View Poll Results: Supreme Elemental

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obviously Thor. The Phoenix burns through lies.

74 54.81%
  • Storm! Feats include breathing underwater, making clothes and not being a funnel!

25 18.52%
  • Meggan is Mother Earth's favorite. <3

36 26.67%
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    Lmao! The world is Thor Topsy Turvy
    Last edited by DeathGods; 05-18-2017 at 09:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    PIS. Thor's hammer can absorb energy including Magneto's.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/o...owerJIM109.jpg

https://i.stack.imgur.com/iWt5g.jpg

Magneto has no real credibility when one examines the facts objectively. When pitted against more powerful foes like Ororo, Thor, and Phoenix Force JEan Grey, often times, these people's powers are written down in Magneto stories in order to prop him up to look good.
    1967? Lol. Hahaha...trying that with Magneto today? He would get tossed off the planet.

Storm is more powerful than either Thor, to be honest. She was able to wield enough energy to defeat the Trion who were the sum of all matter, life, and energy for an entire reality's past, present, and future all at once. Right after beating them, she then stitched that reality back together again when it was coming apart at its seams. Claremont stated in an interview that Storm and Phoenix Force Jean Grey were equal in power. Storm has been able to match and beat every feat done by Phoenix Force Jean Grey to date if you take Storm at her very best showings.

I believe Ororo, when at her best, dwarfs either Thor in power, to be honest.
    The Trion was in a different reality where everyone's powers worked differently. It doesn't mean anything in 616. Claremont may have said that once but he obviously changed his mind given the later feats of Storm and Phoenix. Even Rachel's Phoenix feats like stealing the lifeforce of all beings on Earth or confronting and deafeating Galactus are well beyond Storm's capabilities. Storm's only an Alpha after all.

No. Storm would slaughter them both.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    The Trion was in a different reality where everyone's powers worked differently. It doesn't mean anything in 616. Claremont may have said that once but he obviously changed his mind given the later feats of Storm and Phoenix. Even Rachel's Phoenix feats like stealing the lifeforce of all beings on Earth or confronting and deafeating Galactus are well beyond Storm's capabilities. Storm's only an Alpha after all.
    Storm's powers adapted to control the natural forces of that reality just like she controls the natural forces of her home reality. That's all that happened with Ororo. In her home reality, Storm's powerset is to perceive the universe as patterns of energy and forces she can bend to her will. This includes stars, planets, and even empty space. I am not saying that while in her home reality she can control the energies of the Trion reality, but the thing I am looking at is the amount of energy she was able to wield in that dimension. She would be able to wield the same energy in her home dimension as well.

Also, that said, Claremont gave Ororo feats that actually surpassed that of the Phoenix Force during his run. Phoenix Force Jean Grey threw an attack backed by the power of a star while Storm threw an attack backed by the FULL power of a star. Dark Phoenix devoured a star, Storm devoured MILLIONS of stars and living planets.

Phoenix Force Rachel stealing the life force of everyone on Earth is a joke compared to Ororo. Storm can beat that a billion trillion fold just by stealing the life force of a single star. Storm stole the life force of MILLIONS of STARS. Sorry, but I'm just not impressed.
    Last edited by rutog98; 05-19-2017 at 06:41 AM.

As long as Jane is written by Jason Aaron, I don't think anyone on the X-Men have a chance, the Mother Storm is apparently more powerful than the Phoenix even...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    1967? Lol. Hahaha...trying that with Magneto today? He would get tossed off the planet.
    https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpres...hor-387-20.jpg

https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpres...hor-387-21.jpg

Here, Thor uses his hammer to absorb enough energy from a planet's EM field and hurls it at a celestial. The amount of EM energy Thor hurls is so great that it shattered mountain peaks for miles around. Magneto has NEVER thrown an EM attack with anywhere NEAR this kind of force and power. So, yeah, if Thor can absorb this much power from a planet's EM field into his hammer, he can still absorb Magneto's powers since Magneto can't throw anywhere near this kind of power. This would still include Magneto's force-field.

Here, the Midgard Serpent is shown to be large enough to encircle the entire planet: https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...83327084yc.jpg

Here, Thor gets a proverbial "fishing hook" in the serpents mouth and hurls it away from Earth with his super strength: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...ength31327.jpg

Thor gets written down a lot in "Avengers" because he is being written in a team dynamic in that title. When Magneto was able to hold out blows fro Thor and She-Hulk together, Thor was obviously written down badly from his best showings. He was clearly not written at these levels when he was devauled in the fight against Magneto in the story you are referencing. Magneto doesn't have any feats that can begin to compete with Thor. Storm, on the other hand, can beat all of these feats.

