Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marik Swift View Post
    Agree with this.

I hate Wonder Wonan Woman being invulnerable - that's a kryptonian thing. She should be resistant to damage, not outright invulnerable, which itself has its own perks & separatea her from the rest.
    What does that even mean, "resistant to damage"?
    Nobody in the DCU is invulnerable. You punch Superman hard enough in the face, he's going to bleed. No magic or radioactive rocks required.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rig View Post
    1. Nothing good has come from Marston's writing, so this idea that Marston made her vulnerable to bullets holds no weight today.

2. Bullets aren't piercing object, you can't push a bullet into someone's body like a knife. It's the force behind bullet that penetrates. A round object traveling at the speed of sound would pierce human flesh as well.
    1. Ehh...

2. they are, thats why they end in tips and you can push a pullet into someone if theres enough momentum behind it... just like you can stab someone with a ball-point pen or a nail if you hit hard enough, unlike the fist and arm holding them.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    2. they are, thats why they end in tips and you can push a pullet into someone if theres enough momentum behind it... just like you can stab someone with a ball-point pen or a nail if you hit hard enough, unlike the fist and arm holding them.
    You can stab somebody with a baseball bat if you got enough momentum behind it.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

All that said...the other thing is that we saw Diana cover a grenade blast with her bare hands in Year One (I was just reminded of this 'cuz my trade came in the mail today. YUSS) and like...clearly that didn't blow up her hands or anything. Are bullets really much more forceful than point-blank grenades?

I think this is something we'll have to eventually no-prize as Maru's bullets being extra super duper special, or something.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    they are, thats why they end in tips and you can push a pullet into someone if theres enough momentum behind it... just like you can stab someone with a ball-point pen or a nail if you hit hard enough, unlike the fist and arm holding them.
    Same can be done with round metal object with enough force behind it but that doesn't make it piercing tool like a knife or sword.

How about this the bullets can pierce her skin but not in the way they did in 19. They pierce her skin but don't go right through her. Her skin just sends them out. It still hurts. Regular bullets shouldn't harm her cause like bruises but things like machine guns pierce are skin and hurt but don't kill her. Her suit should be giving her more protection that it improves her defense of many things
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    All that said...the other thing is that we saw Diana cover a grenade blast with her bare hands in Year One (I was just reminded of this 'cuz my trade came in the mail today. YUSS) and like...clearly that didn't blow up her hands or anything. Are bullets really much more forceful than point-blank grenades?
    No idea. I am fairly certain that grenade shrapnell is a whole lot sharper than a bullet though.
    - Gerhard Bronner

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    She just feels pain from them. And the bracelets are iconic like Superman's S. They also qualify as a piercing weapon and virtually all warriors and soldiers use some sort of piercing weapon so I feel it's fitting for her to be able to be hurt by them.
    I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    I think Gaelforce answered this perfectly. The bracelets shouldn't go anywhere but they can be used for much stronger weapons/attacks. I think Gail Simone got it right when the only type of piercing weapons that hurt her were those that were made with Godly magic. It's not like her villains can't get there hands on weapons like that anyway it really shouldnt be easy for any old person on earth to have something that can hurt her. I dont need her to be superman invulnerable but regular human weapons don't need to hurt her imo unless its something super powerful or a special case like one of her villains crafted a weapon just for her.
    I'll agree to disagree with you and Gaelforce. While Diana may still be hurt by piercing weapons, she has shrugged off lightning, heat vision, certain blasts etc. I am personally okay with the piercing weapons so long as say, certain energy beams, Superman's heat vision, extreme heat, etc does not phase her. It counterbalances it out imo.

Clark & Diana Whata Team! Super-Wonder's Avatar

Default She Tanks a Grenade! Logically what's a bullet going to do?

