Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I liked the subway system bragging! I still think the kind of nerd Tim is has to be updated to keep up with the times. The kinds of thing Tim was doing in the 90s was, maybe not quite as fantastical as the stuff he does with Subways and self repairing buildings, but it wasn't normal geek stuff, I don't think.
    I think it's the bragging bit that throws it off. Maybe a more natural line would have been something like "I, uh, had a lot of time on my hands. Stuff happens."
    "There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."
    -C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Sorry, but there honestly isn't a single part of this idea I like at all.

Future's End and pretty much everything tied to it was garbage, Tim becoming Batman Beyond I found absolutely dumb, having him REPLACE the real Tim for any long period of time would be insufferable, when it comes to mixing characters I think it should at this point be all or nothing; have Superman be the only one to get that treatment, or let it happen with EVERYONE, taking Batman Beyond out of the future loses half the appeal, and whereas I believe classic Tim to be just as worthy of being "THE" Batman as Dick (That is to say, tied for 2nd), I don't think Future's End Tim or NuTim are worthy of anything.
    I liked Batgirl's Future's End.

I have personally never cared for the Beyond verse, and I'd actually like Tim to get his old personality back, I think that he should be the Batfamily's Detective besides Bruce, because...it's not like the others actually do detective work these days. Maybe he should actually leave Gotham as well, since everyone is away from it .

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post

I have personally never cared for the Beyond verse, and I'd actually like Tim to get his old personality back, I think that he should be the Batfamily's Detective besides Bruce, because...it's not like the others actually do detective work these days. Maybe he should actually leave Gotham as well, since everyone is away from it .
    Batgirl's Future's End was ok...but it really felt like a tease at the time regarding Cass. Maybe it's worth a re-visit.

Outside of the cartoon, yeah, I don't think the Beyond universe, or Terry for that matter, has ever been interesting or likable. And yeah, I keep saying a college set detective book for Tim would be the best solution. Keeping him in Gotham is optional.
    Last edited by unclepulky; 05-21-2017 at 04:13 PM.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

"Im Mary Poppins Yall!" Aioros22's Avatar

I liked Red Hood`s Future's End.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Me too, but for Steph and Cass. The Babs plot was ridiculous and made no sense.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I liked both. And I would prfer if the would go for the batgirl team over the current Burnside Batgirl and maybe even over Birds of Prey (which is still kind of a pale imitation of the original series).

Incredible Member Lady Nightwing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Grayson Future's End was amazing. It's one of my favourite issues of Grayson overall.

Back to Tim though. I genuinely think Tim might get a little momentum when he returns from Oz's prison. There will probably be loads of examples of his family being delighted he's back then he's the main focus of the next arc in Tec...and that's about it. Maybe a mini, if Tim fans are lucky. I don't see them bringing the old everyman Tim back though. I can see them trying to force the cyber wizard, magic button using Tim into being an everyman character as well because Tynion was kind of doing that already. Seriously why would NuTim need to go to college? Unless it was to teach or something, I dunno.

What I'd like to happen is NuTim dies in Oz's prison. The old Tim pops out of the Multiverse. Everyone accepts this with minimal hand wringing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Back to Tim though. I genuinely think Tim might get a little momentum when he returns from Oz's prison. There will probably be loads of examples of his family being delighted he's back then he's the main focus of the next arc in Tec...and that's about it. Maybe a mini, if Tim fans are lucky.
    If they really want keep him relevant they need to give him a series where he is the clear lead when he comes back.

Grayson Future's End was amazing. It's one of my favourite issues of Grayson overall.
    But it wasn't really a new direction and nor something where I have the feeling that this would be a cool direction for a new series (that is not necessary connected to futures end). While I would really like to get a darker Red Hood series with a similar tone that the futures end issue had, and a Batgirl team could also be fun.

All-New Member

Agreed, it's the best one.

What I'd like to happen is NuTim dies in Oz's prison. The old Tim pops out of the Multiverse. Every one accepts this with minimal hand wringing.
    10+

And kill the other Nu!YJ4 characters while we are at it and Old Tim comes back wondering why everyone is younger

10+

And kill the other Nu!YJ4 characters while we are at it and Old Tim comes back wondering why everyone is younger
    Sounds good to me. Also a new YJ book makes sense with season 3 coming out.

I don't know, realistically, if there's a market for so many team books though. My hatred of NuTim might be getting out of hand. If a new YJ book launched it would have to compete with Teen Titans, Titans, Batgirl BOP, Tec and Super Sons.

Sounds good to me. Also a new YJ book makes sense with season 3 coming out.

I don't know, realistically, if there's a market for so many team books though. My hatred of NuTim might be getting out of hand. If a new YJ book launched it would have to compete with Teen Titans, Titans, Batgirl BOP, Tec and Super Sons.
    And RHATO.

But I believe that as long the book has following – which would definitely have, it should do just fine.

Hell, maybe they could cancel the JL book with Lobo (!) on it and give me a YJ book

And RHATO.

But I believe that as long the book has following – which would definitely have, it should do just fine.

Hell, maybe they could cancel the JL book with Lobo (!) on it and give me a YJ book
    Whoops poor Jason, I always forget about him. you have a snowball's chance of them cancelling a JL book with Batman but your optimism is refreshing BatBOP is closest to circling the drain, I think.