Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 230
  1. #181
    Mighty Member KrustyKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Oh boy, a miniseries. 20+ years of successful ongoing series and if he's lucky, he might get a mini. Maybe if he's really lucky he can guest star in the Duke Thomas solo book.
    A mini would be a great start. The main problem with New-52 Tim is that he had no real backstory/development outside of being a leader for the TT. It would also help if Tim, if part of another team book, is limited to no more than four characters. That would leave room for character growth/more focus. Of course he could still be part of the tec team as well. Though at this point I am convinced Tim getting a solo series days are over. So that's probably not an option, unless demand for something like that is warranted later down the line.

    Speaking of absent characters, where the heck is Shazam these days?

  2. #182
    Astonishing Member sakuyamons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    2,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    A mini would be a great start. The main problem with New-52 Tim is that he had no real backstory/development outside of being a leader for the TT. It would also help if Tim, if part of another team book, is limited to no more than four characters. That would leave room for character growth/more focus. Of course he could still be part of the tec team as well. Though at this point I am convinced Tim getting a solo series days are over. So that's probably not an option, unless demand for something like that is warranted later down the line.

    Speaking of absent characters, where the heck is Shazam these days?
    Shazam is on limbo still.

    Though I haven't lost hope of a Red Robin title.

  3. #183
    Mighty Member KrustyKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Shazam is on limbo still.

    Though I haven't lost hope of a Red Robin title.
    I thought that much. I haven't heard or seen anything with Shazam in it lately. Hopefully we see him and his crew soon.

    If interest is built for Tim in the coming years, then I could see a possible solo. But as of now that is unlikely. A mini series however is very possible.

  4. #184
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Oh boy, a miniseries. 20+ years of successful ongoing series and if he's lucky, he might get a mini. Maybe if he's really lucky he can guest star in the Duke Thomas solo book.
    By that time, there will be a new Snyder "fan-favorite" and Duke will have been shuffled off to Limbo--or starring in his own line of books.

  5. #185
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    6,150

    Default

    It's telling that DC would rather give Batwoman, Duke Thomas and half a dozen unproven new characters solo books than Tim. Nothing against Batwoman but the priorities are way off. And if they were using this time to build Tim back up to solo status that would be one thing, but they aren't.

  6. #186
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    5,916

    Default

    Honestly though, what's Red Robin's market potential? They probably see Batwoman and Duke Thomas as at least having the potential to maybe tap other and different kinds of markets. Even if they aren't necessarily right away hits when it comes to floppy numbers.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-20-2017 at 06:01 PM.

  7. #187
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    6,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Honestly though, what's Red Robin's market potential? They probably see Batwoman and Duke Thomas as at least having the potential to maybe tap other and different kinds of markets. Even if they aren't necessarily right away hits when it comes to floppy numbers.
    That argument becomes moot when you consider that Tim has had more successful books than both Kate and Duke. Even that awful Batman Beyond starring Tim outsold We Are Robin for the most part. Red Robin the series was on par with New 52 BW and outsold her current run. Calling Tim the least marketable out of those characters is ludicrous, there is zero evidence to back it up.

  8. #188
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    5,916

    Default

    I didn't say Tim was the least marketable out of those characters, i said they probably see Batwoman and Duke Thomas potentially tapping other and different kinds of markets. Its not just all about floppy numbers anymore, and obviously DC is trying to look for growth in other markets and from different audiences. Its not like Tim pulls in huge numbers or has much going on in other media. What really is Red Robin's market potential that DC priorities are "way off".
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-20-2017 at 07:01 PM.

  9. #189
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    6,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I didn't say Tim was the least marketable out of those characters, i said they probably see Batwoman and Duke Thomas potentially tapping other and different kinds of markets. Its not just all about floppy numbers anymore, and obviously DC is trying to look for growth in other markets and from different audiences. Its not like Tim pulls in huge numbers or has much gong on in other media.
    Well Batwoman's current book isn't taking off and I'll spare you a rant about what a useless and unappealing character Duke is. That may be the reason DC is burying Tim, not wanting another white boy book on the shelves, but it's definitely not a good reason.

  10. #190
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    5,916

    Default

    Its not like they're not gonna try to do something with Tim eventually at some point.

  11. #191
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    6,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Its not like they're not gonna try to do something with Tim eventually at some point.
    LOL, yeah. If we're lucky he might get a mini-series.

  12. #192
    Astonishing Member FishyZombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    I don't care for screen rant and their articles. They tend to be really unprofessional and have a bunch of errors compared to similar sites. But here is a decent one.
    http://screenrant.com/forgotten-comi...ith-vengeance/
    Sometimes a little time in limbo is a good thing. Many of these characters benefited from being put to the side. Tim as he stands now, doesn't really have any reason to exist. I think it's better that he quietly disappear until the right writer comes along with the right pitch, than just keeping him around as is.

  13. #193
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    6,150

    Default

    Thats BS. Tim will never be under the circumstances that made Barry Allen and some of those other characters so popular after their disappearance. He's not going to be in a movie, or TV, he's not the iconic Robin, no one in all of DC Entertainment cares about him except for one comic book writer, he's 100% screwed and some time in limbo isn't going to change that.
    Last edited by Atlanta96; 05-21-2017 at 12:07 AM.

  14. #194
    Astonishing Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,331

    Default

    Personally I hope he becomes Duke's Robin.

  15. #195
    Incredible Member PowerWing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Personally I hope he becomes Duke's Robin.
    OH NOO HE DIDN'T!!! it's...oon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •