Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Posted this in another thread

Also now that I've read it again, Rick mentions he hacked in to top level clearance database and learned about cap. If reality has truly been changed even if it was just caps reality how would anyone else know this. Skull is out of the picture and not part of hydra and kobik is not there. They have zero reason to know this or for there to even be a file. I hope I'm wrong but this seems like a bit a big jump for rock to figure out the cube is the reason for it all just used to progress the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxtles View Post
    I have a gut feeling that this is William Burnside...the 1950s Captain America and later the Grand Master...the leader of a neo-Nazi organization.
    He had plastic surgery to look like Steve Rogers...called himself Steve Rogers and is quite insane. I had the feeling this was a switcheroo that would show that this wasn't a clone, alternate reality or brainwashing of Captain America....because it wasn't him at all. Switched out by a "Cap" that would do all of this stuff.
    Spencer said that this is the real Cap. it's not Burnside (who is partially disfigured now, btw).
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Spencer said that this is the real Cap. it's not Burnside (who is partially disfigured now, btw).
    Burnside was a "real" Cap...of the 1950s. What he said it true...from a certain perspective. Also, D-Man was dead prior to this series...so, I think that Kobik could have fixed his face or the "new" Earth creation which probably resurrected D-Man...

BANNED

This comic is just MCU lite.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 05-17-2017 at 11:52 AM.

my post from the other thread in regards to the final scene:

I'm also behind the theory that the scene takes place in Hydra Caps mind, as Hydra Cap referring to the real Cap as a separate person inside of him in Civil War II: The Oath.

Attachment 49499

I know this might seem like a repeat of how Superior Spider-Man concluded, but I prefer it to Cap just being restored by the Kobik.
    Last edited by SlimeBeherit; 05-17-2017 at 12:00 PM.
    Pull List: Avengers, Black Magick, Black Panther, Black Widow, Captain America: Wilson & Rogers, Mighty Captain Marvel, Civil War II, Daredevil, Hawkeye, Jessica Jones, Kill or Be Killed, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, Paper Girls, Patsy Walker, Silk, Silver Surfer, Snotgirl, Spider-Woman, Totally Awesome Hulk, Ultimates^2, Squirrel Girl

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeBeherit View Post
    my post from the other thread:

I'm also behind the theory that the scene takes place in Hydra Caps mind, as Hydra Cap referring to the real Cap as a separate person inside of him in Civil War II: The Oath.

Attachment 49499

I know this might seem like a repeat of how Superior Spider-Man concluded, but I prefer it to Cap just being restored by the Kobik.
    it's weird that people keep comparing it to Superior Spider-man when Steve already had to fight for control of his body; shortly after Civil War. remember when the Red Skull occupied his body? the current situation isn't one where an existing villain's personality was downloaded into Steve's form. this is standard cosmic cube stuff.
    11/10/2016

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marxtles View Post
    Burnside was a "real" Cap...of the 1950s. What he said it true...from a certain perspective. Also, D-Man was dead prior to this series...so, I think that Kobik could have fixed his face or the "new" Earth creation which probably resurrected D-Man...
    D-Man was resurrected in Secret Wars and then sent to the restored Prime Marvel Universe.

Amazing Member

I like the idea of the Heroes and Villains doing stuff to save NYC in their own way. Everything else is garbage. We once again spend pages talking if it is ok to kill evil Nazi Cap when the answer is yes. We are going to get another Avengers on Avengers violence for no good reason. I hate that Steve maybe good or maybe lost in time or whatever that last page is. The Nazi Cap storyline may go down as the Maximum Carnage of the 2010s. They could have done this without destroying Captain America and just re-introduced Red Skull as the President. That would be timely.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Good issue all seems very dark and hopeless until we see the last page.

I do not know what is happening to the heroes acting with Steve Avengers but by the words of Pietro probably Wanda and the others are not doing it of their own accord.
    We already know that Scarlet Witch and Vision aren't doing this on their own accord thanks to the Secret Empire Free Comic Book day issue.
    We don't know anything about the others yet as far as I am aware.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Mass Effect: Ranking the Squad Members

>Pretty blonde woman in white attacked by Serpent Society but saved by hero in torn WW2 fatigues = America attacked by Hydra but saved by Captain America. Not too subtle there.
    >Odd to see the Champions stepping up for an assassination mission but it's good to see these young people being sensible. Kill him, Miles.
    >Why Hydra didn't use the opportunity to wipe out the heroic resistance while they helped post-Vegas destruction is beyond me... even with Steve's kinda explanation.
    >So the cube fragments are with Namor in Atlantis, Xorn in Tian, and... someone with creepy 6 fingered hands somewhere else. OK.

Favourite panels...
    cw1.jpg
    cw2.jpg
    cw3.jpg

Another enjoyable issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    We already know that Scarlet Witch and Vision aren't doing this on their own accord thanks to the Secret Empire Free Comic Book day issue.
    We don't know anything about the others yet as far as I am aware.
    Taskmaster and Black Ant were blackmailed. Join up or die, basically. Wanda and Vision are definitely brainwashed somehow, though we don't know the specifics or who did the deed. Odinson likely is a reaction to Steve lifting Mjolnir.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    My suspicion is that
    spoilers:
    Not-Hydra Cap at the end is a fragment of the Cosmic Cube gone separately sentient from Kobik.
    end of spoilers
    If that's the case, then maybe it came from a fragment that had come in contact with Steve and thus was influenced by him as to take on his identity.

Another idea is that this is the Steve of the original unchanged timeline having been split off or given physical form when Kobik went berserk back in the last issue of Thunderbolts.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    >Pretty blonde woman in white attacked by Serpent Society but saved by hero in torn WW2 fatigues = America attacked by Hydra but saved by Captain America. Not too subtle there.
    >Odd to see the Champions stepping up for an assassination mission but it's good to see these young people being sensible. Kill him, Miles.
    >Why Hydra didn't use the opportunity to wipe out the heroic resistance while they helped post-Vegas destruction is beyond me... even with Steve's kinda explanation.
    >So the cube fragments are with Namor in Atlantis, Xorn in Tian, and... someone with creepy 6 fingered hands somewhere else. OK.

Favourite panels...
    cw1.jpg
    cw2.jpg
    cw3.jpg

Another enjoyable issue.
    I thought that was Black Panther's clawed glove for a second. they are sending Faustus to Wakanda.
    11/10/2016

Is that the New 52 cap or the pre-Flash point cap. I can't keep up
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    This comic is just MCU lite.
    And that's why Tony Stark is an AI, Cap is even and it features about 14 characters who aren't even in the MCU.