Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Yay Geoff Johns?
    To be fair to Johns, the original sin took place in 1979 under the pen of Cary Bates:

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    To be fair to Johns, the original sin took place in 1979 under the pen of Cary Bates:

Classic. But experiencing tragedy later on as an adult and having it color your childhood are two different things. At least when it comes to forming your worldview when becoming a superhero.

(Man I really want those issues...)

What's intriguing me about this issue still is WTF scared Thawne so much... He's looking at whoever it is as if he knows him/her from before and realises how powerful they are.

Mighty Member

What i am interested in

is DC going to make Dr. Manhattan the most powerful character ever

like beyond the level of DC's reality warpers

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinr View Post
    I agree that someone is probably manipulating Manhattan? But it's probably Oz or a brand new character, can't see it being Superboy Prime tbh, way too immature, and I just can't see how he would do it, without getting obliterated for running his mouth in the process lol.
    If anyone or anything is manipulating Manhattan, I would expect it to be someone that's not just powerful, but transcendent in some way, either over time (so at a minimum a figure like the Time Trapper), or over reality itself (like the Monitors). A putz like Prime, no matter how powerful? That would be terrible storytelling.

Hmmm... thinking about it, in Watchmen Manhattan may have been able to *perceive* time differently, but explicitly never found it possible (or really even conceivable in his philosophy) to travel in time or change the course of the timeline... but both Barry and Thawne have done so many times, making them in a sense more powerful than Manhattan (or at least than he originally was in his home universe). Maybe that's the reason Thawne gets fried rather than manipulated and reinserted into the game.

Mighty Member

Can we talk about how pathetic Jay Garrick's cameo was, we were all expecting him to come back for good not save bruce and barry and just vanish after that

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    Can we talk about how pathetic Jay Garrick's cameo was, we were all expecting him to come back for good not save bruce and barry and just vanish after that
    Agreed.

I wonder who will be Jay's lightning rod.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Agreed.

Joan? Wally? Possibly even Johnny Thunder, that would be a perfect lead in for bringing back the JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    But does Button have any significance to the DC universe? For all it's worth, nothing has been revealed as to the Buttons significance to Rebirth. Does it mean the DC universe is tied to watchman universe? Does it mean the DC universe has been poisoned by the Watchman universe so the assumption that heroes are to be arrested comes about in DC? It would just be sweet to know what's going on.
    Yes. If you read it, it is clear it has significance.

What are people's opinions about the lenticular covers that we've had... I think the two Flash editions were the better and the one with Jay on the cover worked the best... Thought the two Batman covers were too dark and therefore you lost a lot of detail and colour.
    Overall though they were excellent and I'm glad I bought them.

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    Can we talk about how pathetic Jay Garrick's cameo was, we were all expecting him to come back for good . . .
    Well, that's not entirely true.
    Some of us were figuring DC would pull something with this other than an actual full-return of Jay.
    (Though I will admit Jay got more of a spotlight than I sometimes imagined he would for this arc, and it seems to have actually been Jay.)

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Agreed.

Joan's the only person who I can think of that would be important enough to Jay to be his lightning rod if it's not Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Joan's the only person who I can think of that would be important enough to Jay to be his lightning rod if it's not Barry.
    What if it's someone in the JSA or even the entire JSA that is his lightning rod? Maybe Johny needs to bring the JSA back before he can be freed.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

How did I forget that Iris was in a Batgirl costume in the original story? I had to check that Thawne hadn't tried to kill Batgirl at some point in pre-Crisis history...

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    What if it's someone in the JSA or even the entire JSA that is his lightning rod?
    And let's avoid the obvious jokes that maybe it's the Earth 2/Earth 2: Society version of Alan Scott . . .