Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Sorry but that defense this purpose. Why do You want a retcon when Diana has always when a new Writer has gone on retcon even a little or a lot of what the previous writer m. We shouldn't let them retcon anything . Diana has suffered to much of reboots and retcons since the post crisis. We can't have that
    As far as the first one, everyone in this thread is talking about doing just that.

As far as the second one, nothing I've read during "Rebirth" has seemed like it was good enough that King's worst work would not be better than it.

Fantastic Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Above all else, WW needs stability. Focus on world building and establishing a status quo.

Amazing Member

I would love for the next writer to continue to build Steve and Etta as characters. Personally, I would love if they could make Etta a lot more lighthearted. I'm not saying she needs to be a walking, talking comedic subplot, but as of right now, I find her dour and not enjoyable at all - at least in the present day storyline. I find her more enjoyable in Year One. I would also like a new design for Etta. Something that isn't so harsh.

This may sound weird, but I would love for the present day storylines to become a lot more fantastical. I'm enjoying the past storylines because they feel a lot more "comic booky." Witches, cyborgs causing catastrophes around the world, mood altering viruses, battles with Gods, etc. It just feels like Diana is a super hero battling the vast forces of evil with her companions. In the present day, it feels a lot more like a military and a lot more grounded. Everyone feels a lot less joyful. I would like for the new writer to bring characterization and more superherioc aspects to the present storylines.

Lastly, I would love to see a big storyline with Dr. Psycho, Duke Deception and Dr. Poison creating some chemical warfare.

Astonishing Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    As far as the first one, everyone in this thread is talking about doing just that.

As far as the second one, nothing I've read during "Rebirth" has seemed like it was good enough that King's worst work would not be better than it.

There are not many people asking for retcons in this thread.

King would be interesting, but wouldn't require any drastic retcons either.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Actually "Require"? Maybe not.

Any halfway decent reason to keep any of it instead of letting King just scrap it and start fresh? Not that I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There are not many people asking for retcons in this thread.

Agreed. No retcons are needed. Anything that Rucka has done this time around that isn't great(i.e. Colonel Poison) can be tweaked down the line. Diana has had too many retcons and reboots in the last 10 years and the majority of them sucked. No need to keep dumping garbage on here now that Rucka has cleaned her up.
    Currently Reading: Aquaman, Batgirl & The Birds of Prey, Green Arrow. Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps, Justice League of America, The Terrifics, Titans, Wonder Woman, & Wonder Woman '77.

Actually "Require"? Maybe not.

Any halfway decent reason to keep any of it instead of letting King just scrap it and start fresh? Not that I've seen.
    You mean besides that people seem to enjoy this run? At least Rucka's changes were made in light of Finch running things into the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You mean besides that people seem to enjoy this run? At least Rucka's changes were made in light of Finch running things into the ground
    If "That People Enjoyed This Run" was reason enough not to make changes, would "Rebirth" even have happened?

As for the run, I'm sticking to that King just starting over would be vastly superior to the sort of "Para-Military Comics(Featuring Wonder Woman)" thing that has happened during what I have read of "Rebirth".

If "That People Enjoyed This Run" was reason enough not to make changes, would "Rebirth" even have happened?

As for the run, I'm sticking to that King just starting over would be vastly superior to the sort of "Para-Military Comics(Featuring Wonder Woman)" thing that has happened during what I have read of "Rebirth".
    The previous run by Finch was not well received. The New 52 failed. That is why Rebirth happened.

And why would King want to start over?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And why would King want to start over?
    Why wouldn't he?

What during "Rebirth" was so well done that he shouldn't just scrap or ignore it? Plenty of the folks who have been discussing the issues have pointed out thinks that didn't really make it to "This Should Be A Foundation."

When it's coming down to quite a few folks in this very thread pointing to that some of Diana's villains could use the work, there is no writer working for DC that comes to mind faster in that regard than King.

Taking that into account, I don't see much of a problem with starting from scratch to do that.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I would give Diana an editor who is not part of the Superman or Batman groups. And make sure that 1) that editor has actually read all of Wonder Woman's history, and likes at least a lot of it (I don't know if anyone could like all of any character's history, unless that character had exactly one comic published ever); 2) that editor made it their business that the writers were also reading at least a significant portion of Wonder Woman's history, and respected it. You can do new things without trashing the old, but every interview I've ever read on Wonder Woman indicates that DC encourages writers to not read or actively ignore all previous Wonder Woman comics.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

But who would Ben the best editor for Diana? This is why we shouldn't focus on rebooting or retconing her history she has far too many of the editors saying yes to things that only screwed with her history making things worst. Sale wise Rucka made his sales the best Azz didn't get to these numbers. It seeems when an writer actually gets her history and knows her she does well and better. Azz numbers dropped more quickly than rucka's. Despite all the praise he did get the backlash due to th female characters are being savages or useless

Could Greg Perez be a editor for Wonder Woman ?
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

Astonishing Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Why wouldn't he?
    Because maybe he doesn't have the same problems (if any) with the run that you do? Until we know if he's even read it or what his opinion of it is, it's kind of an odd and pointless thing to speculate.

There is absolutely nothing in either King's body of work or the Rebirth of WW that indicates a necessity to ditch anything going forward.

Also, King is already writing a bi-monthly and will be writing a Mr. Miracle series. The odds of him having the time to devote to another bi-monthly is slim anyway.

What during "Rebirth" was so well done that he shouldn't just scrap or ignore it? Plenty of the folks who have been discussing the issues have pointed out thinks that didn't really make it to "This Should Be A Foundation."
    Again, what was so offensive about Rebirth that you (and others of the same opinion, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking it's everybody) think he would scrap or ignore anything? It's already a better foundation than the hot mess the New 52 became with the vague and contradictory accounts of her early years. We've actually gotten to see some of them with "Year One" and "Godwatch." To say nothing of Rebirth not completely missing the entire point of the DC Amazons like the New 52 did.

When it's coming down to quite a few folks in this very thread pointing to that some of Diana's villains could use the work, there is no writer working for DC that comes to mind faster in that regard than King.
    King would be great with that, but Orlando and Seeley honestly come to my mind just as quickly and they're slightly more likely. The only villain from this run specifically that comes to mind as needing some work is Poison, but she hardly needs a retconning or ignoring her history thus far for it to work.

Taking that into account, I don't see much of a problem with starting from scratch to do that.
    I can't imagine how that would help anything. It would just create more divisions in the fanbase. Especially when there is no need to.

I would only put King on WW if he had a story to tell with her. When he's got something to say through a character, he's great but I don't think he's a good "run guy". His Batman stint feels like him REALLY trying to have narrative threads get setup then paid off but none of it really works.

Whereas with Omega Men and Vision he had a clear beginning, middle and end for the story he wanted to tell, he told it and that was that.

Orlando would probably be a good choice as a followup to Rucka since his Supergirl is pretty good both as a story and in regards to respecting what came before him.