Default Spider-Man Game recommendations?

I've recently gotten back into Marvel and Spiderman and have collected some old classics like Ultimate Spiderman for PS2, and the SNES game based on the 90's cartoon, as well as Shattered Dimensions and its sequel. Can anyone recommend some Spidey games, also it does not matter if it's a 20 year old or a recently released game.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Spider-Man 2's video game adaption is a pretty easy recommendation, if you haven't played it already .

Edge of Time is also pretty fun, with solid gameplay and a great story by Peter David .

The Amazing Spider-Man game is also pretty good, especially by movie tie-in standards, and much better then the sequel based on ASM2.

⚡ The Scarlet Poster ⚡ Flash Fan #1's Avatar

Spider-Man 2 for the PS2 and XBox is a title you can't go wrong with. It's definitely dated, but it was THE game to play when it launched in '04.

As Frontier mentioned above me, The Amazing Spide-Man which was based off the first Garfield film was suprisingly well done.
    Last edited by Flash Fan #1; 05-16-2017 at 04:42 PM.

BANNED

One of my favorites is the Spider-Man game for PS1 from 2000.

Haven't played it in ages, but that was a damn good game.

Fantastic Member

If you like multiple choices and characters outside of Spider-Man go for Web of Shadows

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    One of my favorites is the Spider-Man game for PS1 from 2000.

Haven't played it in ages, but that was a damn good game.
    Oh, man, that was my jam back in the day. I played that bad boy for what what felt like a thousand times and it never got old.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Fan#1 View Post
    Oh, man, that was my jam back in the day. I played that bad boy for what what felt like a thousand times and it never got old.
    It was a favorite when I was in college, and undoubtedly I should've been studying instead of playing it through for the second time.

Monster Ock--what a fun final boss. Good memories of that game.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

The PS1/N64 game and its sequel are amazing, you should definitely check them out. For old school games, Maximum Carnage is a fun Streets of Rage-style game, though it is quite punishing. Its spiritual successor, Separation Anxiety, has two-player mode and is easier.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    The PS1/N64 game and its sequel are amazing, you should definitely check them out. For old school games, Maximum Carnage is a fun Streets of Rage-style game, though it is quite punishing. Its spiritual successor, Separation Anxiety, has two-player mode and is easier.
    Maximum Carnage is one my favorites, even though I never beat it, lol. I would rent it over and over every couple months convincing myself that I'd have a chance to complete it but never could.

Spidey fans have been blessed with some enjoyable games over the years.

The Spider-Man 2 game was incredible, just like the N64 game before it. Both had enjoyable web-swinging, and Web of Shadows does as well, plus great use of the black suit.

Maximum Carnage is a super-hard but fun sidescroller - I finally beat it as an adult a year or so ago! - but I like the Spider-Man vs. Kingpin game too, and that might be harder yet!

-Pav, who is still waiting for his perfect Spidey game...
    2017 Marvel Monthly Buys: America Ben Reilly: the Scarlet Spider Iron Fist Iron Fists Silver Surfer Spider-Gwen

Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my middle school students! DM for details

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I like the Spider-Man vs. Kingpin game too, and that might be harder yet!
    I liked this one, never did beat the original one. I beat the later version that came out on Sega CD.

I think it's still the only Spider-Man game to date that had you take pictures in-game to sell to the Daily Bugle, to generate money for webbing (did any of the later movie games do this?).

Ultimate Member

Spider-man Shattered Dimensions was a fun treat for fans of Spider-man and it was written by Dan Slott, himself. It's a precursor to Spider-verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Spider-man Shattered Dimensions was a fun treat for fans of Spider-man and it was written by Dan Slott, himself. It's a precursor to Spider-verse.
    And far better then what Spider-Verse ended up being, in my honest opinion .

I'm not the biggest fan of the overall product, but locomotion mechanics in Web of Shadows are a thing of beauty, and it has the best swing kick in any game.
    Ground combat in the main suit is static and underwhelming, expect to be disappointed on that end, even when you fully upgrade your powers.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Please turn off your ad block, ads accompanying my videos are how I earn money