Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Well, they decided to add Magneto to the next X-Men movie...

Stupid producers decided to shoehorn Magneto into the Dark Phoenix movie. Idiots can't get a clue...

And that's bad why ?.

Thank god for that. Do you really think James McAvoy and these teenybopper X-Men can carry the franchise?

Now I'm a little excited for it.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 05-15-2017 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    And that's bad why ?.
    Because he's already in every X-Men team movie, taking up large amount of screentime that could be given to others that desperately needs it. He's been flipflopping since X2 between villain and hero. His backstory has been told. We've seen him loose his family thrice. He needs a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Thank god for that. Do you really think James McAvoy and these teenybopper X-Men can carry the franchise?

Now I'm a little excited for it.
    This exact thought process is the problem in this franchise. Can't make one goddamm movie without Prof. X, Magneto or Wolverine. You know the most commercially successful movie in XCU was the one where none of those three showed up.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 05-16-2017 at 12:14 AM.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Because he's already in every X-Men team movie, taking up large amount of screentime that could be given to others that desperately needs it. He's been flipflopping since X2 between villain and hero. His backstory has been told. We've seen his family die thrice. He needs a break.

This exact thought process is the problem in this franchise. Can't make one goddamm movie without Prof. X, Magneto or Wolverine. You know the most commercially successful movie in XCU was the one where none of those three showed up.
    Great point. Deadpool should be the lead of this movie.

Because he's already in every X-Men team movie, taking up large amount of screentime that could be given to others that desperately needs it. He's been flipflopping since X2 between villain and hero. His backstory has been told. We've seen his family die thrice. He needs a break.
    Yes, and he's one the best things about these movies. Why not give him less screen time and move him in a different direction? Seems better than completely ignoring his existence.

The absence of those three characters had nothing to do with Deadpool's success.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 05-16-2017 at 12:29 AM.

Now Magneto can become true Dark Phoenix or maybe Jennifer Lawrence will be better choice to replace Jean?

Yes, and he's one the best things about these movies. Why not give him less screen time and move him in a different direction? Seems better than completely ignoring his existence.
    True. But in Apocalypse, he's at his lowest and least interesting. Giving him less screentime may or may not work. I still don't see his relevance in DPS. And not including him doesn't mean his existence is ignored.

The absence of those three characters had nothing to do with Deadpool's success.
    True. What I mean is X-Men can survive one movie without Wolverine, Prof. X and Magneto.
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Astonishing Member

If those characters would be in the movie... Deadpool would be weaker.

Purplevit
    Now Magneto can become true Dark Phoenix or maybe Jennifer Lawrence will be better choice to replace Jean?
    Yeah... "Great" idea
    but maybe after this we would have reboot? It would be really great
    Favorite Comics:
    Uncanny Avengers vol 3, All New Wolverine, Deadpool, Mighty Thor
    Astonishing X-men

If this is true, then yea, it looks more and more like Fox still doesn't have a clue. Probably going to skip it if we get the same old tired song as the former trilogy.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 05-16-2017 at 12:55 AM.

True. But in Apocalypse, he's at his lowest and least interesting. Giving him less screentime may or may not work. I still don't see his relevance in DPS. And not including him doesn't mean his existence is ignored.
    We don't know the details, but I think it's safe to assume Jean will go Dark Phoenix and the X-Men will have to stop/save her. On the one hand, it'd be nice to see the X-Men solve this on their own. On the other hand, why wouldn't Xavier get Erik, one of the most powerful mutants(and his boyfriend), to help? Obviously I don't know how things will play out, but I think they should at least acknowledge him. Most people enjoy the character and Fassbender is a box office draw.

True. What I mean is X-Men can survive one movie without Wolverine, Prof. X and Magneto.
    Can they? Deadpool isn't an X-Men movie, so I don't think it's the best example. The other critically and commercially successful X-Men movies feature Xavier and Magneto heavily. We don't know if these young X-Men are enough, and evidently neither do the filmmakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    If those characters would be in the movie... Deadpool would be weaker.
    Xavier, Magneto, and Wolverine generally have little to do with Deadpool. Of course their inclusion would've hurt the movie. The reverse it true as well. If Deadpool showed up in Days of Future Past with his wacky antics, the movie would have suffered.

We don't know the details, but I think it's safe to assume Jean will go Dark Phoenix and the X-Men will have to stop/save her. On the one hand, it'd be nice to see the X-Men solve this on their own. On the other hand, why wouldn't Xavier get Erik, one of the most powerful mutants(and his boyfriend), to help? Obviously I don't know how things will play out, but I think they should at least acknowledge him. Most people enjoy the character and Fassbender is a box office draw.
    No, he isn't. Neither is J-Law, or Hugh Jackman, or Chris Pratt, or even RDJ. This delusion that hollywood has that just because some actors have few successful movies suddenly makes them box office draw needs to go away. Even Tom Cruise can't pull in audiences with his name alone anymore. It's the franchise that's the box office draw, and characters.

Can they? Deadpool isn't an X-Men movie, so I don't think it's the best example. The other critically and commercially successful X-Men movies feature Xavier and Magneto heavily. We don't know if these young X-Men are enough, and evidently neither do the filmmakers.
    If they can't then that means Fox has failed, spectacularly.

Astonishing Member

Xavier, Magneto, and Wolverine generally have little to do with Deadpool. Of course their inclusion would've hurt the movie. The reverse it true as well. If Deadpool showed up in Days of Future Past with his wacky antics, the movie would have suffered.
    That's true.
    It doesn't change the fact that Magneto and Xavier once again hurt X-men movies. XCU is still in year 2000.
    Most people enjoy the character and Fassbender is a box office draw
    like Scarlett Johansson and ghost in the shell?
    franchise is more important.
    if most means less than earlier than yes... it would be stupid to watch xcu movies because of x-men. People who like them already left.:P
    Please tell me more why Fox is weak
    Favorite Comics:
    Uncanny Avengers vol 3, All New Wolverine, Deadpool, Mighty Thor
    Astonishing X-men

Mighty Member

Great news. Thanks for the update. He was the MVP of the last 3 movies.