Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yeah, I expect Air Force captain who gets caught in accident involving Kree tech, either something seized by the government or something straight from the Kree themselves, that gives her powers.

Other things I'd like to see would be a variation of Dr. Minerva as the villain, a shout out to Mar-Vell with the inclusion of the Nega-Bands in some capacity (maybe setting up a sister set, Quantum Bands, to suggest Quasar down the road), and a good friend in Monica Rambeau who will get her own power set in a future film.

I had an idea a while ago with Carol being part of a joint military operation going around cleaning up SHIELD/Hydra blacksites and coming across one that was still active experimenting with captured Kree tech. The head of that site would be Doctor Karla Sofen who is obsessed with unlocking the mysteries of the Kree device. Carol and her team go in and are met with Hydra remnants and in the battle a Kree device is hit and explodes bathing both Sofen and Danvers in alien energy. They capture the base and take the hydra agents into custody and ship Sofen and Danvers off to a medical base to figure out their injuries. When they wake up both discover that the device has altered them in different ways giving them massive powers. Sofen take the name Moonstone and tries to escape while Carol has to stop her.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Moonstone would seem like the obvious choice for a villain if that happens.
    And it could set up her inclusion in a future Thunderbolts film.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    The one thing I expect to not see is Mar-Vell.
    same here. i don't know how she will acquire her powers but it won't be through Mar-Vell at all.

Well, hasn't Feige said that Carol's film won't be an origin story? They're trying to lean away from doing so many origin movies aren't they?

And Carol is showing up in Infinity War, as I understand it.

So it seems to me that Carol's origin will play out in Infinity War, and when her solo film arrives she'll just hit the ground (sky?) running and punching.

So assuming this is right and Carol's origin is going to unfold amid the chaos of Infinity War.....it's gotta be something quick, simple, and to the point, that doesn't take a huge detour from the main plot and the billion cameo appearances the movie is going to deliver.

First guess is, at some point Thanos will be fighting with Air Force/SHIELD forces (possibly working with the heroes, or before the heroes arrive, or who knows?). Something will happen with one of the Stones, resulting in a huge, devastating blast that atomizes most of the air support, except for Carol, who will somehow survive and become enhanced (possibly due to a latent Inhuman gene?). She'll be left unconscious and in a hospital bed for the rest of the film, but will get a post-credits scene indicating her new powers and letting audiences know she's someone to keep an eye out for.

Second guess, Thanos and/or the Black Order (who we've reason to believe will be involved) will be hunting down and destroying potential resistance spots on earth (such as Wakanda) one of those places will be a military/SHIELD research division experimenting with Kree tech (Project Pegasus?) where Carol works as a pilot, head of security, whatever. In the battle that follows, the Kree tech is activated/damaged and explodes, and Carol gains her powers but is rendered unconscious, where she'll remain until the post-credits scene.

Third guess, Carol is still a member of security or a pilot at a SHIELD/military research lab, where she works with a odd but kind scientist everyone calls Marv (or whatever). But when word gets out that aliens are headed towards the faculty, Marv starts to act weird and slips away. Carol follows him to a secret location filled with Kree tech and discovers that the guy is really a Kree spy sent to earth to find out what the hell the primates are doing with Infinity Stones (or looking into the increase in Inhuman population or something). A brief scuffle starts as Marv tries to prepare the tech that'll help protect the earth and Carol assumes he's part of the attack and tries to stop him. Before Marv can fix the misunderstanding, Thanos arrives. The Kree tech explodes in the following fight and Marv throws himself in front of Carol to save her, and in the feedback Carol gains powers but is knocked unconscious for the film.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

Discipline = Freedom.

Invincible: The greatest superhero comic in the universe!

