Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Personally, I came to see him as some kind of Turk in Frank Miller's DD instead of simply a joke (Not that there's a big difference), especially since he may be the protagonist of an upcoming issue in The War Of Jokes And Riddles
    The problem is that he's pretty much capable of like two lines every issue. I guess I should say that I've tired of the HELL YEAH's.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batdog?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

A one-and-done tale is refreshing! The art was wonderful. Often an issue long duo-tone colour scheme may tick me off but here it changed from scene to scene and the color choices evoked very well. The afternoon tea sequence was brilliant. The minor role afforded the D-List Batman Rogue, Kite-man, worked well too. The story had some kinks but overall it made use of an B-List guest hero, Swamp Thing, as cleverly as the neat title choice THE BRAVE AND THE MOLD.

Did we know Alec had 2 dads? Was that a lucky tuber this dad had laying around on his apartment table? Can Swampy 'tele-project' himself into any organic substance even if it is not connected to the Earth?

It was a thought provoking effort to interpret this Worldview of The Green through Alec. Shades of an A.I. Worldview through Marvel's The Vision but that was 12 issues of mindframe growth and this was noticably squeezed -a bit... inadequately(?)- into 1. In the end how is Swampy's showing any different from a supervillain Batman would forever pledge to hunt down? He killed a man against the Law for his terra-ist beliefs!

tumblr_oq09ccq2p71ub18gfo6_250.jpg

Honestly, I didn't like this issue as much as I thought I would. I know a lot of people thought it was great but it just didn't do anything for me for whatever reason. In fact I thought it was a bit dry and dull even. For me it was probably the worst single issue King has written but that's just my opinion. The art was brilliant though.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 05-19-2017 at 04:27 PM.

Aftershock: Alters/Eleanor and the Egret/Rough Riders
    Dark Horse: Rebels
    DC: Action/Batman/Batman Beyond/BoP/Blue Beetle/Bug/DoomPatrol/Flash/Gotham Academy/GLS/JLA/Kamandi Challenge/Mother Panic/New Super-Man/Nightwing/RHATO/Shade:TCG/Supergirl/Superman/Super Sons/Teen Titans/Trinity/Wild Storm
    Image: Invincible, Monstress
    Oni: Angel City
    Valiant: Britannia/Faith/Ninjak/X-O Manowar
    Manga: Blue Exorcist/Devil's Line/My Hero Academia

Fantastic Member

Can anyone clear up the status of Alec Holland for me?

Is he still intended to have always been a plant, from Moore's run, or was it revealed that he truly was the human Alec at one point in life?

If I'm not mistaken current version is supposed to be real Alec, Moore's version was briefly shown during Snyder's run and IIRC Soule's Futures End one-shot.

As for the issue, good stuff. Yet it is weird that some people still complain about Batman being emotional about his parents when that has been central theme of entire run so far. You'd think that people would manage to understand that after 20 issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Can anyone clear up the status of Alec Holland for me?

Is he still intended to have always been a plant, from Moore's run, or was it revealed that he truly was the human Alec at one point in life?
    Alec Holland as Swamp Thing was restored at the end of Brightest Day, and I believe that's been consistent since.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Alec Holland as Swamp Thing was restored at the end of Brightest Day, and I believe that's been consistent since.
    I appreciate both replies, friends.

But can anyone clear it up further? Does this mean that the Alan Moore Swampy is from a different dimension than our currernt one? Or was our Alan Moore Swampy turned into some type of Alec Hollan hybrid? I know it has to be some crisis-related mumbo jumbo but can anyone help me out further? Much appreciated.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I appreciate both replies, friends.

But can anyone clear it up further? Does this mean that the Alan Moore Swampy is from a different dimension than our currernt one? Or was our Alan Moore Swampy turned into some type of Alec Hollan hybrid? I know it has to be some crisis

EDIT: nvm, but thank's anyways. For anyone else wondering, here's the wiki post:

The conclusion of the series Brightest Day revealed that Swamp Thing had become corrupted by the personality of the villain Nekron in the wake of the Blackest Night crossover.[12] Swamp Thing now believed himself to be Nekron, similar to how he had once believed himself to be Alec Holland. Swamp Thing went on a rampage in Star City, ultimately seeking to destroy all life on Earth. The Entity within the White Lantern used several heroes, including Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Firestorm, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman and Deadman to slow the rampage and to construct a new Swamp Thing based on the body of Alec Holland. Instead of merely thinking it was Holland, this version of Swamp Thing would actually be him. The new Swamp Thing defeated and killed the corrupted and original Swamp Thing. Swamp Thing then restored life to natural areas around the world and declared that those who hurt "The Green" would face his wrath. He also restored Aquaman, Firestorm, Hawkman, and Martian Manhunter to normal. The book ended with Swamp Thing killing several businessmen who engaged in deliberate, illegal polluting activities.

EDIT 2: Sorry for the double post. Forum wouldn't allow me to edit my post for some reason.