Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 183
  1. #76
    Fantastic Member jpmst17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    No. Bad writing and focusing on Cyclops messed everything up. Less promotion goes a long way.
    absolutely not. focusing on cyclops didn't ruin anything. x-men sales were pretty decent when he was the lead

  2. #77
    Astonishing Member SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    I love it when people know 100% what the movie is about when it's only literally just been announced.
    Just making educated guesses from history and evidence at hand.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    How to make a good Phoenix movie.

    1. Don't rush into it.
    Kinberg: Let's totally rush into it.
    2. Focus on characters associated with the story and not on whoever the most "popular" actor is.
    Kinberg: Let's focus on JLaw and Fassbender.
    3. Make it about Jean and Cyclops tragic romance.
    Kinberg: Let's make it about the tragic romance btw Xavier and Magneto.
    4. Embrace the fantastical aspects of the movie.
    Kinberg: Aliens? Shiar? Cosmic beings? Nah! People want realism!

    And people wonder why posters are already so skeptical.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

  3. #78
    Astonishing Member DurararaFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,480

    Default

    Nothing in the past 17 years has ever suggested they are capable of featuring Magneto in an only minor way. And he doesn't need to be in this story at all. This doesn't guarantee it'll be a bad movie but I don't see how anyone can be so blind as to say it's an outright good thing they are including Magneto in the story again.

  4. #79
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3,107

    Default

    Yeah Fassbender is a gut punch... Lawrence might be a KO

  5. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Great news. Thanks for the update. He was the MVP of the last 3 movies.
    that's the problem. First it was Wolverine, now it's Magneto.

    Unless he's going to give dark phoenix a cosmic earthquake like in the comics....he shouldn't be the one to "save" her.

    Don't get me wrong I Love Fassey. he's super hot...but do something else besides Xmen & Assassin's Creed.

  6. #81
    "Emma is STILL right! Vegeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    My guess is that if there is no Hellfire Club in this film then it will be Magneto who turns Phoenix to the dark side. (Similar to the much hated, but financially successful "X3.") Either that or they are going to go the Grant Morrison route and have Magneto (yes, I know it was actually "Xorn") be the one who kills her.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

  7. #82
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    5,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Don't get me wrong I Love Fassey. he's super hot...but do something else besides Xmen & Assassin's Creed.
    He does make a lot of festival circuit films. However, I think he really wants to have at least one blockbuster franchise. He thought he could leave X-Men for AC but we know how that turned out.

    After Assassin's Creed being KO'd critically and financially, I don't think other studios are lining up to feature him in tentpoles. So return to X-Men it is. Still think this thread is an overreaction though and his screentime and significance isn't all that.

  8. #83
    Incredible Member TheRealWashout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    644

    Default

    So Dark Phoenix will seem like the main villain until Magneto suddenly lifts something heavy at the end? We haven't seen that before.

    But really, I'm not one to fall into the comparison of MCU vs. Fox, but one thing Marvel does well is give lesser known characters the opportunity to be stars. We don't need Wolverine and Magneto for these movies to succeed. We need good movies, but that isn't going to happen any time soon, so I guess we might as well just do the same thing over and over.

  9. #84
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    After Assassin's Creed being KO'd critically and financially, I don't think other studios are lining up to feature him in tentpoles. So return to X-Men it is. Still think this thread is an overreaction though and his screentime and significance isn't all that.

    Sony Email leaks proved what Hollywood really thinks of Fassbender behind the scenes

  10. #85
    Mighty Member Calaigah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Sony Email leaks proved what Hollywood really thinks of Fassbender behind the scenes
    What'd they say?

  11. #86
    Mighty Member Soulsword323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    He does make a lot of festival circuit films. However, I think he really wants to have at least one blockbuster franchise. He thought he could leave X-Men for AC but we know how that turned out.

    After Assassin's Creed being KO'd critically and financially, I don't think other studios are lining up to feature him in tentpoles. So return to X-Men it is. Still think this thread is an overreaction though and his screentime and significance isn't all that.
    It is.

    10char

  12. #87
    Astonishing Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,484

    Default

    I wish they would just let Kinberg do a damned Magneto/Xavier solo movie already so we could actually get an X-Men movie about the X-Men. Kinberg just doesn't get it that people want the characters they grew up loving in the movies in more than just supporting roles. When the X-Men were at their peak in popularity it was not because of Xavier or Magneto. It was Storm, Beast, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Cyclops, Kitty Pryde, Wolverine, Colossus, Gambit, and he rest.

  13. #88
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    And that's bad why ?.
    the fact that you need an explanation says it all.

    Didnt you read Phoenix saga from the comics? or watched X-Men: The last stand? if so... you wouldnt need an answer
    Last edited by Kurt LeBeau; 05-16-2017 at 10:21 AM.

  14. #89
    HAIL SUMMERS dragonmp93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Apocalypse showed that we should excpect this. We will have excatly the same story with the same mistakes.
    And you really do want a possible thing between Rogue and Magneto ?.

    And if anything, Apocalypse is going to go after Jean.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Excatly. X-men movies should be about X-men.
    If you havent noticed; Magneto and Mystique are more X-men than someone like the traitor coward like Beast.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    How to make a good Phoenix movie.

    1. Don't rush into it.
    Kinberg: Let's totally rush into it.
    2. Focus on characters associated with the story and not on whoever the most "popular" actor is.
    Kinberg: Let's focus on JLaw and Fassbender.
    3. Make it about Jean and Cyclops tragic romance.
    Kinberg: Let's make it about the tragic romance btw Xavier and Magneto.
    4. Embrace the fantastical aspects of the movie.
    Kinberg: Aliens? Shiar? Cosmic beings? Nah! People want realism!

    And people wonder why posters are already so skeptical.
    The faster that Jean Grey gets killed a third time; the better and the faster she will be back.
    You know, it's funny that DisMarvel keeps proving that "CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT"; even when he is dead.

  15. #90
    Time Police BishopsJuice91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    VABATL
    Posts
    353

    Default

    I thought the reason for them redoing DFS was to correct the mistakes they made the first go round? And what do we say when this film comes out and it's as bad or worse than Apocalypse? Two failed attempts at the same story, when is enough enough?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •