View Poll Results: Is Wolverine a misogynist?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 31.94%
  • No

49 68.06%
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Default Trigger warning for sexist slurs: Is Wolverine a misogynist?

This came up in the other thread.

In Uncanny X-Men #408, Wolverine tells Stacy-X that she should stop acting like a whore if she wants people to treat her better.

In Wolverine #64, he calls Mystique a whore.

Is Wolverine calling women whores misogynistic, or is it ok because he's so old?

He's an 18th century noblemen, yes obviously.

Maybe. Maybe not. What I do know is that writers need to stop making Wolverine give advice to anyone about anything, unless it's about "most efficient ways to stab someone". He nearly always comes off as a hypocrite. The guy who goes after other people's women is telling someone not to act like a whore? Shut up.

If you don't wanna treated like an asshole, then stop acting like one, Logan.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Spectacular Member DiamondQueen's Avatar

Yes. Think about all the women he man handles.

To whore oneself out is to compromise something about yourself (like your integrity, maybe) to please other people. He was talking about himself as much as he was anybody else. People need to be bubble wrapped or something so their feelings don't get hurt these days. I hate this world so much.
    Back from the Phantom Zone... but for how long?

Clearly, Carol Danvers has taken the expression "man up" a little too seriously.

FAVES: A-ko (Project A-ko), Rogue, Cassandra Cain, Supergirl (New 52), Power Girl (Kara Zor-El), She-Hulk, Spider-Gwen, Squirrel Girl, Jessica Cruz, Silk, Cassandra Lang

He stood up for Storm when Cyclops and Xavier tried to undermine her leadership. He never judged Emma for her affair with Cyclops. He always treated Mariko with respect. He has a slew of surrogate daughters that he mentors. No, I don't think Wolverine has any disdain or contempt for women.

I mean, Stacy X is literally a prostitute, like that's her thing. She was trying to sleep with all the X-Men. Wolverine was just telling her to cut that shit out.

I think the second panel is from 'Get Mystique'. Raven kills a bunch of innocent people(and a goat) in that story, but Wolverine is bad because he 'slut shamed' her. Piss off lol.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 05-18-2017 at 08:36 AM.

That first one sounds really misogynist, but I'm not gonna make a big deal out of him dissing Mystique lol.

LOL Remember when he went around calling every X-Woman "broad"?

Fun times.

Calling Stacy-X a whore is just calling a spade a spade.

Possibly Mystique, too.
    "Cría cuervos y te sacarán los ojos."

I know an older guy who likes to call me 'princess', and not in a mocking way. I'm not a woman. Is that weird? I don't know. I kinda like it. Makes me feel pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    LOL Remember when he went around calling every X-Woman "broad"?

Fun times.
    Actually though. That was when X-Men comics were good

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    He stood up for Storm when Cyclops and Xavier tried to undermine her leadership. He never judged Emma for her affair with Cyclops. He always treated Mariko with respect. He has a slew of surrogate daughters that he mentors. No, I don't think Wolverine has any disdain or contempt for women.
    That's like saying you can't be racist if you have some black friends.

I mean, Stacy X is literally a prostitute, like that's her thing. She was trying to sleep with all the X-Men. Wolverine was just telling her to cut that shit out.
    That's not what happened; she told Angel she was going to see a client, he slutshamed her, she complained to Wolverine, and he told her to stop acting like a whore.

I think the second panel is from 'Get Mystique'. Raven kills a bunch of innocent people(and a goat) in that story, but Wolverine is bad because he 'slut shamed' her. Piss off lol.
    well, Wolverine was basically stalking Mystique all over the globe and trying to murder her there because of what she did to save Rogue's life, and she was only trying to get away from him.

And two wrongs don't make a right. Would it be okay if he called Moses Magnum the n-word because Moses is a bad guy? Or if he called Magneto an anti-Semitic slur during one of the times they were enemies?

Are all Cyclops stans this butthurt? Let some things go, at least Logan didn't cheat on both his wives.

edit: To answer the question above Logan's not a misogynst, he's just an asshole. As are Raven and Stacy tbh.
    Last edited by DDM; 05-18-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Invincible Member

No I don't think that he is. I've seen far too many examples to contradict that notion to believe it. But he IS an irreverent person who says what he thinks regardless of what other people do, and can be kind of an a-hole at times. So this just plays into that idea imo.

Voted no. I think he's an asshole, so if he says/does something misogynistic is more to piss the other person off.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Are all Cyclops stans this butthurt? Let some things go, at least Logan didn't cheat on both his wives.

edit: To answer the question above Logan's not a misogynst, he's just an asshole. As are Raven and Stacy tbh.
    Mystique's a better parent, though. She saved her daughter's life, he drowned his son in a puddle.