Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    I don't think it's cancelled, but it's one of those books that I'm not in any rush to read. I can go pick it up next week. I'm not making a trip all the way to my LCS to get it, even with Rachel. Action plot is okay, but if there aren't any actual plot developments with the characters, there isn't that much to discuss.
    You're not missing anything. Rachel didn't do much that any other telepath could do/has done. She's basically Kitty's tin can on a string for communication.

This was the title I was most excited for from the "relaunch", I was completely underwhelmed by the first three issues (mostly due to the art, Syaf was not good, even before the controversy) but this was a definite improvement and has me much more excited for the future of this book. Hopefully this is a sign of more positives to come.

I like Ororo bringing the XSE up.

Two other members of the XSE are in the team: Rachel and Kurt.

This Sage fan here keeps looking for ways the writers could use to bring her back, so this XSE plot could be it...

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldoeaf View Post
    I like Ororo bringing the XSE up.

Two other members of the XSE are in the team: Rachel and Kurt.

This Sage fan here keeps looking for ways the writers could use to bring her back, so this XSE plot could be it...
    i mean, for us it was a nice nod to x-men history. but in the context of that scene, storm came off as totally crazy.

the xse haven't been seen or heard from in over 10 years. and i'd be surprised if any bit of it was left after osborn took power and the mutants fled offshore during utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I was going to say that Rachel has better taste than that, but she really doesn't.
    LOL. Poor Rachel.

Overall, fun issue. Looks like gold team will be fighting a super nanotech sentinel next. Fun times.

Both xmen blue and gold are giving us some proper crazy xmen adventures. Its been so long, I almost forgot what it felt like. Exciting.

I want to like this but X-Men Blue just fought the Sentinels.
    I suppose it is Gold's turn this week.

Gambit is a fool to bring the nanites to Olivia Trask.
    Can't he just show up with a fake bottle?

Storm flashing her XSE badge is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I was going to say that Rachel has better taste than that, but she really doesn't.
    lol

Rachel's lovelife really is trainwreck. So much wrong, from Franklin to Rory to Sublime. She might even have Kitty beat.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    lol

Rachel's lovelife really is trainwreck. So much wrong, from Franklin to Rory to Sublime. She might even have Kitty beat.
    What you mean might? RachelXSublime. She has Kitty beat by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by origami View Post
    Gambit is a fool to bring the nanites to Olivia Trask.
    Can't he just show up with a fake bottle?
    If he did that then there would be no sentinels to fight. It's an obvious case of plot induced stupidity.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

What is up with the pacing in this writing?!

It will take 3 pages to get through a simple detail and then 3 panels to go from danger room, Xjet, and NYC in the same conversation.

Spectacular Member

Oh man, Olivia Trask telling Gambit what she wants to do with the Nanites is just stupid. He was a Thief for Hire, so no need to give him informations...

The XSE badge was....pathetic....sorry. I felt like Storm was trying to be an authority that she isnt, right at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Oh man, Olivia Trask telling Gambit what she wants to do with the Nanites is just stupid. He was a Thief for Hire, so no need to give him informations...

The XSE badge was....pathetic....sorry. I felt like Storm was trying to be an authority that she isnt, right at the moment.
    I agree it was seriously sad. "What right do you have to be here?" "Ummm this?"

Astonishing Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Have we seen that detective guy anywhere before? I do not think I remember him.

Poor Serpent Society characters (the group is actually called Serpent Solutions now, but I guess the writer did not get the memo). These guys are like the Wrecking Crew. Every hero or hero group defeats them with ease. How can we ever take them as a serious threat?

So, we got one (or maybe more) nano-sentinel in Gold en 5 mutant-sentinels in Blue. Hmm is this a coincidence or is there a connection here?
    Stop complaining and start dancing

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Have we seen that detective guy anywhere before? I do not think I remember him.

Poor Serpent Society characters (the group is actually called Serpent Solutions now, but I guess the writer did not get the memo). These guys are like the Wrecking Crew. Every hero or hero group defeats them with ease. How can we ever take them as a serious threat?

So, we got one (or maybe more) nano-sentinel in Gold en 5 mutant-sentinels in Blue. Hmm is this a coincidence or is there a connection here?
    bad editing? The Serpent "Solutions" were also just in Secret Empire this week. There are some common threads with Gold and Blue, and now Gold and GenX that make you think "oh they're connected" but realistically it's just similar themes and that's disappointing and will ultimately be confusing.

They call her Prestige, she can do magic tricks with her mind.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    You're not missing anything. Rachel didn't do much that any other telepath could do/has done. She's basically Kitty's tin can on a string for communication.
    You could say the say the same for any character.

It's a poor arguement.

And I highly doubt any Telepath could easily get in contact with Gambit across the world and create a link instantly for Kitty to get to and read Gambit's mind when she is nowhere near him.

You greatly overestimate the other Telepaths and are greatly underestimating what Rachel is doing.

Of the current living Telepaths that could do that are only Rachel and Emma. Psylocke, maybe. Tean definitely lacks the skill and experience to accomplish this feat just yet.

So your poor argument holds no water.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 05-19-2017 at 01:24 PM.