Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Also curious about Namor's subtle cameo. Seems like him, Black Panther and Taskmaster(?) possess shards of the cosmic cube.
    That was Xorn.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Shen_Xorn_(Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That makes more sense.
    Currently Reading: DC: Hellblazer /// MARVEL: Iron Fist, Secret Empire, The Defenders /// IMAGE: Renato Jones Season 2: Freelancer, Seven to Eternity

Upcoming Reading: DC: Mr. Miracle /// MARVEL: Iron Fists, Spirits of Vengeance, Moon Knight /// IMAGE: Frontier, Sons of Shaolin, The Realm /// DYNAMITE: John Wick

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Also curious about Namor's subtle cameo. Seems like him, Black Panther and Taskmaster(?) possess shards of the cosmic cube.
    Yeah that's Xorn and Namor but is that Black Panther? The glove is like his but there are six finger.

I guess it could be an art error.

Quote Originally Posted by doomeye56 View Post
    Yeah that's Xorn and Namor but is that Black Panther? The glove is like his but there are six finger.

I guess it could be an art error.
    There are five fingers but I rest my case that the art is not good if we are even counting fingers. I figured it was Namor, T'Challa and some skull faced guy that could be anyone. I concede it is probably Xorn but I didn't spot it. I even considered Beta-Ray Bill!
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-19-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    There are five fingers but I rest my case that the art is not good if we are even counting fingers. I figured it was Namor, T'Challa and some skull faced guy that could be anyone. I concede it is probably Xorn but I didn't spot it. I even considered Beta-Ray Bill!
    Looking at it again the 6th "thumb-like" shape could just be bade shading on the shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by doomeye56 View Post
    Looking at it again the 6th "thumb-like" shape could just be bade shading on the shoulder
    Yes when you said it was six I suddenly saw six too, but I had to take a step back and realised it was just unfortunate shading.

Didn't want to say anything about the art myself, but I didn't think it fit well either. I've seen better from Sorrentino. The rotating artists is more jarring when they drastically change styles, i feel.
    Currently Reading: DC: Hellblazer /// MARVEL: Iron Fist, Secret Empire, The Defenders /// IMAGE: Renato Jones Season 2: Freelancer, Seven to Eternity

Upcoming Reading: DC: Mr. Miracle /// MARVEL: Iron Fists, Spirits of Vengeance, Moon Knight /// IMAGE: Frontier, Sons of Shaolin, The Realm /// DYNAMITE: John Wick

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    You missed Champions. Also, we don't know yet what the tie-ins are for next month (JUN17 Previews).

Granted, wow, CW II had that many? And I thought Secret Empire was already a lot (for the completionists, I counted 55 books worth $226.45 retail thus far).
    Ah crap, that's right. I also missed Avengers, so that makes it 17 tie-ins. And we do know what the tie-ins are for June and July, it's just August we're waiting for, though I can't imagine there'll be that many new books getting tie-ins within the final months of the event.

Also, with the exception of the one-shots and the first two issues, the rest of Secret Empire will be regular priced, as well as all the other tie-ins, so it's not as expensive.
    Current Reading List: Sonic The Hedgehog, Sonic Universe, Batman/TMNT Adventures, Spider-Gwen, Unbelievable Gwenpool, Hawkeye, Hulk, U.S.Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, Secret Empire, Secret Warriors, I Am Groot
    Future: Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, Edge Of Venomverse
    DC: Batman, The Flash, Green Lanterns, Batgirl, Superman, Suicide Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Ah crap, that's right. I also missed Avengers, so that makes it 17 tie-ins. And we do know what the tie-ins are for June and July, it's just August we're waiting for, though I can't imagine there'll be that many new books getting tie-ins within the final months of the event.

Also, with the exception of the one-shots and the first two issues, the rest of Secret Empire will be regular priced, as well as all the other tie-ins, so it's not as expensive.
    Lol, I didn't count Secret Warriors in the 16 tie-ins since it's starting as a Secret Empire tie-in meaning no story to interrupt nor existing readers that might be displeased with the interruption. That said, yep, 17 series tie-ins, 1 mini and 3 one-shots thus far. Jessica Jones might be pulled into SE in August given the Maria Hill story arc and cover for #10.

In fairness, SE is also just natural progression for the Spencer Cap books. It just happens to be one that requires at least $50 more worth of books if one buys the single issues.

I didn't mean JUN17 as in June 2017 release date. I meant JUN17 Previews which has the solicitations for August 2017. Remains to be seen whether SE #8-10 will all still be $3.99. Where the heck are the Marvel solicit leaks?
    Last edited by rui no onna; 05-19-2017 at 11:47 AM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Batwoman, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Crosswind, Sacred Creatures, Astonishing X-Men, Defenders, Elektra, Gamora, Hawkeye, Secret Empire, Sam Wilson, Steve Rogers, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja, Nancy Drew

Indeed not only is this event naturally flowing from Cap, Spencer is on record that it wasn't originally supposed to be an event, but he pitched it as such when he realised the scope of his plans.

As to tie-ins the only one worth looking at so far has been Secret Warriors, and I expect many of them to be tangential at best to the main story. I am actually quite pleased Marvel are not planning such a large event for a while.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-19-2017 at 11:52 AM.

it never looked like six fingers to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

I am actually quite pleased Marvel are not planning such a large event for a while.
    I'll believe that when I see it.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Batwoman, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Crosswind, Sacred Creatures, Astonishing X-Men, Defenders, Elektra, Gamora, Hawkeye, Secret Empire, Sam Wilson, Steve Rogers, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja, Nancy Drew

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Everyone has their own taste when it comes to art but I have to say I'm surprised that anyone didn't love Sorrentino's work here. Outside of not digging Amadeus' face in one panel, I thought it was a gorgeous issue.

If the real Steve we see at the end is only in Hydra Cap's head, he can look like anything. He's just a part of his memories and doesn't exist in the real world.
    I don't think sorrentino's art is "bad" but I've never really liked it. something about it takes me out of a story. When I see that art style, I'm very aware that I'm looking at a picture as opposed to getting invested and immersed in a story.

that being said, that spread explain why steve is hydra was awwwwwwwwwesome. Only part of the art that I really liked.

I'm kind of upset that their are rotating artists to be honest. I think one of the strong suits of secret wars (and literally the only good part of CW 2) is that the art is consistent throughout. I get that they are doing it to avoid dealys...but you've known this story was coming for years. How hard is it to just get 1 artists that fits the book and given them, like a 3-6 month headstart?

Everyone has their own taste when it comes to art but I have to say I'm surprised that anyone didn't love Sorrentino's work here. Outside of not digging Amadeus' face in one panel, I thought it was a gorgeous issue.

If the real Steve we see at the end is only in Hydra Cap's head, he can look like anything. He's just a part of his memories and doesn't exist in the real world.
    Yeah, but Luke Cage has got a beard too, so there is a commonality there.

I'm gonna say there's not a chance of that. This is definitely not about the superheroes community living inside a computer-generated world.
    I hope you're right. I'd hate it to be a dream sequence.