Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

I wonder if there will be a trial once all is said and done. and what will become of the Hydra Council?
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I've been watching AOS and they are presently stuck in an alternate reality machine, and some are acting out of character, and others are the resistance to Hydra. I wonder if the Secret Empire Event is just super heroes being hooked up to alternate reality Hydra World in machines, and different sections of the community agree with Hydra and some are resistance, and, we'll get this thing in the end where they all wake up?
    doubt it. it's an even bigger stretch but maybe none of them escaped Pleasant Hill. maybe Zemo's plan to subject the heroes to Kobik-ing actually worked. it would explain why he's Steve's right hand man, why Red Skull is dead, and the more fascist leanings of the event. but, still, there is just too much going on to contradict it. we do know that Helmut has a fragment of the cube (recovered by Moonstone and Fixer, irrc). and he has hidden that fact from Steve.
    11/10/2016

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I have read this now, and it's interesting to note that Steve Rogers admits, (after his long speech to the TV public), that he didn't order Ricks death, or, the Las Vegus attack. He couldn't do it, but left it to Elisa Sinclair to do. That sort of disrupts my idea that Steve Rogers isn't still conflicted. I suggested Steve has a split personality, but now, knowing this, it doesn't seem so, because the honourable, conflicted, Steve still seems to be home. So the other Steve that shows up at the end is a bit of a mystery still.

I like these dramatic sequences in the book -

1. The recovery of survivors by heroes in Las Vegus, unopposed by Hydra.
    2. The Darkhold sequences of the utter degradation, in Manhattan. (Note Luke's beard is as old as bearded Steves).
    3. Kingpins use of help to civilians for future gain.
    4. Black Widows solution to end more deaths by assassinating Hydra Cap
    5. The revelation from Rick that Steve was changed by Kobik, being revealed to the resistance, in the Mount.
    6. Steves TV speech and his admission of weakness to Zemo, in DC?
    7. The revelation the pieces of the cube are spread over the Earth in certain locations to be tracked down like a quest.
    8. The collecting of Champions as Natasha's assassination team in Colorado.
    9. The Montana villain exit visas.
    10. The bearded Steve Rogers rescuing a blond woman in a white dress, in some unknown location. The moons appearance seems to authenticate this is a real sequence?

So much location shifts. We get a lot of resistance developments, with assassination operations and Cube quests, but very little Hydra progress this issue. The Narrator continues as other issues, but on a more positive note, by saying this is where the change happened for the resistance, so we are supposed to acknowledge that it is this Rick revelation that changes everything. Up till now, hope was lost. Hope becomes a possibility from now on.
    I thought the different art during that epilogue type moment, bearded Steve...I'm thinking means that Steve is in the Hydra Steve head.

Quote Originally Posted by MikefromGotham View Post
    I thought the different art during that epilogue type moment, bearded Steve...I'm thinking means that Steve is in the Hydra Steve head.
    It's the simplest/most believable scenario, at the moment. just to throw it out there, I wonder if Steve's mother was real; when they reunited at the Hydra orphanage. did that happen in his head? it was a very odd scene. Elisa Sinclair/Madame Hydra has been shown to make people see things that weren't there.
    11/10/2016

This is how Marvel events should be done. Good writing and limited interference in other titles' story lines. Major tie-ins should be handled in one-shots.

Then again, maybe it just feels like limited interference since the xmen comics seem to be largely unaffected. Lucky us.
    Last edited by Wissenschaft; 05-19-2017 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    This is how Marvel events should be done. Good writing and limited interference in other titles' story lines. Major tie-ins should be handled in one-shots.
    So is that why Ultimates2 was totally derailed this week? In a pointless tie-in that added nothing to either story. Yes this event is good, but the tie-in policy needs some serious thought.

USAvengers is also back-pedalling to avoid moving fully into the story, but as I haven't really enjoyed that book it isn't grating as much.

Soon RessurXion will be temporarily derailed just when it desperately needs to move forward.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-19-2017 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post

Then again, maybe it just feels like limited interference since the xmen comics seem to be largely unaffected. Lucky us.
    Ha. Just wait. X-Men Blue and Gold #7-8 are solicited as SE tie-ins.