Oh Greg, what have you done!?!
    The Bullets and Grenade chit is a mistake. Rucka effed up, and in the interim revived this ridiculous debate, that's the bottom line. This demonstrates a blatant contradiction in her ability to withstand modern munitions.
    Rucka didn't preface that Poison's weapon has any additional attributes . . . like a Superhero destroying Poison . . . she took it and it was badass but it's more Plot Induced Stupidity to fuel a tired discussion.
    To sit here and speculate what is and what isn't and try to rationalize this and that to make sense of bullets passing through her says something about the quality of the story and the ability of the writer to present creative resolutions to an age old debate . . . like a Superhero destroying Poison.

Logically a child could get a gun a shoot Wonder Woman through the head. Is she Lobo? Is she just going to grow her brains and skull back like being shot in the head is nothing?

Let's finally Bullet Proof the Wonder and create new and less confusing physical threats.

I think Gaelforce says it best so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Here's why I want her to be bulletproof (and was sad to see she wasn't)

1. When she was first created, bullets were one of the primary lethal attacks. Stopping a speeding bullet was describing Superman at his best because bullets were the badass choice of killing someone.

2. Since then, though, we have lasers and adamantium (and similar metals), and nuclear weapons. Superman could stop a bullet, for example, but as the real world and then the comic world scaled up, so did his defenses.

3. Plenty of other heroes who were originally *not* bulletproof back when they were created but are now today as part of that scaling up of superheroes. Batman has taken automatic weapons fire to the chest without slowing down, and Aquaman took a point blank bullet to the head (not his armor) and we saw a trickle of blood and an angry Aquaman.

Diana needs to keep pace with this 'arms race', so to speak. Let lasers and radioactive bolts and 'adamantium' weapons pierce her flesh so she has to deflect/block those. Bullets should be yesterday's problem.
    Bullets should be yesterday's problem . . . so simple.
    Last edited by Super-Wonder; 05-19-2017 at 07:43 AM.
    Wonderfully Superb

I would say let it pierce her skin but not go through her. That it hurts but not enough to send her falling.
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

See, this is small arms automatic weapons fire with Aquaman.

The argument is that, being able to survive in the deep, his skin is dense.

I don't know of a single bulletproof fish regardless of how deep they live

Batman's normal costume taking close weapons fire without slowing him down.

He also has an invisible face shield that lets him take slugs at point blank range to the face.

Seriously - if she isn't bulletproof, and if a single bullet can take her down (if only for a moment, but she's down and not moving at the end of the initial gunshot) then why in the world is she *not* wearing bulletproof armor. Sure, it doesn't kill her, but it knocks her down/hurts, so it just doesn't make any sense to me that someone from a magical warrior culture is less bulletproof than a rich guy from Gotham and a half-human/half-Atlantean.

Diana's magic warrior culture has blessed her with bracelets capable of deflecting bullets and great speed enabling her to do so. The bracelets are as much a tool for her as Batman's armor is for him, so they're both as bulletproof as Superman thanks to their equipment.

One thing if they do make her bulletproof why not also have her weakness be her bracelets again. Both her greatest weapon and greatest weakness. Anyone capable of breaking the bracelets sends Diana into her berserk mode. I mean to be honest if we want Diana to be bulletproof when she is giving her gifts okay but it she ever gets the gifts taken away her average thing to bullets should be Rucka's they don't kill her but they hurt. The amazons skins should be tough but not like the magic that Diana has so bullets should harm them but not kill.

Clark & Diana Whata Team! Super-Wonder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    One thing if they do make her bulletproof why not also have her weakness be her bracelets again. Both her greatest weapon and greatest weakness. Anyone capable of breaking the bracelets sends Diana into her berserk mode. I mean to be honest if we want Diana to be bulletproof when she is giving her gifts okay but it she ever gets the gifts taken away her average thing to bullets should be Rucka's they don't kill her but they hurt. The amazons skins should be tough but not like the magic that Diana has so bullets should harm them but not kill.
    I would be down with all of this.
    Wonderfully Superb