Now, onto Storm's power levels:

In Excalibur issue 73, Sienna Blaze casually threw a blast that had enough energy to fry Nightcrawler to a crisp with enough power to sink Muir Island and half of Scotland, here: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/Y5P10_XkcCy...Mn_ov9HFslY=s0

In her previous appearance, she fought Storm. Her energy signature was compared to that of the Phoenix and she had the power to split the planet like a ripe melon. In this story, Storm redirected her full power. So, Storm redirected the full power of a mutant strong enough to split the planet like a ripe melon. That tops the two Thor feats above while the Thor feats above dwarf Magneto's feats.
    Last edited by rutog98; 05-19-2017 at 06:56 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    As long as Jane is written by Jason Aaron, I don't think anyone on the X-Men have a chance, the Mother Storm is apparently more powerful than the Phoenix even...
    Unless Thor's hammer wields enough energy to edit the timeline for an entire reality, the Phoenix Force was written down for the Mother Storm. Phoenix Force Jean Grey was able to edit a timeline. I don't see either Thor wielding anywhere near that kind of power.

Thor is most assuredly stronger than storm. I like storm plenty, but no way is she more power than any Thor weilding the hammer.

I am surprised to see storm losing SO badly in the poll being that this is in the x-boards forum. I could only imagine how low her numbers would be if this were in the general marvel page with more voters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    Thor is most assuredly stronger than storm. I like storm plenty, but no way is she more power than any Thor weilding the hammer.

I am surprised to see storm losing SO badly in the poll being that this is in the x-boards forum. I could only imagine how low her numbers would be if this were in the general marvel page with more voters.
    If you take Storm at the power levels she is NORMALLY written at (especially nowadays when all she does is fly and shoot lightning), then, yeah, Thor seems to be more powerful. However, if you take Storm at her best, she dwarfs him in terms of raw power. Most people don't know how power Ororo really is. You have to really research the character to find out which requires taking a unique interest in her. The, you have the naysayers who will try and devalue Storm no matter the evidence presented to the contrary of what they are trying to say. They are hellbent on lowballing her.

Storm's powers adapted to control the natural forces of that reality just like she controls the natural forces of her home reality. That's all that happened with Ororo. In her home reality, Storm's powerset is to perceive the universe as patterns of energy and forces she can bend to her will. This includes stars, planets, and even empty space. I am not saying that while in her home reality she can control the energies of the Trion reality, but the thing I am looking at is the amount of energy she was able to wield in that dimension. She would be able to wield the same energy in her home dimension as well.

Also, that said, Claremont gave Ororo feats that actually surpassed that of the Phoenix Force during his run. Phoenix Force Jean Grey threw an attack backed by the power of a star while Storm threw an attack backed by the FULL power of a star. Dark Phoenix devoured a star, Storm devoured MILLIONS of stars and living planets.

Phoenix Force Rachel stealing the life force of everyone on Earth is a joke compared to Ororo. Storm can beat that a billion trillion fold just by stealing the life force of a single star. Storm stole the life force of MILLIONS of STARS. Sorry, but I'm just not impressed.
    Sorry but no, the Trion's reality is wholly out of context regarding Storm's capabilities in 616. By her own admission nothing was consistent and that would presumably include the scale of energies Storm was wielding. Even she was surprised by it and considered the things she was doing to be impossible, she was basically a reality warper there. Here she's an electron seamstress at best.

And you can stop with the Galactic Core #fakenews. We've all seen the scan, Storm didn't absorb or devour millions of stars, she just drew on their energy and killed herself in the process. It's basically what Havok does every second of every day, except without the curling up and dying part. The Phoenix actually ate a star, and destroyed a solar system in the process. It's incomparablely beyond to what Storm did. I'm not sure why you keep insisting otherwise given what's clearly portrayed in the scans? I mean do you want Storm to actually have ended millions of stars and planets, likely killing trillions or more in the process and making her the worst genocidal monster in human history? I thought you were her fan?

The Rachel thing is interesting in that despite Rachel's incomparably overwhelming power, the power to literally hold all life on Earth in the palm of her hand, it was Storm's singular voice and stength of character that actually got through to her and brought her back from the brink of going Dark Phoenix. Which brings us back to Storm's most impressive aspect; her persona. That alone is a feat well beyond anything her Alpha mutant level powers could ever have done.

I think that's partially because of the reputation Storm fans carry, some rightfully some wrongfully, throughout the comic book section of the internet.
    Last edited by Materiel; 05-19-2017 at 11:10 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

the question isn't who is stronger but who is the better elemental. storm has better feats to support she is the better elemental in terms of power and creative uses of power.

and a lot of people on this site don't like storm or her fans which the latter I think plays more into the trolling (such as this thread is doing). it's quite juvenile but it's expected when conversing fictional characters.