Here are the Secret Empire-related books solicited thus far:
    Code:
    April
    SECRET EMPIRE #0 (OF 9)
    CAPTAIN AMERICA STEVE ROGERS #16
    US AVENGERS #5
    THUNDERBOLTS #12

May
    SECRET EMPIRE #1 (OF 9)
    SECRET EMPIRE #2 (OF 9)
    SECRET EMPIRE #3 (OF 9)
    SECRET EMPIRE UPRISING #1
    CAPTAIN AMERICA STEVE ROGERS #17
    US AVENGERS #6
    CAPTAIN AMERICA SAM WILSON #22
    DOCTOR STRANGE #21
    ULTIMATES 2 #7
    DEADPOOL #31
    MIGHTY CAPTAIN MARVEL #5
    SECRET WARRIORS #1
    SECRET WARRIORS #2

June
    SECRET EMPIRE #4 (OF 9)
    SECRET EMPIRE #5 (OF 9)
    SECRET EMPIRE BRAVE NEW WORLD #1 (OF 5) SE
    SECRET EMPIRE BRAVE NEW WORLD #2 (OF 5) SE
    SECRET EMPIRE UNITED #1 SE
    SECRET EMPIRE UNDERGROUND #1 SE
    US AVENGERS #7 SE
    UNCANNY AVENGERS #24 SE
    SECRET WARRIORS #3 SE
    MIGHTY CAPTAIN MARVEL #6 SE
    OCCUPY AVENGERS #8 SE
    DOCTOR STRANGE #22 SE
    CAPTAIN AMERICA SAM WILSON #23 SE
    CAPTAIN AMERICA STEVE ROGERS #18 SE
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #29 SE
    ALL NEW GUARDIANS OF GALAXY ANNUAL #1 SE
    DEADPOOL #32 SE (MR)

July
    SECRET EMPIRE #6 (OF 9)
    SECRET EMPIRE #7 (OF 9)
    SECRET EMPIRE BRAVE NEW WORLD #3 (OF 5) SE
    SECRET EMPIRE BRAVE NEW WORLD #4 (OF 5) SE
    CAPTAIN AMERICA SAM WILSON #24 SE
    CAPTAIN AMERICA STEVE ROGERS #19 SE
    AVENGERS #9 SE
    SECRET WARRIORS #4 SE
    CHAMPIONS #10 SE
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #30 SE
    DEADPOOL #33 SE
    DEADPOOL #34 SE
    DOCTOR STRANGE #23 SE
    OCCUPY AVENGERS #9 SE
    MIGHTY CAPTAIN MARVEL #7 SE
    US AVENGERS #8 SE
    UNCANNY AVENGERS #25 SE
    X-MEN BLUE #7 SE
    X-MEN BLUE #8 SE
    X-MEN GOLD #7 SE
    X-MEN GOLD #8 SE
    Last edited by rui no onna; 05-19-2017 at 01:36 AM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja, Normandy Gold

Yeah, the derailing of Ultimates 2 sucks. Marvel needs to cut that out. I support making one-shots instead of forcing a title to be derailed. Like I said, I guess I'm just lucky I mostly read xmen titles. This time we lucked out.

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Never mind. Marvel events suck once again. :P

Anyone, I'm still enjoying the main books of secret empire. Its an fun story.

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Yep. I suspect Blue will be straightforward, they are not in the USA for a start. Gold is being messed with at exactly the wrong moment, and it is already limping.

Astonishing Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

My book reading has changed to have less impact on this event. If the event didn't look fun, I could possibly have avoided it, it seems. Secret Warriors is the biggest connector but I suspect I'll ultimately be able to finish that with minimal spoilers. Which makes it strange that I feel I'm spending 80-90 dollars and considering getting other books I normally wouldn't get (Doctor Strange, Captain Americas).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I almost worry Spencer is taking Steve Rogers to a point where it will be impossible to redeem him in-universe, even despite having the excuse of his reality being warped.

