to happen. Lots of characters, they get barely any interactions or things to do asides of being wallpapers. My head still hurts when I see two versions of Wally on the same page. I also love how there is secret camera in Robin suits and Batman has kept tapes and this is first time (probably) it is mentioned in 50 years. Best part is that this secret camera conveniently shows only the part where Dick makes a deal with Deathstroke, but doesn't show what the actual deal is. Dick obviously doesn't feel like he needs to explain it either because he probably knows better, it is as if he was replaced by Batman here.

I really hope that Priest manages, somehow, steer the ship in next issue or this will damage his run.

Incredible Member Lady Nightwing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I didn't find Monster Men or Button very interesting, but I can ignore them and rest of the King's run works with little problems. Here Deathstroke ends on cliffhanger that leads into this and supposedly Deathstroke gets new direction that will be based on the finale of the crossover. Thematically Priest was also building towards something similar in his run. Basically this means that I can't ignore it since it is vital to what Priest is doing with Deathstroke.

And it just isn't good so far. It feels like very contrived storyline where bunch of things happen because they have to happen. Lots of characters, they get barely any interactions or things to do asides of being wallpapers. My head still hurts when I see two versions of Wally on the same page. I also love how there is secret camera in Robin suits and Batman has kept tapes and this is first time (probably) it is mentioned in 50 years. Best part is that this secret camera conveniently shows only the part where Dick makes a deal with Deathstroke, but doesn't show what the actual deal is. Dick obviously doesn't feel like he needs to explain it either because he probably knows better, it is as if he was replaced by Batman here.

I really hope that Priest manages, somehow, steer the ship in next issue or this will damage his run.
    I agree with all of this (with the exception of the two Wallys.) Priests run on Deathstroke has been phenomenal, it has a really tight and cohesive storyline and this event is a really weak jumping off point for the new arc. I doubt that the Deathstroke issue can salvage this crossover either.

As for the bolded part, something about that scene bothered me but I couldn't but my finger on it, you nailed it. The whole thing just seems really contrived when you see it written down in black and white.