Sorry but no, the Trion's reality is wholly out of context regarding Storm's capabilities in 616. By her own admission nothing was consistent and that would presumably include the scale of energies Storm was wielding. Even she was surprised by it and considered the things she was doing to be impossible, she was basically a reality warper there. Here she's an electron seamstress at best.

And you can stop with the Galactic Core #fakenews. We've all seen the scan, Storm didn't absorb or devour millions of stars, she just drew on their energy and killed herself in the process. It's basically what Havok does every second of every day, except without the curling up and dying part. The Phoenix actually ate a star, and destroyed a solar system in the process. It's incomparablely beyond to what Storm did. I'm not sure why you keep insisting otherwise given what's clearly portrayed in the scans? I mean do you want Storm to actually have ended millions of stars and planets, likely killing trillions or more in the process and making her the worst genocidal monster in human history? I thought you were her fan?

The Rachel thing is interesting in that despite Rachel's incomparably overwhelming power, the power to literally hold all life on Earth in the palm of her hand, it was Storm's singular voice and stength of character that actually got through to her and brought her back from the brink of going Dark Phoenix. Which brings us back to Storm's most impressive aspect; her persona. That alone is a feat well beyond anything her Alpha mutant level powers could ever have done.
    Your entire post is incorrect.

Astonishing Member

1) You cannot make stuff up. NOWHERE in the issue did the story state the scale at which Ororo's powers work was affected whatsoever. Also, your point is diminished by the fact that even in Ororo's home dimension, her power is stated in canon to be near-infinite and beyond all comprehension. Furthermore, her powers was stated by the writer of all of that to be equal to that of Phoenix Force Jean Grey, who was a powerful cosmic force that even dwarfed the threat of Galactus at the time this stuff was stated about Ororo. Also, nowhere in the story did she say that "nothing was consistent" in the Trion reality. Stop making up your own script. What she said was that the natural forces of that dimension were bizzare, but she was able to tap into them and beat the Trion, who were also tapped into that same energy. Not only that, but the Trion was the sum of all life, matter, and energy for that entire reality's past, present and future. So, she wielded that power, the same power the Trion wielded, on a scale higher than them. Them's the facts.

2) The issue stated Ororo summoned the full power of the galactic core. Also, she did not kill herself in the process. You can stop telling that lie right now.

Anyway, I am just going to cut and paste a post I did in the "Storm" thread a couple of weeks ago to deal with you:

"Guys, I am having an interesting discussion about Storm on another thread. I think I may have discovered something of interest in my discussion, so I will repost what I said in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    and where exactly did all of that energy go to?
    She obviously metabolized it. I think that is why she was able to survive in space so long unaided. My theory is she was living off of the life force and energy of all of those heavenly bodies she just devoured. Read this scan from Uncanny X-Men #156: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fk08_a_AUO...CRE6SukYbqN=s0

Notice when Deathbird kicked her out into space, it was stated that Ororo can only survive for 30 seconds out there without life support. So, the X-Men had only 30 seconds to save her.

Now, lets go to the Brood Saga: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/TA1J3mXX9Mx...8gMxMFVdjnu=s0
    Notice how just being in proximity to all of the heavenly bodies in the galactic core, she was able to feed off of their life energies and draw both spiritual and material sustenance from them. Then, she summons the full power of the core and essentially becomes a star that is sum of all the energy in the core crammed into her body: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/Z7nv4mGSzvE...QJ8nfYvtl8v=s0 So, she absorbed into herself every iota of energy in that core including the very life force that strengthens her spiritually and physically. Yet, pulling this feat destroys her ship and life support. Remember, she is supposed to be able to survive in space for only 30 seconds unaided. Which brings me to my next point: Uncanny X-Men 166:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/eUx03oWIP12...B8siTgrPAhp=s0

Notice here that the Acanti found Storm while she was in the last moments of her life. So, she had not yet expired when they happened upon her. Also, the Acanti were not actively looking for Storm when they stumbled across from her. She had to have been out in deep space without any life support for an awful long time...certainly much longer than a mere 30 seconds. My belief is it is the energies she absorbed/devoured from the galactic core that sustained her all of that time up until the Acanti found her. I make this claim because as the Uncanny 165 X-Men scans establish, she draws spiritual and material sustenance from living stars and planet and she had just consumed so much of that life force.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    I don't personally see a problem with it. Sure it is immensely powerful, however this must be really straining on her body so she wouldn't do it often. I don't think she can control this from earth but I don't know the range of her abilities.
    Nowhere in the scans did it state that this was a strain on her body. In fact, if anything, this was the easiest thing for her to do as the very energies she was absorbing actually strengthened her physically and spiritually and was likely how she survived in deep space for so long before the Acanti found her. The Uncanny 165 scan even stated that it was a simple process for her."