View Poll Results: Do you think that the X-men belong in the MCU?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes-they have been a major part of Marvel for years, and they matter.

14 41.18%
  • No-they would make it bloated and confusing.

20 58.82%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Do you think that the X-men should be in the MCU?

I have heard conflicting opinions on this topic, and I am now asking the question here. I personally think that they do.

What do you think?
    Last edited by QuinnFillory; 05-18-2017 at 08:42 AM.

When MCU eventually reboots, then X-Men should be there. Not now. It's just not possible to include X-Men in MCU at this stage.

Fantastic Four should totally be in MCU, or at least Doom, Silver Surfer and Galactus.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

logan restored some faith in Fox for me. one of the best CBM ever and iono if we get it if disney owned the rights.

X-Men works better in its own universe imo. There is soooooo much you can do with that franchise. So many characters, spin offs, storylines that could keep the franchise alive for decades on decades. That's the reason most of the X-Men events in the comics are solely focused on the X-Men, because their mythology is so vast that you don't need any of the Marvel characters. There's really no point for it. With the F4 however, almost everything they do ties into the Marvel universe as a whole. In every event Reed is always the dude who comes in to explain everything. They need to be there. But the X-Men? I say keep them in their own universe.

However, if moving them to the MCU means they can finally be done justice, that's a whole other story
    There was a time above... a time before... there were perfect things... diamond absolutes. But things fall... things on earth. And what falls... is fallen. In the dream, it took me to the light. A beautiful lie.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Nope. After Logan, I feel that Fox getting a passionate director, and staying out of the way, is our best shot at getting a great, serious Doom in live action. We just gotta hope the execs have learned their lesson.

X-Men does not even fit into comics Marvel. There is zero sense in having normal humans hate and fear a group of superpeople (mutants), and simultaneously adore and respect another group of superpeople (everything else who are *not* mutants). X-Men should be in another universe.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    X-Men does not even fit into comics Marvel. There is zero sense in having normal humans hate and fear a group of superpeople (mutants), and simultaneously adore and respect another group of superpeople (everything else who are *not* mutants). X-Men should be in another universe.
    Agreed. It would be a weird double standard.

Marvel never would've let Logan or Deadpool get made the way they are, that alone is enough for me keep X-Men separate from the MCU. Boone's New Mutants looks to continue this trend with with a more horror take on the mutations which is gonna be REALLY interesting to see.

Spectacular Member

Its the standard for the last 60 years. If you watch Shield, Inhumans are hated and feared like the Mutants. We are also in the MCU where even the Avengers are hated and feared, so I am not sure if that is a valid point now or every was. Marvels the comic book does a great job illustrating why people hate Mutants and love the other heroes. I am all for seeing the X-Men in this universe even if its a slow burn to do House of M where they reveal Scarlett Witch is from that world and mind wiped herself, so she couldn't undo the spell.

I think they should be in the MCU but bringing them in the MCU right now isn't the most practical move for either the MCU or the X-men.

For the X-men they would have to compete with the other franchises for screentime so X-men sequels would take a long time to get made. Plus they won't have the freedom to do movies like Deadpool or Logan.

For the MCU they aren't as easy to bring in offscreen like Spider-Man or the defenders or even FF if they get them. I think you would have to spend a whole movie explaining what they been up to and why haven't they been around the past few movies. Plus Magneto is tied to the Holocaust so having him start fighting for mutant supremacy in his late 90s feels like a weak choice.

I'd be more interested in bringing FF into the MCU

No. I like them in their own world.
    "Read anything I write for the pleasure of reading it. Whatever else you find will be the measure of what you brought..." - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Its the standard for the last 60 years. If you watch Shield, Inhumans are hated and feared like the Mutants. We are also in the MCU where even the Avengers are hated and feared, so I am not sure if that is a valid point now or every was. Marvels the comic book does a great job illustrating why people hate Mutants and love the other heroes. I am all for seeing the X-Men in this universe even if its a slow burn to do House of M where they reveal Scarlett Witch is from that world and mind wiped herself, so she couldn't undo the spell.
    The Inhumans aren't supposed to be budget X-men. That's what Agents of Shield turned them into because they so badly wanted (and needed, in my opinion) mutants on the show. They did InhuX-men well. I LOVED Gordon on that show when I used to watch, but it was always a rip off and it only makes sense just as long as the Inhumans stay militant and the humans stay fearful and hypocritical.
    "Read anything I write for the pleasure of reading it. Whatever else you find will be the measure of what you brought..." - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Hulk and Spidey get there share of hate along with others. Cap is barely enhanced and literaly an American hero, and Thor is a god of course they're. loved. More importantly these aren't normal people, mutants are you neighbors,friends,and family. they are everywhere and they are surpassing humans in evolution. Fantastic four and a lot of others had freak accidents and are out in the public. mutants can be anyone.

plus as times goes on mutants aren't generally hated by the public. its either the gvmt or bad guys. The Xmen are seen as heroes and get they're share of love(obviously that bounces back and forth). so it works to some extent but it probally works better contained within its own universe.

The FF is a definate in my book.

X-Men are a different story. Fox is hit and miss ... but overall it's still solid.

Overall I'd say yes but for now at least I'm glad marvel doesn't have the X-Men so they can focus on other properties. But down the line I'd like for them to get access to the entire marvel roster.