Whatever it is, I hope Jessica Drew is part of it.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Mass Effect: Ranking the Squad Members

Incredible Member

If Carol debuts in Infinity War and Captain Marvel is the one conneting Avengers 4 and Inifnity War, I guess Carol will be a pilot helping Avengers during Infinity War, and she will get shot down in a space battle and seemingly dead. Then in Captain Marvel a Kree spy ship led by Mar-vell that just witnessed Thanos's invasion on Earth saves Carol. Her body is exposed to Infinity Stones's energy and that's killing her, Mar-vell and the Medics on board use Kree tech to stablize her and she become a living energy grid. And Mar-vell saved her because he needs witness to warn the Kree Empire of the threat of Thanos, and the story will take place mostly in Kree territory.

Incredible Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I think they might leave out the whole '''getting her powers BECAUSE of Mar-Vell'', since it has been said that they don't want her origin to be too Green Lantern-like. So instead she'll get her powers from some generic alien accident with Kree tech, like many suggested, that doesn't involve anyone else, just her. I still want Mar-Vell to be a part of her origin somehow, though. Maybe he won't be involved in her getting powers, but just as an inspiration for her codename? I'm still very curious as to how she's gonna come up with Captain Marvel in-universe. It could be a homage to someone that she knows or used to know called Mar-Vell. He doesn't even need to have a big part; maybe he's already dead and we'll only see him through flashbacks, but I just think it's important to honor the original hero somehow, just like they did with Hank Pym or the Guardians 3000.

I don't see what would be the point of introducing Mar-Vell when Marvel has no intention of using him.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

"What - Carol Danvers is in the MCU and flying solo? Fall back Rhodes, I GOT THIS!" - Falcon

Anyway I thought they already said she gets her powers from an infinity stone. She's probably an astronaut instead of a pilot and she gets blasted by gem energy.
    "But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you... And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye?..."

FAVES: A-ko (Project A-ko), Rogue, Cassandra Cain, Supergirl (New 52), Power Girl (Kara Zor-El), She-Hulk, Spider-Gwen, Squirrel Girl, Jessica Cruz, Silk, Cassandra Lang

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think they might leave out the whole '''getting her powers BECAUSE of Mar-Vell'', since it has been said that they don't want her origin to be too Green Lantern-like. So instead she'll get her powers from some generic alien accident with Kree tech, like many suggested, that doesn't involve anyone else, just her. I still want Mar-Vell to be a part of her origin somehow, though. Maybe he won't be involved in her getting powers, but just as an inspiration for her codename? I'm still very curious as to how she's gonna come up with Captain Marvel in-universe. It could be a homage to someone that she knows or used to know called Mar-Vell. He doesn't even need to have a big part; maybe he's already dead and we'll only see him through flashbacks, but I just think it's important to honor the original hero somehow, just like they did with Hank Pym or the Guardians 3000.
    I want the movie to be set in Kree territory with Carol and Mar-Vell trying to convince the Kree Empire to join the cause of stopping Thanos.(Carol wants to save Earth, Mar-vell wants to eliminate the threat to Hala.) I want to see some unbiased view of Kree people.(GoTG really makes them look like space baddies through their appearances and Guardians' dialogue.) Would be cool if Carol return with a Alien fleet in Avengers 4.
    If Mar-vell is already dead in the movie, maybe he was a Kree soldier who got cancer from a battle and left behind on Earth. He decided to spent his last time on Earth and somehow got to know Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    "What - Carol Danvers is in the MCU and flying solo? Fall back Rhodes, I GOT THIS!" - Falcon

Anyway I thought they already said she gets her powers from an infinity stone. She's probably an astronaut instead of a pilot and she gets blasted by gem energy.
    Perhaps somehow related to Nova Corps involvement (the similar insignia) and the Power Stone that they already have in their protection
    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Astonishing Member

I do not expect to see Carol's origin involve either a legacy passed down from a man (Mar-Vell) or 'woman gets captured and experimented on and given powers by a bunch of dudes (alien or otherwise).'

I do expect Marvel's breakout female screen superhero, first to have her own movie, to have agency in how she gained her own powers and not to be a test-subject of dudes like Wanda (or Gamora).