I'm also confused where they're taking Black Widow. One issue she's making out with Hawkeye, the next mourning over Bucky (which was supposed to be a secret until Rick Jones revealed it, no?), then punching Hawkeye, and now she's aiming to kill Steve Rogers alongside a team of teenagers? Confusing.

That twist was really something though. I'm actually hoping it's Ultimate Cap because I'd love to see him go toe-to-toe with HydraCap (though I doubt it), but I think it might be 50's Cap (Mad Cap) or maybe a time displaced Steve Rogers.

Still waiting on Bucky's return. I feel like something's building with that.

Also curious about Namor's subtle cameo. Seems like him, Black Panther and Taskmaster(?) possess shards of the cosmic cube.
    Currently Reading: DC: Mr. Miracle /// MARVEL: Iron Fist, Astonishing X-Men, Defenders /// IMAGE: Renato Jones Season 2: Freelancer, Seven to Eternity

Upcoming Reading: MARVEL: Spirits of Vengeance, Moon Knight, Falcon, Tales of Suspense /// IMAGE: Frontier

Trade Waiting: MARVEL: Black Panther /// IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher /// DYNAMITE: John Wick

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    It's the simplest/most believable scenario, at the moment. just to throw it out there, I wonder if Steve's mother was real; when they reunited at the Hydra orphanage. did that happen in his head? it was a very odd scene. Elisa Sinclair/Madame Hydra has been shown to make people see things that weren't there.
    That idea coupled with the fact that somehow Hydra Steve didn't give the "kill Rick" or "raze Vegas" orders. He let someone else say the words so maybe there's a loophole that GoodSteve is battling HydraSteve in his mind. Not sure if this is lame or just to be expected story mechanisms.

Honestly in the grand scheme of things, Secret Empire doesn't have that many tie-ins.
    There's only 2 event mini-series: Brave New World and the 3 "Resistance" one-shots
    And only 15 series with tie-ins:
    All-New Guardians, Amazing Spider-Man, Captain America Sam Wilson, Steve Rogers, Deadpool, Doctor Strange, Mighty Captain Marvel, Occupy Avengers, Secret Warriors, Thunderbolts, U.S.Avengers, Ultimates 2, Uncanny Avengers, X-Men Blue, X-Men Gold

Compare this to something like Civil War II which had 7 event mini-series and 29 different series with tie-ins.

I think overall it's a good amount of series they chose, and the choices they do have provide some good stories to tell. (and even then some books like Guardians, Ultimates, & Thunderbolts only have 1 issue tieing in)
    Current Reading List: Sonic The Hedgehog, Sonic Universe, Spider-Gwen, Unbelievable Gwenpool, Hawkeye, Hulk, U.S.Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, Secret Empire, Secret Warriors, I Am Groot
    DC: Green Lanterns, Batgirl, Batman, Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Honestly in the grand scheme of things, Secret Empire doesn't have that many tie-ins.
    There's only 2 event mini-series: Brave New World and the 3 "Resistance" one-shots
    And only 15 series with tie-ins:
    All-New Guardians, Amazing Spider-Man, Captain America Sam Wilson, Steve Rogers, Deadpool, Doctor Strange, Mighty Captain Marvel, Occupy Avengers, Secret Warriors, Thunderbolts, U.S.Avengers, Ultimates 2, Uncanny Avengers, X-Men Blue, X-Men Gold

Compare this to something like Civil War II which had 7 event mini-series and 29 different series with tie-ins.

I think overall it's a good amount of series they chose, and the choices they do have provide some good stories to tell. (and even then some books like Guardians, Ultimates, & Thunderbolts only have 1 issue tieing in)
    You missed Champions. Also, we don't know yet what the tie-ins are for next month (JUN17 Previews).

Granted, wow, CW II had that many? And I thought Secret Empire was already a lot (for the completionists, I counted 55 books worth $226.45 retail thus far).
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja, Normandy Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    That twist was really something though. I'm actually hoping it's Ultimate Cap because I'd love to see him go toe-to-toe with HydraCap (though I doubt it), but I think it might be 50's Cap (Mad Cap) or maybe a time displaced Steve Rogers.
    He certainly looks like he just stepped off of the battlefields of WW2.