Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 47
  1. #31
    Mad scientist Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    10,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, to me, that score is more reliable than what the critics think; because they either think that oscar-baits are good movies or because they think that the Ghostbusters reboot is a better movie than the Suicide Squad.
    Welp... the Ghostbusters reboot is enormously better than Suicide Squad (a movie I enjoyed a lot despite it being terrible) on a level of pure craftsmanship alone.

    Suicide Squad is a very, very expensive student movie. Made by students who are flunking film school.

    Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    [ Carabas

    the critics dislike Michael bay so they always hit him hard,
    Of course, Michael Bay is a terrible director, so it should come as no surprise that crirics hit him hard.

    I don't even think transformers blew up their city in the first movie like avengers did...
    I don't remember what happened in Transformers. But I do know that no cities got blown up in Avengers.

    avengers 2 was rated lower than 1...
    Sequels usually are.

    [Cue Selina listing the few rare sequels where this was not the case]
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

  2. #32
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    So you just want to debate which movies are better? Fox and DC vs the MCU? It's obvious that the only reason you should care is because you feel insecure and need validation of your opinions. I watch all comic book movies and don't care which are better. I don't care what others think either. I loved GOTG 2. I will be watching Wonder Woman and hoping to love that too.
    no, I dont feel this things YOU MENTIONED. if anyone feels insecure it would be the people that so desperately want fox to stop making x-men movies because fox does a great job in exposing how generic and awful mcu movie really are. why do you think xessoilk always talks about things like RT when we all know and have said and have proven rt is is very inconsistent and ''popularity'' when we all know mcu is the longest running fad in movie historty. longer than twilight. these things are as shallow as AOU

    I feel secure in the cbm I like and that is why I am up for a healthy debate where we talk indepth about the movies.the people who feel insecure are the people that hide behind something as unreliable as RT.

    As my op said, rt is not reflecting people's view on apocalypse. to stretch my points further other cbms aka n V for Vendetta and kingsman the secret service are in the 70s on rt but both movies have a 7.8 and 8.2 on imdb. this just shows even more how bias critics are to the mcu movies.
    Last edited by Selina; 05-18-2017 at 08:26 PM.

  3. #33
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    Do you feel vindicated by the imdb score that rates it at 7.1.
    I don't know that "vindicated" is quite the right word. More like satisfied that the movie is finally being judged on its own merits.

    So to those that loved apocalypse do you think the critics were way to harsh?
    Yes.

    I found most critics' complaints had little to do with the movie itself and more to do with dislike of Bryan Singer, fatigue with a core concept of the X-Men (persecuted minority superheroes), and that it wasn't an Avengers movie.

    I also what to taken into account how most of you here said the movie was better than x-men 3?
    It is a better movie than X3. X3 was two movies squished together and done as a rush job. Apocalypse was just badly edited. If they'd left in the longer character scenes with Scott, Jean, Kurt, and co. and left out the unnecessary Jackman cameo/Weapon X diversion, it would've worked fine. The Weapon X bit should've been done as a short film extra for the Blu-Ray/DVD release.

  4. #34
    HAIL SUMMERS dragonmp93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Welp... the Ghostbusters reboot is enormously better than Suicide Squad (a movie I enjoyed a lot despite it being terrible) on a level of pure craftsmanship alone.

    Suicide Squad is a very, very expensive student movie. Made by students who are flunking film school.


    Of course, Michael Bay is a terrible director, so it should come as no surprise that crirics hit him hard.

    I don't remember what happened in Transformers. But I do know that no cities got blown up in Avengers.

    Sequels usually are.

    [Cue Selina listing the few rare sequels where this was not the case]
    Of course that no single city has been blown up in an Avengers movies, but an entire country was leveled in Age of Ultron.
    You know, it's funny that DisMarvel keeps proving that "CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT"; even when he is dead.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    no, I dont feel this things YOU MENTIONED. if anyone feels insecure it would be the people that so desperate want fox to stop making x-men movies because fox does a great job in exposing how generic and awful ncu movie really are. why do you think xessoilk always talks about things like RT when we all know and have said and have proven rt is is very inconsistent and ''popularity'' when we all know mcu is the longest running fad in movie historty. longer than twilight. these things are as shallow as AOU

    I feel secure in the cbm I like and that is why I am up for a healthy debate where we talk indepth about the movies.the people who feel insucre are the people that hide behind something as unreliable as RT.

