Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Is that the New 52 cap or the pre-Flash point cap. I can't keep up
    He's post-Crisis, pre-Zero Hour Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Check out that uniform 'Steve' is wearing on the last page. That's not just any uniform. That's the uniform Zemo put him in before tying him to the drone missile. I'm not sure what that means, but it probably means something.
    It's possible that when Steve is returned to normal he'll be returned to his mental status of just waking up from the ice with Marvel putting an emphasis on the man out of time aspect in a future series although that might render Generations/Legacy rather meaningless. What would be the point of Sam Wilson paling around with silver age Cap if for all intents and purposes the silver age version of Cap is already in the Marvel Universe.

Another possibility is all the different cosmic cube fragments take up human form of Steve Rogers at different periods in his life. If you reassemble them you reassemble Steve.
    Last edited by Orbus; 05-17-2017 at 05:37 PM.

Meet Brianne de Chateau! CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I felt this issue was MUCH Better then Issue #1 and enjoyed it a decent deal more!

Really their are only 2 things to come out of issue 2 that are of major plot importance to talk about 1.) The Revelation of the Cosmic Cube to the Resistance Heroes and with that the quest for the pieces and 2.) The Reveal of a Lost Steve Rogers in a place we don't know of or why as of right now.

For me what this means add them both together, it is happening EARLIER in the story then I thought, a reveal like this with 10 issues to it would make more sense in an Issue #4 or #5; This is the Beginning of the End of the HYDRA Captain America.

Honestly we now have 2 things in play here, the search for the cosmic cube to bring Capt back was more then enough to say that is where this story is going, but also the reveal that their is another Steve around just adds over the top weight to that. I believe this is the ORIGINAL Steve Rogers that was pulled into another World, Reality or Even as some said Plain of the Mind while his replacement of HYDRA Capt was around in his stead.

Really does that make HYDRA Capt from another Realty, a Multiverse Capt that went the other way, or is he completely created by the Cosmic Cube or is this a Split Capt, One Evil, the Other Original?!

Honestly it is too early to say, but the one thing I believe is likely here, thought earlier in the story than I like it to be, this is Marvel and Spencer sounding the Horns that the Original Capt is slowing coming back. They will dance around this to make us feel more conflicting drama, but in that press article by Marvel to wait for something that would as I am paraphrasing "Calm The Masses that Don't like This Story" in Issue #2, IMO that is Marvel hitting with that making this their 3 strike in them moving in that direction, that they are moving to bring the original Capt Back. Where this was originally planned or Marvel gave into pressure from the year long uproar over HYDRA Capt, I think this is the Issue that will be seen as the turning point for those waiting for Original Steve's Return, Including me.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 05-17-2017 at 05:41 PM.
    Meet Dragon Ball's NEWEST Lady of Power; Brianne de Chateau!
    Also Meet Sanka Ku & Su Roas, The Kamikaze FireBalls!
    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

Astonishing Member

Given Spencer's obvious love of Mark Gruenwald stuff, maybe bearded Cap is a tribute to Buried Alien.

Buried Alien Quasar.jpg

What if that Ultimate Captain america from Earth-1610 Same To Miles Morales and Son of Wolverine's James Hudson Jr. in Earth 616 Now from Preview of X-Men: Blue http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/X-Men:_Blue_Vol_1_5

Or Theory time: That Steve Rogers at the end is the a piece of Kobik Cube, more specifically the piece that has all the Steve Rogers we all know and love. And he is coming home.
    Last edited by genji; 05-17-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Astonishing Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I loved issue zero, I hated issue one, I love issue two. I guess I should be glad they added a tenth issue so I can end this enjoying it. The twist at the end overshadows what I thought was a strong issue overall.

My biggest complaint is that Spencer has to destroy the cosmic cube by issue six or seven to raise the stakes and remove the obvious solution, but we're in far too deep for there to be any other viable solution besides a big reset button.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Did Thor (Odinson) join caps team in another book? If so what book did this happen?

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Did Thor (Odinson) join caps team in another book? If so what book did this happen?
    It's supposed to be explained in issue four and then in six probably through flashbacks it'll basically be revealed slowly as will how Steve was able to become worthy to lift the hammer despite betraying his friends and leaving them to die.

Spectacular Member

Well in pleasant Hill a the villains were still locked within themselves.

It isn't a surprise the true cap is locked within himself.

Meet Brianne de Chateau! CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post
    Well in pleasant Hill a the villains were still locked within themselves.

It isn't a surprise the true cap is locked within himself.
    That is a VERY Good Point!

Thanks Maria Hill.
    Meet Dragon Ball's NEWEST Lady of Power; Brianne de Chateau!
    Also Meet Sanka Ku & Su Roas, The Kamikaze FireBalls!
    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    That is a VERY Good Point!

Thanks Maria Hill.
    It makes me wonder when we'll be given what came of Maria hill because in the lead up to secret empire in one of the last preludes in Steve Rogers #16 she got cornered by hydra agents once they realized she knew Steve's secret and was going to expose his secret to the world this is also how Rick finds out the truth about Steve's secret when Maria gives Rick the Intel, but when Maria tries to escape hydra agents corner her at gun point and I'm assuming she's either killed off panel or like Rick she was put in a cell awaiting execution.

So in a way Maria hill is the savior in a way because she gave the Intel to Rick which in turn is how the resistance/heroes found out the truth.

This was a great issue, and took the story in a direction I was not expecting. But MAN...that art...I mean, did no one else see the MESS that was made of Amadeus Cho's Hulk...? I saw that and had a literal, PHYSICAL reaction to the Cronenbergian mess that was made of the anatomy there...
    "God once spoke through burning bushes. Now, He seems to prefer speaking through flaming a**holes." - Uncredited Internet Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    It makes me wonder when we'll be given what came of Maria hill because in the lead up to secret empire in one of the last preludes in Steve Rogers #16 she got cornered by hydra agents once they realized she knew Steve's secret and was going to expose his secret to the world this is also how Rick finds out the truth about Steve's secret when Maria gives Rick the Intel, but when Maria tries to escape hydra agents corner her at gun point and I'm assuming she's either killed off panel or like Rick she was put in a cell awaiting execution.

So in a way Maria hill is the savior in a way because she gave the Intel to Rick which in turn is how the resistance/heroes found out the truth.
    I didn't read it myself but she's in Jessica Jones book.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I didn't read it myself but she's in Jessica Jones book.
    I think that's prior to secret empire and Steve Rogers 16 since Jessica jones is trapped with the rest of the defenders and the uncanny avengers and Doctor strange and Jessica drew in Manhattan that is shrouded in the dark force dimension shield spell.

Also Sharon carter appeared in Jessica jones #8 and she's as we know imprisoned somewhere as of secret empire #1

I am so confused, i mean is it all in his head and the true Steve Rogers is trying to reassert himself? Was he split in two? Then there's Nat's actions, will it be that which makes the vision come true? And what if it turns out that the heroes gather Kobik Zemo swoops in to take it? I mean that is what i feel will happen but i just can't rule out some sudden twist.

Mighty Member

I think there's something inspiring about Kingpin still being Kingpin throughout this. Guy is just chugging along, doing what he does best, seemingly having some faith that everything is gonna work out. We could all learn a lot from the guy.