Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

As long as DC insists on creating new Robins (don't for a minute think Damien is the last) every Robin other than Dick is eventually going to get marginalized to some degree. There are so many Bat supporting characters that only the newer hot characters are going to have room for page time.

So where do I see Tim in a year? Well I'm gonna say 2 or 3 years....unfortunately I see him as the new evil Robin or dead probably. Jason has been rehabilitated enough that the "Bad Boy Robin" role is free right now.
    Last edited by Grim Ghost; 07-01-2017 at 01:13 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    As long as DC insists on creating new Robins (don't for a minute think Damien is the last) every Robin other than Dick is eventually going to get marginalized to some degree. There are so many Bat supporting characters that only the newer hot characters are going to have room for page time.

So where do I see Tim in a year? Well I'm gonna say 2 or 3 years....unfortunately I see him as the new evil Robin or dead probably. Jason has been rehabilitated enough that the "Bad Boy Robin" role is free right now.
    Even after a new Robin is introduced, Batman won't be in his mid 40s. If DC won't allow the established ones to grow up and move aside someone else will be marginalized. The Bat office also needs to stop adding more members in the Bat family. The Bat family is already too big.

I don't think Damian will be marginalized. He is the blood son of Batman, and that's enough to carry him. Except if DC turns him evil then they really went to the deep end.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Even after a new Robin is introduced, Batman won't be in his mid 40s. If DC won't allow the established ones to grow up and move aside someone else will be marginalized. The Bat office also needs to stop adding more members in the Bat family. The Bat family is already too big.
    Especially if they do it at the rate, they did it in the last years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Especially if they do it at the rate, they did it in the last years.
    If Damian ends up as Robin even for as long as Tim had the role, we'll have a new Robin in 12 years. And we all know there will be at least a couple more new additions to the BatFam in that time.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

Please refer to me with gender neutral pronouns.

I hope for a Tim/Steph book, where they go away to college and maybe fight some crime on the side, dealing with Tim's feelings post imprisonment and working out Steph's issues with the Bat way of doing things. Or perhaps Spoiler, Tim and Cassie moving to the Birds of Prey would be a good move for character development. Tim could, in theory want to move away from a field position to focus on college, freeing him up to become Oracle (I don't hate the new Oracle, but I do feel the same way about him as I do about Duke - Introducing new characters when you have proven and tested characters sitting right there doing nothing is very annoying).

I think we will see this get played out in the pages of 'Tec instead, with Tim not being allowed to go to college, because Status Quo is king, even when it isn't (Tim is not allowed to develop, even though the ever expanding family means if he doesn't develop he gets sidelined)

I fear we will see Nightwing booted from the Titans spoilers:
    because he is a mean nasty H.I.V.E. agent, honest
    end of spoilers and Tim will take over Dick's place in that team, even though there is little reason for him to do so. I don't think this is as likely as the previous option, but itis the one that haunts my dreams