    As my op said, rt is not reflecting people's view on apocalypse. to stretch my points further other cbms aka n V for Vendetta and kingsman the secret service are in the 70s on rt but both movies have a 7.8 and 8.2 on imdb. tthisthis just shows even more how bias critics are to the mcu movies.
    I've addressed your point about the supposed bias and I told you it didn't exist. It's your own insecurity that causes you to care and even think there's a bias because you need validation.
    "Read anything I write for the pleasure of reading it. Whatever else you find will be the measure of what you brought..." - Ernest Hemingway

  6. #36
    Mad scientist Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    10,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Of course that no single city has been blown up in an Avengers movies, but an entire country was leveled in Age of Ultron.
    Age Of Ultron, a movie not even mentioned in the post that specified a city blown up in the FIRST Avengers movie.

    And I'm fairly sure it was just a city and not a country in Age Of Ultron.
    Last edited by Carabas; 05-18-2017 at 01:50 PM.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

  7. #37
    Spectacular Member DiamondQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    127

    Default

    I loved it, and frankly I couldnt care less people didnt. That Phoenix raptor was glorious.

  8. #38
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I've addressed your point about the supposed bias and I told you it didn't exist. It's your own insecurity that causes you to care and even think there's a bias because you need validation.
    if it doesn't exist than why are the mcu movies the only anomaly. are you telling me that thor 1, thor 2, ant man, CA 1, Age of ultron, hulk, iron man 2, iron man 3, gotg 1, gotg 2 will be rated fresh if this exact movies was made by another studios? the answer is no.

    are you telling me that dr strange is better than batman begins/inception? hmmm. the bias because all these movies would be rotten had another studio made them, the fact is seen in X3, Apocalypse, Batman Forever and Man of steel rating rotten and movies like V for Vendetta and Kingsman secret service rating in the 70s. those are the hard evidence.

  9. #39
    Scarlet and Proud! Star_Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    if it doesn't exist than why are the mcu movies the only anomaly. are you telling me that thor 1, thor 2, ant man, CA 1, Age of ultron, hulk, iron man 2, iron man 3, gotg 1, gotg 2 will be rated fresh if this exact movies was made by another studios? the answer is no.

    are you telling me that dr strange is better than batman begins/inception? hmmm. the bias because all these movies would be rotten had another studio made them, the fact is seen in X3, Apocalypse, Batman Forever and Man of steel rating rotten and movies like V for Vendetta and Kingsman secret service rating in the 70s. those are the hard evidence.
    Wait, part of your defense is that Batman Forever is rated rotten, and that's somehow a travesty?

    Hah...

    Haha.

    Hahahahahahahaha!

    Please, go on...tell me what Joel Schumacher thinks of the MCU.
    "Cría cuervos y te sacarán los ojos."

  10. #40
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Wait, part of your defense is that Batman Forever is rated rotten, and that's somehow a travesty?

    Hah...

    Haha.

    Hahahahahahahaha!

    Please, go on...tell me what Joel Schumacher thinks of the MCU.
    batman forever is better than thor 2. the Joel Schumacher films only escalated poorly after batman and robin, which to me personally was as bad as the first gotg movie.

  11. #41
    Scarlet and Proud! Star_Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    batman forever is better than thor 2. the Joel Schumacher films only escalated poorly after batman and robin, which to me personally was as bad as the first gotg movie.
    There weren't any Joel Schumaker Batman films after Batman and Robin...
    "Cría cuervos y te sacarán los ojos."

