View Poll Results: Supreme Elemental

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obviously Thor. The Phoenix burns through lies.

70 55.56%
  • Storm! Feats include breathing underwater, making clothes and not being a funnel!

22 17.46%
  • Meggan is Mother Earth's favorite. <3

34 26.98%
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i wouldn't call it an overexaggeration at all. he was mentally sedating cyclops while the avengers were beating him silly on the physical plane. and then when cyclops was broken and off-guard, started yelling at scott that he was ashamed of him. you know cyclops is an abuse survivor right? now imagine your foster father hurting you like that.
    I think there are inconsistencies in the 4-5 pages it takes place. Xavier juxtaposes the verbal put downs with reminding him that he loves him and he wants to help him. Doesn't make sense. I do think that if Xavier wanted to 'torture' him, he could have changed the location to a orphanage or something along those lines. But, for all that Cyclops has went through, including with Xavier, I don't think a few awful words constitute torture. They weren't exactly 'beating him silly' either. He was being restrained until he became aware of it and he took an arrow to the back of the neck, snatched it out and broke it. He was fine physically.

many abusers tell their wives/children as they hit them that they "love" them also, it doesn't make it any less wrong imho

and i dont know about you but getting shot in the neck with an arrow isn't what i would classify humane in any sense of the word.

Amazing Member

If you're thinking Xavier is Scott's abuser we're having a discussion I didn't know was taking place. I'm just saying he was being verbally smacked around a bit, not tortured. Also, I just used the arrow as an example for his physical body being fine while he spoke to Xavier.

if you missed it, i said i love professor. but even i can see that there was a lot of wrong being done to cyclops by professor in that scene and there's no sense sugar coating it. it was an ugly moment and i dont blame cyclops for what he did.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    if you missed it, i said i love professor. but even i can see that there was a lot of wrong being done to cyclops by professor in that scene and there's no sense sugar coating it. it was an ugly moment and i dont blame cyclops for what he did.
    I don't blame him, either.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1.) Did you actually read this story? The narrator explains that Shadow King exploited the emotions of the victim that were already there. The attacks and fights that ensued was the result of that anger. He was resisting him trying exploiting those emotions.

2.) When did i say she can do no wrong? please quote me. i am simply countering your false narrative that she didn't do anything during the terrigen cloud crisis. She did something, it was just something you did not agree with.

3.) She did so to be respectful. After that funeral, when she recruited Jean to Extraordinary (Ororo and Jean) both acknowledge he was not a good person (more or less).

4.) She chose to destroy it when she found there were no other alternatives. Doesn't matter at what point as she was working to employ a diplomatic way avoiding war that could help all involved.

5.) Storm has been extremely hard on herself. Just as Kitty acknowledged. hindsight is 20/20. So yea she could have done things differently but she didn't fail her people as they are still alive to fight another day.

6.) He died not knowing what hit him and he killed Xavier and said he would do it again when he wasn't possessed. He was evil and got what was coming to him.

7.) Just re-read IvX and events that occurred after Death of X if you want to see the effects of cyclops and his impact to mutants and the world's perception of them.
    1) we literally saw Cyclops struggling to warn Karma while Shadow King said he was trying to resist him. How was he in full control?

2) you're still defending her actions when she herself admitted she failed to save mutants.

3) wow, that's pretty shitty. If she didn't really care about him she should have gotten someone else who did to speak instead.

4) she shouldn't have cared about helping the Inhumans, period. they weren't the ones being gassed to death.

5) what does this have to do with you comparing him to Hitler for inspiring humans to march for mutants?

6) between this and Shadow King, you sure love blaming Scott for stuff he does while he's possessed.

He said he'd do it all again because it meant saving mutants from Wanda's genocide, but that doesn't mean he didn't torture himself daily over what happened to Xavier.

7) I'm sorry, I though we were talking about the stuff he actually did that hurt mutants, not stuff that others did while pretending to be him? (Not that Emma actually did anything wrong, but that's beside the point)