  12. #42
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,029

    Default

    Selina:
    if you joke around all the time, there is no substance. joking around all the time is to mask kids from then truth of the harsh world we live in.
    Buahahaha
    I know why Selina hates MCU.
    she see that MCU movies have substance but it is hard to understand this substance because joke hide this substance before her.
    I feel secure in the cbm I like and that is why I am up for a healthy debate
    You are chaeting yourself.
    If You would be secure You would start talk without attacking others.
    and also
    You go to random threads to attack Marvel.
    Last edited by Xelossik; 05-18-2017 at 10:03 PM.
    Favorite Comics:
    Uncanny Avengers vol 3, All New Wolverine, Deadpool, Captain America Steve Rogers Vision

  13. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    if it doesn't exist than why are the mcu movies the only anomaly. are you telling me that thor 1, thor 2, ant man, CA 1, Age of ultron, hulk, iron man 2, iron man 3, gotg 1, gotg 2 will be rated fresh if this exact movies was made by another studios? the answer is no.

    are you telling me that dr strange is better than batman begins/inception? hmmm. the bias because all these movies would be rotten had another studio made them, the fact is seen in X3, Apocalypse, Batman Forever and Man of steel rating rotten and movies like V for Vendetta and Kingsman secret service rating in the 70s. those are the hard evidence.
    It's funny how you accuse other people of always talking about RT scores when it's the basis of your whole argument. If I can find one DC or Fox movie that isn't rated "rotten" or lower than an MCU movie that shuts the debate down, doesn't it?

    Rotten Tomatoes' Top 15 ranked comic book movies

    X-men Days of Future Past is rated above Dr. Strange and The Winter Soldier, not including all the Marvel movies that didn't make the list. The #1 spot is held by The Dark Knight. It's rated above Iron Man, The Avengers and everything else Marvel has to offer.

    So this should put to rest your argument. There is no bias. And it doesn't matter which movies are the best. I can already see you fuming over Marvel movies even being in the top 15 - learn to get over it. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean other people shouldn't like them.
    "Read anything I write for the pleasure of reading it. Whatever else you find will be the measure of what you brought..." - Ernest Hemingway

  14. #44
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    There weren't any Joel Schumaker Batman films after Batman and Robin...
    THE AFTERMATH OF BATMAN AND ROBIN. And Jim carey made a good riddle. still a better villain than what mcu has given you

  15. #45
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Selina:

    Buahahaha
    I know why Selina hates MCU.
    she see that MCU movies have substance but it is hard to understand this substance because joke hide this substance before her.




    You are chaeting yourself.
    If You would be secure You would start talk without attacking others.
    and also
    You go to random threads to attack Marvel.



    I see that the mcu has substance? I will let Mickey Rouke answer this question since he has been in mcu movies and I have not but he seems to be attracted to the things I like about the great x movies. aka , story, intelligence , not one dimensional characters, substance, depth. mickey even used some of those words.

    mickey actually said MCU is mindless, so he is not a fan. he said what I have been saying all along..

    Mickey's own words. full link here.http://screenrant.com/mickey-rourke-...marvel-movies/

    “If they let you play the bad guy with other dimensions other than one-dimensional. You have to fight for that though, to bring layers to the character. Otherwise, if you’re working for the wrong studio or let’s say a director that doesn’t have any balls, then they’re just gonna want it to be the evil bad guy. […] So, if you’re working with some good studio guys that got brains and you’re working with a director with a set of nuts that’ll let you incorporate that then it’s fun. Otherwise, you end up with what happened on ‘Iron Man.'”



    ''I’m not a Marvel fan
    … Once I did a movie for Marvel and they cut the whole goddamn thing out… When you bring it to the table, it’s really disappointing when they cut things out. "


    “[It’s] ****ing too bad, but it’s their loss. If they want to make

    then I don’t want to be a part of that. I don’t want to have to care so much and work so hard, and then fight them for intelligent reasoning, and just because they’re calling the shots they… You know, I didn’t work for three months on the accent and all the adjustments and go to Russia just so I could end up on the floor. Because that can make somebody say at the end of the day, oh **** ‘em, I’m just going to mail it in. But I’m not that kind of guy. I’m never going to mail it in.”


    “[W]hen I did Ivan Vanko in Iron Man, I fought… You know, I explained to Justin Theroux, to the writer, and to [Jon] Favreau, that I wanted to bring some other layers and colors [to the charater], not just make this Russian a complete murderous revenging bad guy. And they allowed me to do that. Unfortunately, the [people] at Marvel just wanted a one-dimensional bad guy, so most of the performance ended up the floor.

    And this sums up almost all the mcu movies in a nutshell. and I did not even say anything.
    Last edited by Selina; 05-19-2017 at 10:29 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •